Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:01:12 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 02:52:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:03:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 01:58:24 PM
Do all the people here who voted yes get their annual flu jab?

You only get the flu jab if you fall into a certain category I think

Anyone can get it but they some might get it for free whereas others pay. I'm open to correction on this.

Now, back to the questions. Those who voted yes and who seem to pushing their views that others should be getting a Covid vaccine when (more likely if) it comes on stream, do you get your annual flu jab?

Yes or no.

Yes. I got it few weeks ago. I got the quadrivalent version because I'm under 65. I encourage everyone who's eligible to do the same.

That's fair enough. You are consistent in your position.

But are others?

Milltown is being extremely evasive here. I wonder why that is? He wants to lecture to others about getting a Covid vaccine but doesn't see it as worthwhile doing his bit to stop spreading the flu.

Got the flu vaccine yeah. Get it every year even though I'm not in a vulnerable category.

I got it even though it's significantly less contagious than Covid, and is much less likely to overrun the health system than Covid.

All of which makes the argument for getting a Covid vaccine all the stronger

Fair enough, you are consistent.

But all talk that Covid is worse than flu is speculative.

We don't test for flu. Covid is a novel virus.

See this is where you prove that debate is not what you are looking for.  You just enjoy the process of arguing.

You posted data yourself which proved that covid had killed twice as many people in 10 months (while severe restrictions were in place) as the flu did in a year.

Yet a couple of days later you say the above.

There's no point in debating or reasoning in a genuine way with someone who behaves like this.

Angelo

Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:10:49 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 02:05:34 PM
Don't hold your breath for an answer.

None of those zealots have had the courage to answer me a question about when Covid becomes an acceptable risk to society like we accept seasonal flu?

It seems it doesn't matter if you die from flu. Tough luck seems to be their outlook. They are too thick to see the woods from the trees.

When

1) Covid becomes as broadly seasonal as the flu,
2) When it's contagious-ness is reduced to a level similar to flu,
3) When the death rates and hospitalisation rates are similar to flu, and
4) When we have a vaccine like we do for the flu?

Clear enough?

Very vague and subjective there

We don't test for flu.

Can you quantify the death rates and hospitalisation rates?

We also know that covid related deaths are overstated, that Covid is classified as the cause of death when nothing suggests it was, there have been a number of examples of this and this has been acknowledged by health authorities and governments.

If we had 400 flu deaths a year, does that mean 400 annual Covid deaths is then deemed acceptable?

We have ramifications of lockdowns, are all these ramifications of lockdowns and the consequences self[-defeating if the damage done is far worse than saving 150 lives from Covid?

These are the questions and discussions we should be having free from hysterics and misrepresentations.

A vaccine would reduce the need for lockdowns and all the collateral damage cause - a great reason to take a vaccine

Flu vaccines aren't mandatory, the uptake of them is limited, think it might be under 20% of the population.

There is no data that disproves or proves Covid is worse than flu, as much as some would like to mislead.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:56:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:31:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:26:59 PM

None of those zealots have had the courage to answer me a question about when Covid becomes an acceptable risk to society like we accept seasonal flu?

It seems it doesn't matter if you die from flu. Tough luck seems to be their outlook. They are too thick to see the woods from the trees.

I see the cowards still haven't got the balls to answer this one?

Why do they mouth off and run from a fairly basic question like that? Why do your contradictions frighten you?

When you stop talking and linking Covid to flu..

You didn't answer the question.

We accept viruses in our society that kill, leave long lasting heath problems and overwhelm the health service, at what point those Covid become as acceptable a risk as those we do very little to counter?

At what point? Or are you too coward to admit to everyone that you couldn't give a toss about those who die from flu?

Do you get the flu vaccine? Yes or no.

A lot of uncomfortable truths here for a guy who is attempting to pontificate to others.

I don't fall into the category of the list I put up so there are more important people requiring it than me

I give a toss about everyone's life..

Having vaccinations have saved more lives so its important that a safe vaccine that's approved will be available for all virus's and people at risk

Any other uncomfortable questions on Covid?  as thats the flu covered

Sorry, for not getting back sooner, work and all that  ;D

as for answering about the vaccine and taking it.. Like I said already, on the original vaccine thread I answered that, first page I think

Not sure if that's a yes or no?

You don't get the flu vaccine? Am I correct in saying that?

Maybe you should if you feel so strongly about protecting vulnerable people and saving lives rather than paying lip service to it?

The flu also kills, the flu also overwhelms the health service, the flu also causes long lasting health problems. Surely that matters something?

Why should I get it if I don't fall into those areas I've explained? I've had the flu once, no lasting health problems since it..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 03:24:33 PM

See this is where you prove that debate is not what you are looking for.  You just enjoy the process of arguing.

You posted data yourself which proved that covid had killed twice as many people in 10 months (while severe restrictions were in place) as the flu did in a year.

There's no point in debating or reasoning in a genuine way with someone who behaves like this.

I have not.

I corrected you when you were assertively making claims that simply cannot be verified.

We simply do not know if Covid is worse than flu. It is impossible to say but it has not stopped a blowhard like you assertively saying otherwise.

We do not test for flu, we have countless examples of Covid deaths being overstated.

We had the WHO come out last month estimating 10% of the world has contracted Covid which would at that point have given us a fatality rate of  0.13% - possibly less due to the no of Covid deaths we overstate.

The WHO speculates that flu causes 250,000 - 500,000 deaths every year, that flu has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

Flu is seasonal, the first wave of Covid deaths seem to have been outliers with health services caught on the top and another number of mitigating reasons, since then we can see that death rates have fallen in double digit multiples.

These are important things we should discuss objectively without certain people like yourself, making completely unverified claims that cannot be known and attempting to bully, ridicule and insult those who have a differing viewpoint.

