China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2021, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2021, 10:13:32 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2021, 09:47:35 AM
The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?
I was in Sligo at the weekend and it was a shock to the system covid wise, asked for vaccine certificate everywhere and just that feeling of strictness, the North is a joke, you might get asked for a name & phone number at a pub door from my experience.

The covid pass is nonsense.

You could have 100 people in a pub, and they'll all be let in with their passes, no questions asked. Any number of them could have covid. Now, you might say the vaccine reduces transmission/severity, but that's still potentially 100 people coming out of that pub with the virus.

Correct Benny.

And they could then come into a high risk contraindication and infect them.

themac_23

Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2021, 11:45:57 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on October 20, 2021, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 09:24:39 AM
Was listening to 5 live on the way into work, the vast majority of those with Covid in hospital are not vaccinated, that came from the head of the medical doctors federation, he also said that we will need to have the booster to help with this winter as people's immunes will be less due to the last time they had the second jab..

Now, I'd take the information from him over the crackpots on facebook in fairness, I know, call me crazy...

Who knows what's going to happen this winter, it won't be pretty that's for sure, but if several million of people in the UK haven't taken a vaccine how will it ever work?

Are we going down to the point of acceptable death, with hospitals over run with more 'acceptable' deaths from other issues because we have no staff to run it or beds to put people in?

The vaccine roll out really should have been what drove us back towards normality(it has been) but the number of people still not taking the vaccine is a pain, so selfish.

As crude as it sounds, we do have to have a number of acceptable deaths. Every other part of our life has an acceptable number of deaths. We have to live with Covid just like we live with many other diseases. We cannot go back to locking people down. Personally I'd like to see the government turn the screw more and make more things undoable without vaccine passport, there's people who can't take the vaccine we should be giving them a similar exemption pass but everyone else get the jab and get on with life

Pointing the finger at the unvaccinated is a deliberate distraction from the fact that the vaccine clearly isn't working, and isn't stopping the rise in infection rates.

How can you say the vaccine clearly isn't working? It isn't about stopping the rise in infections, it's about cutting it down and if you do catch Covid that the effects aren't as severe, the vaccine most certainly is doing them things.  By getting vaccinated it reduces your chances of ending up in hospital, it's not going to completely stop you getting ill but will make it less severe.

Hectic

Was listening to 5 live on the way into work, the vast majority of those with Covid in hospital are not vaccinated, that came from the head of the medical doctors federation, he also said that we will need to have the booster to help with this winter as people's immunes will be less due to the last time they had the second jab..

Now, I'd take the information from him over the crackpots on facebook in fairness, I know, call me crazy...

Who knows what's going to happen this winter, it won't be pretty that's for sure, but if several million of people in the UK haven't taken a vaccine how will it ever work?

Are we going down to the point of acceptable death, with hospitals over run with more 'acceptable' deaths from other issues because we have no staff to run it or beds to put people in?

The vaccine roll out really should have been what drove us back towards normality(it has been) but the number of people still not taking the vaccine is a pain, so selfish.

As crude as it sounds, we do have to have a number of acceptable deaths. Every other part of our life has an acceptable number of deaths. We have to live with Covid just like we live with many other diseases. We cannot go back to locking people down. Personally I'd like to see the government turn the screw more and make more things undoable without vaccine passport, there's people who can't take the vaccine we should be giving them a similar exemption pass but everyone else get the jab and get on with life

Pointing the finger at the unvaccinated is a deliberate distraction from the fact that the vaccine clearly isn't working, and isn't stopping the rise in infection rates.

Again correct.

And I would go further and suggest that it also shows the failure to properly inform people of their risk.

And in my opinion a big part of the reason risk profile has not been properly addressed is because they wanted everyone to feel at risk to try and control spread.  With this opinion I do not doubt that it was well meant but the problem with it now is that people have got their own ideas of risk profile.  And that is in the main age whereas in reality age is a major factor but so is level of health and in particular level of obesity.

imtommygunn

What would you see as success for the vaccine? Is eradication the only thing that would be a success for you?

Louther

Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2021, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2021, 10:13:32 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2021, 09:47:35 AM
The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?
I was in Sligo at the weekend and it was a shock to the system covid wise, asked for vaccine certificate everywhere and just that feeling of strictness, the North is a joke, you might get asked for a name & phone number at a pub door from my experience.

The covid pass is nonsense.

You could have 100 people in a pub, and they'll all be let in with their passes, no questions asked. Any number of them could have covid. Now, you might say the vaccine reduces transmission/severity, but that's still potentially 100 people coming out of that pub with the virus.

This is what you dealing with.

