Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

No reason why he couldn't. Giggs played into his 40s. Zlatan will be 40 in October and still going well with Milan.
He was 35 when he joined United and was brilliant before the injury.

Cunny Funt

Dan James sold to Leeds for €28m with add ons. Will some of that money go towards a much needed CDM before this transfer window closes?

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 07:26:40 PM
Dan James sold to Leeds for €28m with add ons. Will some of that money go towards a much needed CDM before this transfer window closes?

That's a serious fee for a bit part player who didn't make much of an impact at United.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 07:26:40 PM

Was he the fella bought from Swansea who was supposed to be a flier down the wings?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

How much was James bought for?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2021, 09:11:29 PM

19 I think. Funny thing is he has played this year, maybe that helps with the sale, valuation etc. Useless though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Helix.

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 30, 2021, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2021, 09:11:29 PM

19 I think. Funny thing is he has played this year, maybe that helps with the sale, valuation etc. Useless though.
More power to him. Just didn't work out. A Welsh Traore; plenty of speed but no end product when it boils down to it.

rrhf

Ever seen the film Moneyball. Leeds manager will get the best out of him..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 03:38:39 PM

It's a good deal for both clubs and for the player who should get more regular starts now. The price United got is showing the influence of John Murtough, then again anyone would be better than Woodward on transfers.

These Leeds fans left a little embarrassed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectFootbalI/status/1432405532221059078

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2021, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 03:38:39 PM

It's a good deal for both clubs and for the player who should get more regular starts now. The price United got is showing the influence of John Murtough, then again anyone would be better than Woodward on transfers.

These Leeds fans left a little embarrassed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectFootbalI/status/1432405532221059078
Probably as embarrassed as the Man United fans burning Ronaldo jerseys last week.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Best of luck to young Daniel, always came across as a decent lad. I'd have kept him rather than 3/4 others but I guess some cash has to be clawed back.

Decent window, a couple of holes in squad still need plugged though.

Armagh18

Probably arguably the best team in the league on paper bar cm. The attacking threat (on paper) is something else.

Armamike

Hmmm. I can understand the optimism around the new signings, but that's stretching things a bit.  And you still have Ole at the wheel. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

JoG2

Quote from: Armamike on September 01, 2021, 12:45:03 PM
Hmmm. I can understand the optimism around the new signings, but that's stretching things a bit.  And you still have Ole at the wheel.

The On Paper Award ceremony at the end of the season should be good

Jayop

The squad is really excellent apart from that one glaring weakness and that weakness is going to cost us a lot of games because it's such an important position.

We've 2 very good GKs. I think our back four is as stronger or stronger than anyone bar maybe City. Our attacking options are fantastic really, among the best in Europe.

The real problem now is trying to get the best players on the pitch together. Fred, McTominey and Matic, none are good enough to do that job alone so you have to waste a position playing two of them in any game of note. Even at the weekend against a mid table team we played only one and were exposed time and time again.

That leaves only 4 spots for Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Cavani and Martial.

7/8 players of real game changing brilliance and we can only play 4 realistically in each game unless we went pure crazy and played 3 at the back with Greenwood and Sancho as wing backs but that wouldn't work.

One thing is for sure, we're going to have incredible options off the bench if only 4 of those can start.

Our strongest eleven right now is probably...

--------------DeGea
AWB - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
-----McTominey - VanDeBeek*
Sancho -----Bruno--------Pogba
-------------Ronaldo

Greenwood, Rashford and Cavani really all interchangeable in that front 4.

*Ok Donny's not going to play there and it'll be Fred but this is my team...