Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Under new new management  (Read 120104 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Under New Management
« Reply #1470 on: June 08, 2021, 11:42:28 PM »
It's good to see the last Unionist First Minister of the occupied north east has been nominated  ;D
Apparently Michelle is going to offer to name the post joint first minister next year after the election.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 09, 2021, 08:20:47 AM »
Anyone watch Poots on Spotlight last night?

I'm almost certain when asked about what would replace the NI Protocol he said he'd accept checks in England and Scotland...

To me (and I'll watch it back later) he knows the NI Protocol is there for good but he needs to save face and make sure the checks aren't in Larne or Belfast.

He was also dancing on the head of a pin when asked why his department went ahead and built the infrastructure for the inspections.

Didn't come across as the most alert either.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 09, 2021, 05:48:26 PM »
Good old Gregory, not in the new management, but still upholding the earlier part of the thread title
https://twitter.com/AndrewEQuinn/status/1402584661474283527?s=20
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 09, 2021, 06:44:39 PM »
Good old Gregory, not in the new management, but still upholding the earlier part of the thread title
https://twitter.com/AndrewEQuinn/status/1402584661474283527?s=20

🤣🤣

ardtole

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 11, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
I think Boris should have a referendum, just in the north, regarding the protocal. Just a simple should it stay, or go. Im convinced it would pass and the dup would be sidelined further with nowhere to turn.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 11, 2021, 09:08:30 AM »
I think Boris should have a referendum, just in the north, regarding the protocal. Just a simple should it stay, or go. Im convinced it would pass and the dup would be sidelined further with nowhere to turn.
There should be no referendum

The protocol would likely be thrown out

Referendums if at all possible should always be between two defined choices - if you held a referendum on this you're leaving open the choice of absolute chaos

It would be another Brexit - and the only logical place to go if the protocol is thrown out is a hard border

The UK negotiated this, they and Unionists now have to lie on the bed they made

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 11, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »

The NI Protocol is an international trading agreement between the EU and the UK Government in London.

A bunch of idiots in Stormont won't get any say in it as if it's rejected something similar will need to put in its place.

Even this so called vote in 2024 on the NI protocol can only "amend" 5 items out of the whole protocol and then something needs introduced to replace these five items.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 11, 2021, 09:24:36 AM »
That was one of the red flags for me on your man Beattie. He said that they could get rid of it when all they could do was amend those items but he knew rightly and was just talking through his arse to stir it up and make himself look big.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1478 on: June 11, 2021, 11:00:55 AM »
To amend  would it need a simple majority in Stormont or a majority of both Unionists and Nationalists?
If the latter no chance, if the former unlikely - unless Alliance vote with the Unionists who don't seem to have realised (outwardly anyway) that they're not a majority any more.
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

APM

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 11, 2021, 11:26:04 AM »
There should be no referendum

The protocol would likely be thrown out

Referendums if at all possible should always be between two defined choices - if you held a referendum on this you're leaving open the choice of absolute chaos

It would be another Brexit - and the only logical place to go if the protocol is thrown out is a hard border

The UK negotiated this, they and Unionists now have to lie on the bed they made

Agree with this.  There cannot be a referendum on the protocol as there is no defined alternative.  As far as I can see the only sustainable alternative to a protocol is a United Ireland.  For reasons discussed exhaustively during the negotiations, a hard border on the island is not sustainable. 

Given those two choices in a referendum, I think the unionists politicians would be quite happy with the bed that they made for themselves.   

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 11, 2021, 01:05:21 PM »
To amend  would it need a simple majority in Stormont or a majority of both Unionists and Nationalists?
If the latter no chance, if the former unlikely - unless Alliance vote with the Unionists who don't seem to have realised (outwardly anyway) that they're not a majority any more.

Simple majority I think. Alliance almost certainly will agree with Nats on this one.

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 11, 2021, 03:25:13 PM »
Van Morrison/Ian Paisley Jr video anyone? Totally cringeworthy - Van Morrison tried to start a chant and it didnít work 🤣

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 11, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »
Van Morrison/Ian Paisley Jr video anyone? Totally cringeworthy - Van Morrison tried to start a chant and it didnít work 🤣

Awful. Comedians go nights without sleep trying to create a sketch like that.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 11, 2021, 03:41:04 PM »
he's went all these years being a hero and does this and ruins it all lol