The next 10 all Irelands

Started by seafoid, September 19, 2021, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Hound on September 23, 2021, 11:30:21 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 10:49:16 AM

The lowest common denominator absurdity is to compare the Connacht Hurling Final, a match which has taken place on six occasions over the last century, all in the 1990s, with the Munster Hurling Final, one of the biggest occasions in the hurling year ever since the game started being played on an organised basis.

Yep good man, that's exactly what I did  ;D ;D ;D ;D
As far as I can see it is. If not, explain what your point is?

The Connacht hurling final was played for six years in the 1990s between Galway and Roscommon, with Galway always winning by as much they wanted, each year in front of two men and a dog.

The most noteworthy thing to occur in one of these Connacht hurling finals was Joe Rabbitte nearly getting killed when a Roscommon player blindsided him with a full force strike of a hurley to the head.

Dire Ear

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 23, 2021, 11:30:21 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 10:49:16 AM

The lowest common denominator absurdity is to compare the Connacht Hurling Final, a match which has taken place on six occasions over the last century, all in the 1990s, with the Munster Hurling Final, one of the biggest occasions in the hurling year ever since the game started being played on an organised basis.

Yep good man, that's exactly what I did  ;D ;D ;D ;D
As far as I can see it is. If not, explain what your point is?

The Connacht hurling final was played for six years in the 1990s between Galway and Roscommon, with Galway always winning by as much they wanted, each year in front of two men and a dog.

The most noteworthy thing to occur in one of these Connacht hurling finals was Joe Rabbitte nearly getting killed when a Roscommon player blindsided him with a full force strike of a hurley to the head.

I remember that. Think yer man lost the head and hit Rabbitte on the back of the head with the hurl, knocking him out. Could have killed him

Solo_run

Quote from: JoG2 on September 22, 2021, 05:56:06 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on September 22, 2021, 05:35:30 PM
Tyrone 3
Dublin 3
Kerry 3
Derry 1

:o.. I gotta han it to you solo, good man

They are certainly not going backwards after a few years in free fall. They will over take Armagh in the next two years and I think we will see a competitive Tyrone and Derry rivalry.

Whishtup

Monaghan 1
Tyrone 2
Dublin 4
Kerry 2
Donegal 1

StephenC

I don't feel confident that Donegal will win another AI in the next 10 years, but I would be confident that were we to win one, we'd win at least another one. If we can figure out how to utilise the talent we have, and to make a break through to the top table, I think we'd hang around for a while and win a couple. But that break through is looking less and less likely unfortunately.

Armagh18

Mayo 2
Kerry 3
Dublin 2
Tyrone 2
Armagh 1 ;)

Dire Ear

TheGreatest

All saying Dublin will win 3 or 4, I don't think they will, if they don't win next year or year after, I foresee some years in the doldrums.

Offaly anyone in 5 -10 years?

pbat

If Derry could get Brown home from Australia and get one year were they dont kill each other and pull together could see them about 2024 or 2025 getting one.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

When will we know which nonsense championship format the  big chiefs will  adopt for next year?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 24, 2021, 12:44:50 PM
All saying Dublin will win 3 or 4, I don't think they will, if they don't win next year or year after, I foresee some years in the doldrums.

Offaly anyone in 5 -10 years
?

Based on them winning the U20 AI? The days of counties of Offaly size and resources even reaching a senior All-Ireland final is very rare nowadays. Also Offaly are working from a very low base, have been a Div 3 team for a number of years.

Rudi

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 24, 2021, 02:19:57 PM

Offaly anyone in 5 -10 years
?

Based on them winning the U20 AI? The days of counties of Offaly size and resources even reaching a senior All-Ireland final is very rare nowadays. Also Offaly are working from a very low base, have been a Div 3 team for a number of years.

More chance of getting a tar barrel into space powered by a kids water pistol.

RedHand88

Offaly anyone in 5 -10 years?

I'll have what you're having!  ;D ;D ;D