Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:15:01 AM
So why are you comparing the results of clinical trials for a new vaccine with something that has been around for 50 years?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of todays MMR vaccine with the clinical trials of the Covid vaccine.

Surely you are not suggesting the with unlimited cash, 50 years of scientific improvements, and the fact that they are different diseases/vaccines, the initial clinical trial results should be the same?

Seaney

Apologies I assumed most would know that the new vaccine was only in clinical trials as it's only the biggest story in the world. Ill add that bit as folk on here really just want to mock and think they are winning something rather than debate, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 09:56:41 PM
Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close. (In clinical trials)

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 08:49:43 AM
So why are you comparing the results of clinical trials for a new vaccine with something that has been around for 50 years?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of todays MMR vaccine with the clinical trials of the Covid vaccine.

Surely you are not suggesting the with unlimited cash, 50 years of scientific improvements, and the fact that they are different diseases/vaccines, the initial clinical trial results should be the same?

Where did I say that - please let me know - I never mentioned MMR it was you and someone else brought it up!

Seaney

And lets face it - it was brought up to ridicule - but looks like more than one taking a redner this morning.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:58:58 AM
And lets face it - it was brought up to ridicule - but looks like more than one taking a redner this morning.

You and who?

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 08:53:32 AM

Where did I say that - please let me know - I never mentioned MMR it was you and someone else brought it up!

What is your 'chemical engineer's' point then?

What is the relevance of this figure?

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 07:32:15 AM
Quote from: Chief on November 10, 2020, 11:17:05 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: Chief on November 10, 2020, 10:00:00 PM
Ah - "according to a mate..."

PhD in chemical engineering, former employee and currently at the coal face, what's your qualifications?

Still just a unnamed mate I'm afraid. Even if it is true - which I'm on the fence about - unless you name your source this anecdote is just a exactly that, a nice little open ended story

Chief the second, that make it better, you are an unnamed contributor as are all on here, next time anyone says anything unless they supply their full name dismiss the lot, that it?

Yeah we are all spoofers on here. Totally accepted.

Differences is I'm not spoofing about a PhD in chemical engineering, and spinning a story as science.

It's all on spectrum Seany

Seaney

I don't have said PhD, I really couldn't care what you believe kid.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 09:02:33 AM

I'll let you work it.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 09:01:18 AM

You and who?

I am fast concluding you are very young, either that or not the sharpest tool in the box.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 09:02:33 AM

I'll let you work it.

So nothing then.

I'm seeing a pattern here.  If you've no case to make, you'd be better saying nothing.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 10:36:35 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 09:01:18 AM

You and who?

I am fast concluding you are very young, either that or not the sharpest tool in the box.

;D

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 11, 2020, 10:40:53 AM

So nothing then.

I'm seeing a pattern here.  If you've no case to make, you'd be better saying nothing.

So nothing there, I am beginning to see a pattern!

Seaney

Ah the smiley face, was only a matter of time, must be a thing when you think you have made some amazing smart contribution to an anonymous discussion board with about 20 active members!

Franko