Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: NAG1 on November 06, 2012, 09:02:51 AM
He was obviously going to be a player otherwise he wouldnt have made it so far through the academy. Thing is his development at 19 would be more suited to playing in Italy anyway, where he can get more game time, more rest between games and less physical contact than the EPL.

United fans should look at it more in the sense that it shows that the scouting system is working as is the Academy system. The club are not going to be able to hang on to every young prospect in these times of the Bosman ruling, so just have to learn to accept it. Would be more difficult to swallow if he had joined a rival team in the EPL, good luck to him otherwise.
[/quote

I'd agree with all that.

ballinaman

Sneak peak of the Alex Ferguson statue to be unveiled at Old Trafford before QPR home game on Nov 24th. About time too.

EC Unique

ballinaman

I'm heading over for the QPR match. Must set the watch to Fergie time when I land on the Saturday morning!

magpie seanie

Speaking of "Fergie time" did anyone notice the outcry about goals being scored in United's last 2 fixtures after the alloted added time was up? No, me neither!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 06, 2012, 06:09:09 PM
Speaking of "Fergie time" did anyone notice the outcry about goals being scored in United's last 2 fixtures after the alloted added time was up? No, me neither!

In the Chelsea League Cup game? I think you're wrong. IIRC the ref signalled minimum 3 minutes of injury time and Chelsea's penalty was awarded before the 3 minutes was up (Never mind the minimum of 3). As you know the ref is meant to stop his watch at the award of a penalty- one of only a few times where the ref is meant to actually stop his watch I believe.

The penalty was scored on 93.55. So it was inside the time as per the 'minimum of 3 minutes', and up to 4 minutes AND also as per the ref stopping his watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPPIGiX9Ro

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

NT - You're at it again! I said "scored". For the record the pen was awarded a handful of seconds after the 3 minutes and I wasn't complaining. These things happen and usually even themselves out over a season and I understand the rules regarding time. I was merely making the point that there would/will be a massive outcry if United scored goals in a similar fashion. I'm sure you'll be on hand to explain things if United score a very late goal some time soon.

Laoislad - so its only goals scored after the expiration of added time that effect the result (by United) that are wrong? Good, glad we cleared that up.

EC Unique

ross4life

Weird game probably too much chopping and changing to produce a good display but it's results that matter the most. Into the next round with two games to spare, what a difference a year makes!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Van persie shows once again how important he is to utd.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2012, 08:26:15 AM
NT - You're at it again! I said "scored". For the record the pen was awarded a handful of seconds after the 3 minutes and I wasn't complaining. These things happen and usually even themselves out over a season and I understand the rules regarding time. I was merely making the point that there would/will be a massive outcry if United scored goals in a similar fashion. I'm sure you'll be on hand to explain things if United score a very late goal some time soon.

Laoislad - so its only goals scored after the expiration of added time that effect the result (by United) that are wrong? Good, glad we cleared that up.

No idea what you're getting at to be honest. You're making a point then arguing against it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gazzler

United back at their diving antics again last night I see.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Gazzler on November 08, 2012, 09:02:24 AM
United back at their diving antics again last night I see.

Same ol UTD always winning.

NAG1

The ignore button working well  ;)

Big turn around from last year in this group, has to be said opposition a lot weaker, but hopefully we have a better squad in general to put a run in on the league now, to keep the pressure up on a stumbling city.

EC Unique

What are people's thoughts on Utd this season.

I think up front we are in great shape. As expected RVP and Rooney are going well but now Hernandez has given Fergie something to think about and Welbeck chipping in with a few. Midfield is going OK with Cleverly getting better and Valancia always going well, Anderson is looking interested again too Problems at the back are starting to ease and Vidic will be back in December.

All in all I think we are in good shape to give both the PL and the CL a good rattle as long as injuries are kind to us.