You can be mature about this or you can continue to act like a child when you don't like a grounded debate that pokes holes in some of your blinkered thinking.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:56:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:31:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:26:59 PM

I see the cowards still haven't got the balls to answer this one?

Why do they mouth off and run from a fairly basic question like that? Why do your contradictions frighten you?

When you stop talking and linking Covid to flu..

You didn't answer the question.

We accept viruses in our society that kill, leave long lasting heath problems and overwhelm the health service, at what point those Covid become as acceptable a risk as those we do very little to counter?

At what point? Or are you too coward to admit to everyone that you couldn't give a toss about those who die from flu?

Do you get the flu vaccine? Yes or no.

A lot of uncomfortable truths here for a guy who is attempting to pontificate to others.

I don't fall into the category of the list I put up so there are more important people requiring it than me

I give a toss about everyone's life..

Having vaccinations have saved more lives so its important that a safe vaccine that's approved will be available for all virus's and people at risk

Any other uncomfortable questions on Covid?  as thats the flu covered

Sorry, for not getting back sooner, work and all that  ;D

as for answering about the vaccine and taking it.. Like I said already, on the original vaccine thread I answered that, first page I think

Not sure if that's a yes or no?

You don't get the flu vaccine? Am I correct in saying that?

Maybe you should if you feel so strongly about protecting vulnerable people and saving lives rather than paying lip service to it?

The flu also kills, the flu also overwhelms the health service, the flu also causes long lasting health problems. Surely that matters something?

Why should I get it if I don't fall into those areas I've explained? I've had the flu once, no lasting health problems since it..

So presumably you would have no issue with anyone opting against getting a Covid vaccine?

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:35:45 PM

I have not.

I corrected you when you were assertively making claims that simply cannot be verified.

We simply do not know if Covid is worse than flu. It is impossible to say but it has not stopped a blowhard like you assertively saying otherwise.

We do not test for flu, we have countless examples of Covid deaths being overstated.

We had the WHO come out last month estimating 10% of the world has contracted Covid which would at that point have given us a fatality rate of  0.13% - possibly less due to the no of Covid deaths we overstate.

The WHO speculates that flu causes 250,000 - 500,000 deaths every year, that flu has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

Flu is seasonal, the first wave of Covid deaths seem to have been outliers with health services caught on the top and another number of mitigating reasons, since then we can see that death rates have fallen in double digit multiples.

These are important things we should discuss objectively without certain people like yourself, making completely unverified claims that cannot be known and attempting to bully, ridicule and insult those who have a differing viewpoint.

You can be mature about this or you can continue to act like a child when you don't like a grounded debate that pokes holes in some of your blinkered thinking.

And, like clockwork, you go and prove me right.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 03:43:06 PM

I have not.

The opportunity was there and my words have been proven prophetic.

There was plenty there you could have tried to discuss like an adult but that sort of maturity is above you.

Your main contributions are to assertively claim something that is impossible to conclude and when challenged on that you behave like a child.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 03:43:06 PM

I have not.

The opportunity was there and my words have been proven prophetic.

There was plenty there you could have tried to discuss like an adult but that sort of maturity is above you.

Your main contributions are to assertively claim something that is impossible to conclude and when challenged on that you behave like a child.

And again.

sid waddell

I love when Angelo calls somebody else a blowhard

It's like when Trump accuses somebody else of being a liar

It's very funny, totally unintentionally so of course

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:26:57 PM

When

Clear enough?

We don't test for flu.

We also know that covid related deaths are overstated, that Covid is classified as the cause of death when nothing suggests it was, there have been a number of examples of this and this has been acknowledged by health authorities and governments.

If we had 400 flu deaths a year, does that mean 400 annual Covid deaths is then deemed acceptable?

We have ramifications of lockdowns, are all these ramifications of lockdowns and the consequences self[-defeating if the damage done is far worse than saving 150 lives from Covid?

These are the questions and discussions we should be having free from hysterics and misrepresentations.

A vaccine would reduce the need for lockdowns and all the collateral damage cause - a great reason to take a vaccine

Flu vaccines aren't mandatory, the uptake of them is limited, think it might be under 20% of the population.

There is no data that disproves or proves Covid is worse than flu, as much as some would like to mislead.

No data apart from the data that shows that Covid is about 5 times more lethal than flu.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-vs-flu-deaths-hospitalized-patients.html

Chief

Quote from: lenny on October 23, 2020, 03:57:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:26:57 PM

When

Clear enough?

We don't test for flu.

No data apart from the data that shows that Covid is about 5 times more lethal than flu.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-vs-flu-deaths-hospitalized-patients.html

So to close the circle here Angelo, and to answer your question (again) when Covid is about 5 times less deadly we can treat it as an "acceptable" risk to society.

In the interim we should get vaccines when they are ready so we can avoid the virus, and/or lockdowns and all the collateral damage that goes with them.

macdanger2

I get it every year, I don't have asthma or any underlying conditions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 23, 2020, 04:30:56 PM

I get it every year, I don't have asthma or any underlying conditions.

Why?
And I'm not saying it's a bad thing or wrong, the text I put up came  from the NHS website.

mate of mine got it last week and I asked her why and she said I dunno was offered it at work.  She  works in hospital.

I'd a patient in the other day, aged  78, underlying conditions and has been waiting on getting the jab 4 weeks they told him there's a shortage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 03:56:29 PM
I love when Angelo calls somebody else a blowhard

It's like when Trump accuses somebody else of being a liar

It's very funny, totally unintentionally so of course

You have a mental illness where you have to bring everything back to American politics and left wing/right wing nonsense nobody cares about.

Yawn.

Milltown Row2