Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

No my life isn't that sad that I would trawl the interweb to try and disprove an anonymous poster's even more anonymous source.  When I see him next I'll ask him - he might be mortified or he might think what you have posted is bollocks, Ill ask.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:22:32 PM
No my life isn't that sad that I would trawl the interweb to try and disprove an anonymous poster's even more anonymous source.  When I see him next I'll ask him - he might be mortified or he might think what you have posted is bollocks, Ill ask.

Took me about 15 minutes.

Probably best for you and your friend that this remains anonymous.

blasmere

The source isn't anonymous
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

blasmere

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:31:09 PM
Do you know him?

I don't know anyone on here. The trials in those 2 links aren't anonymous.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 03:28:12 PM

Took you all day lets be fair, as I said next time I meet him I will tell him how he transfixed a few folk for a whole day to abandon their daily duties, if they have any, maybe you are on furlough from the civil service or some equally important role, and scour the interweb to trash his assertions - if nothing it will give him a laugh. Is it this one?  ;D

Seaney

Quote from: blasmere on November 11, 2020, 03:32:19 PM
Do you know him?

Seriously there should be an IQ test before one can join these boards!

blasmere

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:35:36 PM
Quote from: blasmere on November 11, 2020, 03:32:19 PM
Do you know him?

Seriously there should be an IQ test before one can join these boards!

You wouldn't have made it would you!!

How's puberty going?

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:34:53 PM

Took you all day lets be fair, as I said next time I meet him I will tell him how he transfixed a few folk for a whole day to abandon their daily duties, if they have any, maybe you are on furlough from the civil service or some equally important role, and scour the interweb to trash his assertions - if nothing it will give him a laugh. Is it this one?  ;D

I can see how someone of your ability would think it would take all day.

And this is an interesting sentiment coming from someone who has racked up almost 300 posts in less than a month.

Seaney

Interweb is amazing, you should know, googling all day, you know you can access it and continue to work.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:34:53 PM

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:42:27 PM
Interweb is amazing, you should know, googling all day, you know you can access it and continue to work.

Less than 10 minutes apart.   ;D ;D

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 03:02:30 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 02:10:46 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 01:41:29 PM

So not only are you unwilling to make an actual point, you are now denying the half story that you DID tell.

Redner indeed.

Seriously are you just very uneducated, point that post out please or do us all a favour and get back to your skielectrics.

You said your 'chemical engineer' had mentioned that "the 90% apparently has never been achieved in history".

You then clarified that you meant that a 90% efficiacy had never been achieved by any vaccine in clinical trials before.  (I think?)

So without even doing any research into whether or not this is true, (dublin7 seems to have covered this angle) I will ask you again... have you some sort of point to make about this, or were you just telling us a nice wee story about how you were talking to someone who tricked you into believing they were clever?

The vaccine is only at clinical trials, what else could he have been talking about - 43000 people have been given it, it is NOT live- I give up, I don't mean to be rude but you are as thick as shite.

I cant speak for Franko, but at this stage I'm very confused as you keep changing the facts as to what your chemical engineer told you. Now while I don't know you and don't know if this person exists or not I think it's clear from what I've found on the web and what Franko found on the web in a short time that his knowledge in the field of vaccines isn't very good.

If your using his opinion as a reason not to get a potential vaccine then I'd recommend you get a 2nd opinion from an actual expert in the field or talk to a medical professional if I was you

armaghniac

The Chemical Engineer is probably sitting in some draughty shed washing diesel and posting here passes the time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Chief

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 02:54:00 PM
Just to finally put this one to bed.

Did about 15 minutes research and found that plenty of vaccines that achieved over 90% efficiacy in the clinical trial phase.

Here are examples of 2 that you can give to your pal.  It might stop him from making a tool out of someone else.

It's too late for you unfortunately.

https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hep.1840010502
https://journals.lww.com/jhypertension/Abstract/2007/01000/A_vaccine_for_hypertension_based_on_virus_like.11.aspx

See Seaney, according to peer reviewed sources, not "according to a mate"

During clinical trials and everything.

Maybe you need to clarify this again. Ask your mate sure.

The temptation to leave a smiley face is so strong...