Man City V Chelsea 29th May European Cup Final

Started by macker15, May 04, 2021, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

interesting if it ends up city/chelsea as european clubs will say that unless some measure of ffp is brought in then this will become the norm.

screenexile

Quote from: naka on May 05, 2021, 11:48:20 AM
interesting if it ends up city/chelsea as european clubs will say that unless some measure of ffp is brought in then this will become the norm.

That's a weird post... it is the norm!

The only 2 that are not "super clubs" who have contested the Champions league in the last 17 years are Dortmund and Bayern who basically are Super Clubs!

Nobody is getting the CL Final anymore unless they have stacks of money and you can argue about whether that's from the club "generating their own money" or a rich sugar daddy in City's or Chelsea's case but the result is the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2021, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on May 05, 2021, 10:25:26 AM
Quote from: macker15 on May 04, 2021, 11:09:47 PM
Only a formality for Chelsea tomorrow night. Have they any chance against City in final.  IMHO Manchester City should win handy enough. This City is greatest English team of all time and after than Liverpool team of last couple years. Pep Guardiola greatest manager of all time.

In 13 years senior management Pep:
Took a Barca team with Xavi, Messi, Iniesta etc to 2 x CL wins
Took a dominant Bayern team to ...0 CL wins
Took a dominant City team to.....1 final (0 wins..yet)

In 5 years senior management (4 if you count a year out of the game) Zidane:
Took an average Real to 3 x CL wins

and I wouldn't claim ZZ is anywhere near the greatest manager of all time.

Modric, Ronaldo (the Christiano version), Benzema, Ramos, Varane in any team doesn't make them average.
They definitely weren't an average team and had the best champions league player of all time in Ronaldo. Still some achievement winning 3 in a row.

macker15

Real worse than PSG. I thought Hazard was playing tonight? Premier League showing it's the strongest league at the moment.

macker15

Stuck 20 pound on Chelsea and Manchester City to both qualify for final before second round knock out. A handy 350 earned.

macker15

Rumour John Terry will tog for Chelsea in the final..🤣🤣

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macker15

imtommygunn

To be fair to Chelsea they are going but real are woeful. One of the worst real teams I have ever seen.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 05, 2021, 09:46:10 PM
To be fair to Chelsea they are going but real are woeful. One of the worst real teams I have ever seen.

Benzema tried but other than that looked a tired, slow team bereft of any ideas.

Major rebuild needs to happen there.

Chelsea have a real chance against City in the final, no doubt.

Wonder will there be a bit of shadow boxing this weekend between the two?

imtommygunn

That's an interesting fixture.

You'd imagine Zidane would bite the dust for Real.

Pulisic made a big difference when he came on but tbf to Werner he wasn't bad when he was on.

Definitely an interesting final.

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 05, 2021, 09:46:10 PM

Highlights as well how poor Liverpool were in the previous round and indeed since Christmas.

Defense out of it's depth in the first leg. Forwards couldn't hit a barn door over both.

imtommygunn

Yeah liverpool just aren't at it this year at all. While madrid were poor chelsea are strong all over whereas liverpool are very suspect at the back and it impacts the whole show.

tiempo

City v Chelsea is the petrochemical super league final in all but name, pure pish, glad Madrid didn't make the final to add a bit of gravitas to the occasion. Surely the final moves to Wembley?