The 100 people have the protection in place. If someone comes in without the vaccine and makes it 101 people in there it is them that is at high risk in a confined space where it likes to transmit if they then catch it they are at greater risk of illness that will require hospitalisation.

The pass is to protect them and protect the health service, even if they can't be arsed protecting themselves.

Saffrongael

Some people just don't get it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 11:19:37 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 20, 2021, 11:13:42 AM
I've no way of proving it but I'd imagine a lot of people over 60 who are in hospital with covid could well have ended up there anyway given the age profile. If you look at the under 60's, 2,411 out of 3,840 in hospital are unvaccinated (63%).

Again not disputing but still false to say vast majority in hospital are unvaccinated.

The person that said it would have better knowledge than you , he also said that we are at the end of the first vaccine's best use, as in the effects of that are starting to diminish, thus the requirement of the booster is important, along with protection against the flu the flu jab has been rolled out pretty quick round my way

Lol. Ok.

Sure throw up those stats you keep getting wrong, they are great lol moments
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Romania

Population 19.29 million
Vaccinated: 29.5%

Covid cases yesterday: 18,863
Covid deaths yesterday: 561 (five hundred and sixty-one)

Get vaccinated.

JoG2

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 20, 2021, 11:58:43 AM
Some people just don't get it

Maybe it's a case that the 'some' do get it, the vast majority of the rest of us need to wake up, stay away from the poison, discard the face masks and let her rip

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 12:01:02 PM
I've no way of proving it but I'd imagine a lot of people over 60 who are in hospital with covid could well have ended up there anyway given the age profile. If you look at the under 60's, 2,411 out of 3,840 in hospital are unvaccinated (63%).

Again not disputing but still false to say vast majority in hospital are unvaccinated.

The person that said it would have better knowledge than you , he also said that we are at the end of the first vaccine's best use, as in the effects of that are starting to diminish, thus the requirement of the booster is important, along with protection against the flu the flu jab has been rolled out pretty quick round my way

Lol. Ok.

Yes the initial figures were incorrect and have been updated.

But are we conveniently forgetting that the sentiment of the post was correct as the updated figures show.

That is your statement about 'vast majority' of hospitalisations being unvaccinated is at odds with official government data.

At least I can correct my data error and still arrive at the same conclusion.

But sure you stick to the guy on the radio who knows more than me but is at odds with official government data 👍

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 12:01:02 PM

Lol. Ok.

Yes the initial figures were incorrect and have been updated.

But are we conveniently forgetting that the sentiment of the post was correct as the updated figures show.

That is your statement about 'vast majority' of hospitalisations being unvaccinated is at odds with official government data.

At least I can correct my data error and still arrive at the same conclusion.

But sure you stick to the guy on the radio who knows more than me but is at odds with official government data 👍

Maybe you didn't read  the bit (again not surprising) that the guy on the radio was the head of the medical federation UK. That's a government body I'm sure.. That statement was not mine either, you are not reading things again, go have a lie down and rest your head
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

What he said (what you claim he said) is widely at odds with the most recently available official government data.

Of course there is a lag in data getting published so subsequent publications might show the vast majority are indeed unvaccinated but we can wait for that and revisit in a few weeks.  It will take a hell of a shift all the same.

Did you catch a name by the way?  I am not finding much by way of reference to 'the Medical Federation UK' let alone who it's head is.

Or even what time he was on as I am genuinely interested to hear what he said so can grab off the catch up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:16:19 PM
What he said (what you claim he said) is widely at odds with the most recently available official government data.

Of course there is a lag in data getting published so subsequent publications might show the vast majority are indeed unvaccinated but we can wait for that and revisit in a few weeks.  It will take a hell of a shift all the same.

Did you catch a name by the way?  I am not finding much by way of reference to 'the Medical Federation UK' let alone who it's head is.

Or even what time he was on as I am genuinely interested to hear what he said so can grab off the catch up.

Taylor, I think and was on radio 5 live at about 8.45am today, I'm sure that is on catch up, just after he finished someone came on and told the BBC to be fairer in their news covering and stop going along the government line sort of thing...

sid waddell

Any chance you could explain what's happening in Romania, buddy? Here are their figures for you again.

Population 19.29 million
Vaccinated: 29.5%

Covid cases yesterday: 18,863
Covid deaths yesterday: 561 (five hundred and sixty-one)

Would you agree that these figures, when compared against the currently miniscule death figures in widely vaccinated countries like Ireland are a very clear demonstration of the benefits of vaccines and the dangers of widespread non-vaccination?

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 02:31:22 PM

Taylor, I think and was on radio 5 live at about 8.45am today, I'm sure that is on catch up, just after he finished someone came on and told the BBC to be fairer in their news covering and stop going along the government line sort of thing...

Thanks.