Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 05:43:38 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 02:22:45 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2020, 01:08:05 PM
I think  if the vaccine is safe, tested properly then I struggle to see the problem not taking it...

I'll not be front and center as I don't work in an environment that requires it, nor do I have underlying conditions that mean I need it quicker than others, I think It would be a year or more before it comes to me, by that time it will have been adjusted and changed, like the current flu vaccine is used.

Those that refuse to take it, its their choice. The odds of something happening to you after a vaccine has been tested and passed (not rushed, don't know who'll be passing a rushed untested drug on people and not be liable) are slimmer than actually catching the virus and having long lasting issues from that.

Franko do you think he is a coward?

No, why would I?

He's saying he'd take the vaccine at whatever point it's given to him?

Not hiding behind the sofa hoping enough other people get it so he can go back to normal.

Did you not read the title of the thread either, or can you not see from up there on your high horse, Angelo, I and Milhouse all said we wouldn't get it but you attack only two people.

Weak.

Not pathetic? You still haven't answered.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 05:46:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 12:11:46 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:53:19 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:48:36 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: Chief on November 05, 2020, 10:59:24 AM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 10:40:12 AM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 10:37:50 AM
Lots of risks in life, crossing the road is dangerous don't you think?  Driving with ejits on the road is dangerous don't you think?  Not wanting to administer a new vaccine into one's body without knowing the long term effects is one of the more cautious approaches, you not think so?

You do understand that by refusing the vaccine, you leave yourself open to contracting a disease...

...without knowing the long term effects??

I fail to see how you are being cautious by going down this route.

You do understand by taking a rushed through vaccine, you leave yourself open to potential adverse reactions in later life, you are taking something without knowing the long term effects?

Just the same as you are by catching the disease.

Except the disease isn't tested at all, isn't administered in a controlled way or environment, and it cripples normal life in a way the vaccine likely won't for most people.

You also can't sue or seek legal redress from the disease. If the vaccine is a bad one in terms of side effects, you can at least seek some legal satisfaction via the courts.

Literally a no brainier...

Not the same. You may never catch the virus, so you may not be open to potential long term effects.

If you take the vaccine, you are open to potential long term effects.

To achieve the magical 'herd immunity', it's assumed that 60-70% of people will need to be either vaccinated or have the disease.

Those people will have to bite the bullet in order for everyone to return to some sort of normality.

You freely admit that Covid is unlikely to cause serious short term problems for you.

Given this, to lump the responsibility for achieving this societal figure onto others is a very cowardly stance to take.

That's great but you're making a whole lot of assumptions there.

Covid is unlikely to cause serious health problems to me, I have not caught it yet, I practice all the guidelines such as hand hygiene, mask wearing, social distancing etc.

I'm taking steps to diminish the chance of me catching and spreading the virus. I don't want to put a rushed vaccine that could have serious consequences into my body.

Like I said.

Like I said.

I'm taking measures to avoid catching and spreading the virus. I'm not going to voluntarily administer my body with something that could cause serious long term damage.

If you wish to take that chance then be my guest but I'm not going to.

It's a personal choice, you do what you feel best and I'll do what I feel is best for my own health.

If you want to do it then that's your prerogative but your assertion that I'm a coward because I don't want to jeopardise my own health is just ridiculous.

I take all the necessary precautions in my daily life now, I wear a mask when in public, I wash my hands anytime I'm entering a premises or when I'm in shared spaces with people, I limit my contacts, I practice social distancing. I do my bit to ensure I don't get the virus and not spread it.

If your way of doing that is to put something that could have serious consequences into your body then that's your choice. The leading company in the manufacturing race have acknowledged the vaccine may not even work. It just seems a bit naive that people are so trusting of billion dollar companies. There is huge financial incentive in the vaccine market and of being first to market. I'd be very concerned about the vaccine.

There's a bigger financial incentive not to get it wrong.

That's debatable.

Plenty of big pharma have got it wrong in the past. They are willing to take risks to reap the rewards.

Fair enough.

The rest of us will have to do it so.

You won't be seeing Milhouse in the queue, he's waiting until at least 2022.

Milltown Row2

Christ I'm only getting it.... Milhouse - Milltown!! Comic genius, absolutely wasted on here lad.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2020, 08:50:24 PM
Christ I'm only getting it.... Milhouse - Milltown!! Comic genius, absolutely wasted on here lad.

Cheers son, facts and common sense wasted on you, oh but you are ok, to hell with the rest.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 05:43:38 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 02:22:45 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 01:17:20 PM
I think  if the vaccine is safe, tested properly then I struggle to see the problem not taking it...

I'll not be front and center as I don't work in an environment that requires it, nor do I have underlying conditions that mean I need it quicker than others, I think It would be a year or more before it comes to me, by that time it will have been adjusted and changed, like the current flu vaccine is used.

Those that refuse to take it, its their choice. The odds of something happening to you after a vaccine has been tested and passed (not rushed, don't know who'll be passing a rushed untested drug on people and not be liable) are slimmer than actually catching the virus and having long lasting issues from that.

Franko do you think he is a coward?

No, why would I?

He's saying he'd take the vaccine at whatever point it's given to him?

Not hiding behind the sofa hoping enough other people get it so he can go back to normal.

Did you not read the title of the thread either, or can you not see from up there on your high horse, Angelo, I and Milhouse all said we wouldn't get it but you attack only two people.

Weak.

Not pathetic? You still haven't answered.

Answered what?   :-\

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 09:31:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2020, 08:50:24 PM

Cheers son, facts and common sense wasted on you, oh but you are ok, to hell with the rest.

Lol. Not as much as a hint ;D ;D ;D

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 06, 2020, 08:28:27 AM

The title of the thread is Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021? - Your mate has said he is waiting until at least 2022, so his answer is no, my answer is no and others said no, but you berate those and not your mate - the question is the same - why is that?

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 06, 2020, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 06, 2020, 08:28:27 AM

The title of the thread is Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021? - Your mate has said he is waiting until at least 2022, so his answer is no, my answer is no and others said no, but you berate those and not your mate - the question is the same - why is that?

He said he was waiting due to circumstances not in his control, not his own choice?

Again, surely this was obvious?

Maybe I'm over estimating you?

Yeah I definitely am.

Seaney

He is hedging his bets, waiting for it to be adjusted and changed, he won't like you be front and centre, sleeve rolled up Christmas eve with family in tow waiting to save humanity, he answered the title of the thread with a definitive NO, is he a coward?

Franko

Tell you what.

Lets ask him.

MR2, if the vaccine happens to be offered to you in 2021, would you be happy to take it?

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on November 06, 2020, 12:24:18 PM

He is hedging his bets, waiting for it to be adjusted and changed, he won't like you be front and centre, sleeve rolled up Christmas eve with family in tow waiting to save humanity, he answered the title of the thread with a definitive NO, is he a coward?

Seany, much like Angelo in the Covid thread, you are making this thread unbloodyreadable.
The PHA will be rolling out the vaccine to select groups. Those not in the select groups won't have the option. That does not make them cow... Oh what's the point even replying  :-X

Rossfan

Seaney Angelo and Trump.
3 inhabitants of a weird Universe ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2020, 12:34:14 PM
Seaney Angelo and Trump.
3 inhabitants of a weird Universe ;D

I see you're avoiding the Fine Gael thread like the good little establishment shill you are.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL