China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Hectic on October 19, 2021, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2021, 03:10:41 AM
https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1254185/

Speaking on RTÉ's This Week, Mr Reid also said 40% of people in hospital with Covid are below the age of 65 and of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

I wonder how many are obese, have alcohol/liver issues and other underlying issues both self inflicted and as a result of poor luck.

As I said before these are the people who have been failed by advice, or rather lack of, about risk profiles.

Perhaps if they were better informed they would have made different choices.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.axios.com/bmi-obesity-severe-risk-factors-covid-19-cdc-063fb142-234c-4654-98b1-de357fb8df87.html

And to think we have people shouting for vaccination of children to protect adults.  Aside from being completely counter intuitive for humans to use children as a shield it is the adults themselves, in most cases, who could protect themselves.

That last paragraph. Wow. You have not a notion son.

Here's a list of diseases babies already get vaccinated against in the north under the NHS vaccination program:

Diptheria
Tetanus
MenB
MenC
Hepatitis A
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Rotavirus
Pneumococcal

But covid would be a step too far?

Rossfan

Yep we really need to get polio, smallpox and all the rest back into society so anti vaxxers can have a choice.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hectic

It really is fascinating how hysteria and fear shape otherwise rational peoples thinking.

Or hold on do you lot actually believe these vaccines are going to eradicate a Coronavirus?

Eradication is the greatest success of vaccinations.

If not eradicating then we are into protection.

Children don't need protecting from this virus any more than they need protecting from road traffic accidents.

If you are actually building your support for vaccinating children on the basis of historical vaccinations then there really is not debating with you.

Honestly that has to be one of the weakest arguments I have heard yet, especially in the context where the vaccination cannot even stop transmission.

Ah honestly that has given me a laugh.

Can't stop tens of thousands of people contracting on this Island alone but is on a par with the smallpox vaccine.

Nurse Nurse! 🤣

JoG2

seafoid

The UK had over 12,000 Covid deaths since "Freedom Day" and the end of compulsory masks.

The UK has the highest case numbers in Europe.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hectic

Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2021, 06:24:22 PM
The UK had over 12,000 Covid deaths since "Freedom Day" and the end of compulsory masks.

Also among the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Bit like the answers to my quiz questions yesterday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on October 19, 2021, 05:53:39 PM
It really is fascinating how hysteria and fear shape otherwise rational peoples thinking.

Or hold on do you lot actually believe these vaccines are going to eradicate a Coronavirus?

Children don't need protecting from this virus any more than they need protecting from road traffic accidents.

If you are actually building your support for vaccinating children on the basis of historical vaccinations then there really is not debating with you.

Honestly that has to be one of the weakest arguments I have heard yet, especially in the context where the vaccination cannot even stop transmission.

Can't stop tens of thousands of people contracting on this Island alone but is on a par with the smallpox vaccine.

Nurse Nurse! 🤣

I think the hysteria is generated by the non vaxcers who have been vaccinated when young and have their own kids vaccinated!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Hectic on October 19, 2021, 06:40:13 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2021, 06:24:22 PM

Also among the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Bit like the answers to my quiz questions yesterday.
Mostly the AZ vaccine. Which is running out of gas.
Freedom Day was stupid.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2021, 06:58:56 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 19, 2021, 05:53:39 PM

Nurse Nurse! 🤣

I think the hysteria is generated by the non vaxcers who have been vaccinated when young and have their own kids vaccinated!

The anti vaxers would definitely be the most vocal, and 'screamy'. Like getting into people's faces, outside vaccination centres, constituency offices etc . Any interviews seem be of groups of middle aged women.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

Eeek!!

TBH - thats not great. Whats the vaccination rates in the ROI? They'd need to be well north of 90% for a number as low as 65% to be reassuring!
i usse an speelchekor

Blowitupref

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 19, 2021, 10:20:18 PM
of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

Eeek!!

TBH - thats not great. Whats the vaccination rates in the ROI? They'd need to be well north of 90% for a number as low as 65% to be reassuring!
89% fully vaccinated for everyone over the age of 12. Plenty of countries aren't going to get close to that percentage of its population vaccinated and the ROI figure isn't going to get much higher.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

So here we are, a plethora of people vaccinated! Positive numbers rising. Nothing really changing.

What has improved using this experimental Drug? Because it is an experimental drug until 2023!

It's well enough giving it to auld ones, But giving it to the youth of our society who are not in any danger is reckless.

My kids will not be getting it until it is approved officially in 2023.

Saffrongael

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 11:26:30 PM
So here we are, a plethora of people vaccinated! Positive numbers rising. Nothing really changing.

What has improved using this experimental Drug? Because it is an experimental drug until 2023!

It's well enough giving it to auld ones, But giving it to the youth of our society who are not in any danger is reckless.

Far less people dying if you have been paying attention
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 11:26:30 PM

If they are over 18 before that they'll do as they choose I'm sure, unless you're one of those parents
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea