Think and hope there will be some changes to the Mayo team.IMO could be
                                       Clarke
                    Barrett         Crowe       O Donoghue

Durcan          Boyle       Higgins

SOS  Parsons

Diarmuid     Aido     Mc Loughlin

Doherty
                          Andy         Cillian

Crowe had a solid league and may get the shout ahead of Vaughan for marking Comer.Id expect Higgins to be sweeping in front of the full back line either way.Unfortunately i dont think Cafferkey is an option for full back anymore.O Donoghue had a great league and has earned his place but i would expect Harrisson to reclaim the jersey later in the year.If Crowe and O Donoghue do well Barrett could be deployed at 6 and Vaughan as an impact sub.I believe Rochford is looking at the bigger picture if The newer lads can do well it gives us options from the bench later in the year.I wouldnt be surprised to see Boland getting game time here aswell.

Gaaboardmod3

Blowitupref

Quote from: MayoBuck on May 11, 2018, 09:06:26 PM
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2018/05/11/4155965-changes-expectedto-the-/

Some rumours and speculation from the Connacht Telegraph.

Some rumours there alright will be interesting to see how many if any are correct.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 11, 2018, 09:33:51 PM
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2018/05/11/4155965-changes-expectedto-the-/

Some rumours there alright will be interesting to see how many if any are correct.
For a start I'm pretty sure he has information wrong on Sean Andy.
No doubt about him playing as far as I'm aware.
It's the other 2 boys in the fullback line that are in doubt

Whishtup

I always look forward to Mayo's championship starting.

Farrandeelin

With all the expected changes on both sides it's hard to make a solid prediction. One of my main worries is Mayo's midfield. I'm not convinced by whoever is on the bench to come on and replace SOS when he inevitably tires.

Regarding our forwards, will the ball going into the full forward line stick? Loftus, who has a good vision and distribution of the ball needs to make it stick in there. Andy usually does. I'm also worried about Galway's defensive system. Despite the rumours about Kerin and Kyne they are both named to start.

We all know the damage Galway's forwards can do. I hope we get the match-ups right, especially on Comer. The others can be hit and miss imo. Saying that when they hit and click they are dangerous. I'm not confident of us winning and I don't know where the optimism is coming from. Perhaps they were ignoring the league all along and are gearing up for this weekend.

Despite all my worries, I anticipate a close game. But I think Galway will win by 1 or 2 points.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 11, 2018, 10:50:16 PM
With all the expected changes on both sides it's hard to make a solid prediction. One of my main worries is Mayo's midfield. I'm not convinced by whoever is on the bench to come on and replace SOS when he inevitably tires.

Regarding our forwards, will the ball going into the full forward line stick? Loftus, who has a good vision and distribution of the ball needs to make it stick in there. Andy usually does. I'm also worried about Galway's defensive system. Despite the rumours about Kerin and Kyne they are both named to start.

We all know the damage Galway's forwards can do. I hope we get the match-ups right, especially on Comer. The others can be hit and miss imo. Saying that when they hit and click they are dangerous. I'm not confident of us winning and I don't know where the optimism is coming from. Perhaps they were ignoring the league all along and are gearing up for this weekend.

Despite all my worries, I anticipate a close game. But I think Galway will win by 1 or 2 points.
Mayo will have a sweeper for Comer when he is inside without a doubt

highorlow

Fully agree with Farr on the midfield dilemma.

It's either overlooked by management or we don't have them anymore.

It will be our downfall this year but not on Sunday. We might sneak it on Sunday I think.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

"With regard to Mayo, the county's GAA  supporters have come to expect changes been made shortly before the throw in and the same thing wil happen on this occasion.."

Don't tell Hardy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

The bench will be the most interesting , CIan Hanley will be part of it or maybe even playing despite what people are saying that he's not in the plans for this year.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on May 12, 2018, 09:26:55 AM
The bench will be the most interesting , CIan Hanley will be part of it or maybe even playing despite what people are saying that he's not in the plans for this year.

He's a long way off it from what I hear
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Would Hanley still be considered an inside forward or would he be another 'running' option somewhere in the middle third?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Tubberman on May 12, 2018, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 12, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

He's a long way off it from what I hear
If so i find it odd he was given a place on the championship panel while others training since before the FBD have been cut from the panel.

Quote from: Jinxy on May 12, 2018, 12:17:47 PM
Would Hanley still be considered an inside forward or would he be another 'running' option somewhere in the middle third?
He was a half forward at minor level

MayoBuck

Quote from: Jinxy on May 12, 2018, 12:17:47 PM

The latter I would imagine but he did play full forward at times in his minor days