Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 09:34:01 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 09:21:06 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 08:53:26 AM
And therein lies the conundrum, so what totally berate folk who are trying to weigh up the options and make an informed choice with the information available, or do you just like name calling?

If it really is a 50:50 shot, why not pick the option that has the potential to save lives, over the one which has been proven worldwide over the past 10 months to aid the spread of a disease which kills people?

Alternatively you could look at it as why not resist the option which may impact the health of oneself and ones family in years to come, whilst continuing to practice the fundamental rules of washing hands often and for 30 seconds, wear masks in indoor settings and practice social distancing?  From what I gather they are going to give the vaccine to the vulnerable first, so if these have current underlying health conditions or are near their end of life, if they get the vaccine and die within 28 days have they died from the vaccine?

You ignored the question.

The masks and social distancing is working well at the minute across the world.

They will have died from whatever it is that killed them.

I give an alternative, if you are tested positive for covid and get hit but a bus 28 days later you are a registered covid death.

And if you have been tested for covid and not positive, then hit by a bus you'll be registered as being, very unlucky.

Crazy alternatives, can we have some more alternatives?  What if I had COPD and caught covid, and died, which would have killed me?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

And therein lies the conundrum, so what totally berate folk who are trying to weigh up the options and make an informed choice with the information available, or do you just like name calling?

If it really is a 50:50 shot, why not pick the option that has the potential to save lives, over the one which has been proven worldwide over the past 10 months to aid the spread of a disease which kills people?

Alternatively you could look at it as why not resist the option which may impact the health of oneself and ones family in years to come, whilst continuing to practice the fundamental rules of washing hands often and for 30 seconds, wear masks in indoor settings and practice social distancing?  From what I gather they are going to give the vaccine to the vulnerable first, so if these have current underlying health conditions or are near their end of life, if they get the vaccine and die within 28 days have they died from the vaccine?

I give an alternative, if you are tested positive for covid and get hit but a bus 28 days later you are a registered covid death.

;D ;D
Who knew?  I am deeply shocked that this is what you come back with.  You were definitely playing some 4D chess when you were teeing that one up. 

28 days?  Hit by a bus?  I just never saw it coming (pardon the pun).

Anyway.  Fun over.

I don't agree at all with that policy.  I don't know why they do it (mortuary staff shortages?).

It's just one of a great many mistakes that this Gov't seem to be making on a daily basis around the handling of this disease.

So if you are looking for some sort of a defence of that, you may look elsewhere.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 09:39:33 AM

And if you have been tested for covid and not positive, then hit by a bus you'll be registered as being, very unlucky.

Crazy alternatives, can we have some more alternatives?  What if I had COPD and caught covid, and died, which would have killed me?

I don't register the deaths, you would to speak to someone in power, my point is the death toll from covid is completely skewed, but like others here don't you let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 09:43:06 AM

So if you are looking for some sort of a defence of that, you may look elsewhere.

I am not looking for anything, certainly not for the queue for the vaccine.

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: Chief on October 22, 2020, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 07:32:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 22, 2020, 07:22:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 22, 2020, 07:18:07 PM
For a vaccine to be effective at stopping community transmission , it'll have to be taken by the majority of the population , no ?

I'm alright though Jack, I'm not in an at-risk demographic

Maybe do some research on vaccines in our history and some of the long term health problems they can be attributed to.

I'll take my chances without it. If I catch the virus I will look after myself and following the quarantine procedures.

Do you get the flu vaccine annually?

Question - if your going to "take your chances", will you refuse hospital treatment if things get serious?

Why would one, I have contributed all my life to the NHS through my taxes, why would one refuse hospital treatment, what a ridiculous statement.

Well because that position exposes an inherent hypocrisy in antivax campaigners. They know better, and actively undermine, the health experts up and until they actually get sick, at which point they slavishly throw themselves before the system they claim was spreading falsehoods to begin with, with no regards to those who listened to them up to the end and died as a result.

I don't deny that it is your right to be a hypocrite in the above manner, but get ready to have people call you out, mock you and condemn your quackery when you do.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

thebigfella

Most of the antivax brigade will be fine with homeopathic remedies

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: thebigfella on October 23, 2020, 10:06:37 AM

or just hope their immune systems can withstand the virus

RedHand88

Or mega dosing with vitamin C.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 09:46:09 AM

So it would seem.

Better to let the rest of us get it - then you can take your mask off and stop washing your hands.

Informed.  ::)

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2020, 10:12:07 AM

And that they don't infect 10 others while waiting to find out.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 10:15:01 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 23, 2020, 10:12:07 AM

And that they don't infect 10 others while waiting to find out.

If the Covid Vaccine uptake is high, this should not present major problems.
We don't all get the flu vaccine, we have a robust and normally widely available flu vaccine, it doesn't prevent spread but it ensures that we have a manageable problem.

Seaney

Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 09:56:55 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: Chief on October 22, 2020, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 07:32:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 22, 2020, 07:22:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 22, 2020, 07:18:07 PM
For a vaccine to be effective at stopping community transmission , it'll have to be taken by the majority of the population , no ?

I'm alright though Jack, I'm not in an at-risk demographic

Maybe do some research on vaccines in our history and some of the long term health problems they can be attributed to.

I'll take my chances without it. If I catch the virus I will look after myself and following the quarantine procedures.

Do you get the flu vaccine annually?

Question - if your going to "take your chances", will you refuse hospital treatment if things get serious?

Why would one, I have contributed all my life to the NHS through my taxes, why would one refuse hospital treatment, what a ridiculous statement.

Well because that position exposes an inherent hypocrisy in antivax campaigners. They know better, and actively undermine, the health experts up and until they actually get sick, at which point they slavishly throw themselves before the system they claim was spreading falsehoods to begin with, with no regards to those who listened to them up to the end and died as a result.

I don't deny that it is your right to be a hypocrite in the above manner, but get ready to have people call you out, mock you and condemn your quackery when you do.

So you don't smoke, drink, aren't overweight, exercise loads - these are all health experts tips to stay healthy, yet those who do when they become sick slavishly throw themselves before the system - what was the word - ah yeah hypocrite!

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 10:13:57 AM

So it would seem.

Better to let the rest of us get it - then you can take your mask off and stop washing your hands.

If you are happy enough to get it - you knock yourself out son.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 23, 2020, 10:13:57 AM

So it would seem.

If you are happy enough to get it - you knock yourself out son.

Yep.  Informed.