Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 24, 2021, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 24, 2021, 02:19:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 24, 2021, 02:17:41 PM
They weren't filthy in the noughties. Tbh they weren't that bad in the 90s either. They weren't good in the 70s and 80s mind you. While in a few cases they didn't cover themselves in glory this year I wouldn't say they were filthy either. They have a few boys in Cooper, McCarthy, Small and McMahon who are no angels but at what point is a team filthy? I would have said you require a lot more than that to be considered filthy.

The 2011-2020 team should in no way be considered filthy because they weren't.

When they were winning they weren't

But they disgraced themselves last Saturday when the writing was in the wall

They weren't winning that much in the 90s or the noughties. If you took Keith Barr and arguably Tommy Carr out in the 90s they weren't that bad at all. Noughties weren't that bad either.

I think the Mayo game is being over egged a bit. McCarthy lost the rag a bit and Small to be honest goes for big hits so has that in him. The main thing I would wonder about is why McMahon was sent in there and you look at what he was at when he went on but that aside a few boys lost the rag a wee bit and it wasn't that bad. The Small thing was nothing to do with defeat. They weren't beat at that stage.

You obviously forget Whelan's antics in the noughties. The dirtiest hallion in the game at that time. Disgraceful the things he got away with.

imtommygunn

Ah yes forgot him and maybe Johnny Magee. They weren't significantly dirty though even still.

gallsman

Whelan threw a few boxes in his time (was it Nigel Nestor he smacked before the throw in one time?) but I'd never have said he'd have been particularly filthy.

whitey

Quote from: gallsman on August 24, 2021, 07:11:37 PM
Whelan threw a few boxes in his time (was it Nigel Nestor he smacked before the throw in one time?) but I'd never have said he'd have been particularly filthy.

Took Mcgarrity out of the game in 06

Another straight red not given

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGVM0CUHWs

BennyCake

He busted Nestor's nose from the throw in. Not even sure he got yellow for it. Went after a Westmeath player and elbowed  him in the face in front of the referee. Karate kicked a Wexford player in the chest, finally earning a red card, after half a dozen assaults in the same game.

It wasn't what he did that was the most shocking , but what he actually got away with

Lar Naparka

Quote from: whitey on August 24, 2021, 07:13:57 PM

Took Mcgarrity out of the game in 06

Another straight red not given

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGVM0CUHWs
He wasn't too brave when David Brady came on and tweaked his lugs for him. Stayed out of his way for the rest of the game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hound

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 07, 2021, 11:04:37 AM
https://www.mayonews.ie/comment-opinion/de-facto/37273-mayo-dismantling-appalling-gaa-structures

I think whitey wrote this.
Thanks for that.

What a complete moron 'Liamy MacNally' is! 😂

Let's hope they win the final, otherwise I can only imagine the drivel he would direct at Tyrone....

larryin89

Quote from: Hound on September 07, 2021, 01:34:23 PM
https://www.mayonews.ie/comment-opinion/de-facto/37273-mayo-dismantling-appalling-gaa-structures

Thanks for that.

Let's hope they win the final, otherwise I can only imagine the drivel he would direct at Tyrone....

Why is he a moron ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on September 07, 2021, 01:37:37 PM

Thanks for that.

Why is he a moron ?
Did you not read his tripe?

"For too long everyone has accepted the thuggery that Dublin players mete out

The other sad development is the acceptance of dirty tactics as practiced by several GAA teams, including Dublin and Kerry
"

So Dublin and Kerry are the dirtbirds and Mayo are as white as the driven snow! There's no Mayo lads who ever hit off the ball, never go in with high challenges, Mayo are clean and pure.
Utter naïve garbage.

Says no sportsmanship about Dublin, but Lee Keegan "pulses Gaelic perfection"! Lee of course very sportingly threw his GPS monitor at Dean Rock when taking an important free and has never handled an opponent in his life.

Then the usual moronic tripe that Leitrim being bad is somehow Dubin's fault. A team with 2 Connacht titles in its history when Mayo and Galway are approaching 50 each. In a province with 5 counties, they've reached the Connacht final twice in 50 years. Staggering. But it's Dublin's fault that Leitirm cannot compete at all with Mayo and Galway!

Yep Liamy is a moron, to be sure.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Hound on September 07, 2021, 01:57:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 07, 2021, 01:37:37 PM

Thanks for that.

Why is he a moron ?
Did you not read his tripe?

"For too long everyone has accepted the thuggery that Dublin players mete out

The other sad development is the acceptance of dirty tactics as practiced by several GAA teams, including Dublin and Kerry
"

So Dublin and Kerry are the dirtbirds and Mayo are as white as the driven snow! There's no Mayo lads who ever hit off the ball, never go in with high challenges, Mayo are clean and pure.
Utter naïve garbage.

Says no sportsmanship about Dublin, but Lee Keegan "pulses Gaelic perfection"! Lee of course very sportingly threw his GPS monitor at Dean Rock when taking an important free and has never handled an opponent in his life.

Then the usual moronic tripe that Leitrim being bad is somehow Dubin's fault. A team with 2 Connacht titles in its history when Mayo and Galway are approaching 50 each. In a province with 5 counties, they've reached the Connacht final twice in 50 years. Staggering. But it's Dublin's fault that Leitirm cannot compete at all with Mayo and Galway!

Yep Liamy is a moron, to be sure.

To much logic for some people to understand.

TheGreatest

A drunken Facebook rant, that's all that is. Shows the true mindset of Mayo and Mayo people in general, always somebody else fault.

whitey

I have no problem with Dublin or how they play the game

I have a problem with the match officials not doing their jobs

Realistically the last day-he missed 4 red cards for Dublin and one for Mayo

(1 for McCarthy, 2 for John Small and one for Paddy Small. DOC could have gotten a red for a very high challenge near the end. Dublin yellow for the pull back was a yellow, but  a few years ago Keegan was given a lack for exactly the same foul)

rosnarun

Quote from: whitey on September 07, 2021, 02:30:57 PM

I have no problem with Dublin or how they play the game

I have a problem with the match officials not doing their jobs

Realistically the last day-he missed 4 red cards for Dublin and one for Mayo

(1 for McCarthy, 2 for John Small and one for Paddy Small. DOC could have gotten a red for a very high challenge near the end. Dublin yellow for the pull back was a yellow, but  a few years ago Keegan was given a lack for exactly the same foul)
rules have changed a bit since i thinki .  even if ht didnt get a clack for vring the man down he should definetly have got one for 3rd man tackle lis Basquel did.
another thing i notoiced  was there was a 3rd man tackle abour 15 to 20 yards behind the play if it was a free then surely it should have taken place where the ball was not ging the offending tack the advantage bu bring it out of scoring range?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

hoynevalley

Thanks for that.

I hate see what he write if they lost. Some lads never happy.