Memory Foam beds

Started by john mcgill, November 26, 2007, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I see posters enquiring about flat screen TVs and expensive brandy, this probably shows my grasp (or lack of it) on life but has anyone experience of memory foam beds?  I have heard a lot of positive talk about them, mainly from American friends.  I went to look in a couple of shops and the range and price is vast.  From £500 to £2300 for memory foam only, memory foam on pocket springs etc. Thanks

rrhf

tarrible when you cant rememer where you slept the night before.

Tyrones own

All you need is the memory foam mattress cover John, It's about $250.
I have one of them Sleep # beds with the memory foam on top of it, shocking hard
to get out of her in the mornings though ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ExiledGael

I went for the memory foam layer on top of the pocket springs and I would never go back. Only paid a few hundred so wouldn't go mad with big prices. Great nights sleep and you lie as still as a corpse all night. Sometimes I even wake up with a slightly sore shoulder, only because I've been lying on it for 10 hours straight.
Would reccommend that option

ziggysego

It's something I've been giving some serious consideration to lately.

You definately think it's worth it ExiledGael?
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

Got one myself at the start of the year was about £800 pocket springs with foam. Its is one hell of a bed. Very comfortable. The only thing I would say is that it can get very warm. Had to change to a lighter quilt as most nights a would wake up and the sweat runnin of me. and thats in a room that would freeze the balls of a brass monkey.

ExiledGael

Really worth it Ziggy, though I suppose I never really had any bother sleeping. I do a lot of travelling and spending time in different cities. Nothing like getting home to that bed. Never slept as well as I do on it.
I didn't pay quite as much as Hereiam, just under £500, and that was kingsize. I'll not be getting an ordinary mattress again anyway.

TYP, think that's the job of the pocket springs. Seller should warn you that you'll need the mattress supported entirely underneath for pocket sprung mattresses ie. that slatted beds do not suit as eventually the individual pocket springs will fall/dip. I had that type of bed but a few panels of wood sorted that problem.

Puckoon

You can just buy the foam top to put on the ordinary mattress - a poor (cheap) mans alternative to the temperpedic mattress. Thats what Ive got. Plus we stuck (Mr Puck) a couple of them genyouwine termperpedic pillows on the wedding registry (Mrs Puck wasnt too happy - she reckoned we needed more towels). Anyways, they smelt funny - like chemicals -  since the day we got them, so I stopped using them, but I dont hear either of the dogs complaining of sore necks. :-[

Main Street

Don't forget to buy a few of those contour shaped memory foam pillows as well.

john mcgill

Hereiam and Exiled Gael, where did you buy your beds?  I'm after a superking (told the salesperson in one shop that the wife and I weren't getting on!) and the pocketspring memory foam was £1900.