man city new invincibles

Started by mayoaremagic, December 10, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on July 27, 2021, 09:05:25 AM
What's nuts is that a team with (by top level standards) moderate income streams has nearly a full team of subs every week that earn >£100k a week. And that's just the amounts that they're declaring in their accounts ffs.

They're the epitome of everything that is wrong with football and fair play.

So any chairperson who doesn't do their utmost to maximise any potential income from City would need a good shoeing.

Yes....it is nuts,  it is also likely against FFP but because the authorities have no balls and fucked up around the investigation into them they will continue to get away with sports washing through suspicious sponsorships

lurganblue

Am I right in saying FFP has now been relaxed due to covid and reduced incomes?

bennydorano

Have booked tickets to take young lad next Spring, flights are open but 'all games subject to change'. V Brighton, down for 3pm on a Saturday. Any City men here could offer advice? I know Celtic used to have guaranteed Saturday 3pm games starred so the travelling Paddies could book in confidence, City don't seem to do that.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 19, 2021, 06:58:13 PM
Have booked tickets to take young lad next Spring, flights are open but 'all games subject to change'. V Brighton, down for 3pm on a Saturday. Any City men here could offer advice? I know Celtic used to have guaranteed Saturday 3pm games starred so the travelling Paddies could book in confidence, City don't seem to do that.

Sky / BT release their games a few times a year. I can't remember the exact date, but I'd say it'll be the end of Jan / middle of Feb for March and April fixtures. You'll get the exact date at some stage a good bit in advance

StPatsAbu

Nothing is guaranteed until Sky say so. Every team is their biatch

bennydorano

Quote from: JoG2 on August 19, 2021, 07:48:08 PM

Sky / BT release their games a few times a year. I can't remember the exact date, but I'd say it'll be the end of Jan / middle of Feb for March and April fixtures. You'll get the exact date at some stage a good bit in advance
I booked the flights out there anyway for early Saturday am, cheap as chips at this stage, will sort the return when the match is confirmed, dunno if it's going to be a 1 night or 2 night stay at this stage, match day & time will dictate. That game has got early Saturday morning BT game wrote all over it I reckon.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 19, 2021, 09:47:08 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 19, 2021, 07:48:08 PM

I booked the flights out there anyway for early Saturday am, cheap as chips at this stage, will sort the return when the match is confirmed, dunno if it's going to be a 1 night or 2 night stay at this stage, match day & time will dictate. That game has got early Saturday morning BT game wrote all over it I reckon.

Fingers crossed you strike it lucky. Sat 3pm, the traditional KO time is ideal.

bennydorano

Ended up I'm taking my lads to the Champions League game next Wed v Sporting Lisbon (pity they're 5-0 up tho). Got all reorganised pretty easily, Covid obviously changed Easyjets outlook on life too.

Anybody got any experience of getting back to base after a mid week game? I'm sure it's bedlam trying to get taxis etc.. am I safer just hoofing it in? Looks like 1.5m to hotel, safe?

CK_Redhand

Quote from: bennydorano on March 02, 2022, 12:01:48 PM
Ended up I'm taking my lads to the Champions League game next Wed v Sporting Lisbon (pity they're 5-0 up tho). Got all reorganised pretty easily, Covid obviously changed Easyjets outlook on life too.

Anybody got any experience of getting back to base after a mid week game? I'm sure it's bedlam trying to get taxis etc.. am I safer just hoofing it in? Looks like 1.5m to hotel, safe?
I am for this match too. My first champions league game, its a pity about the scoreline from the first leg.

The etihad is in a pretty isolated part of the city. There are trams back to the center after the match, I would say it can be walked if your lads can manage it.

Milltown Row2

Utd are playing rubbish so expect a 1-2 win Utd,  Pogba with the winner
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cokers

You're always good for a laugh MR2

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

As dominant a second half display as you are likely to see.

Seemed to really increase the pace after half time and they had no answer at all. We were helped by them seeming to completely throw in the towel.

Once we got past their high press we created countless chances. Their defence is as bad as most of the teams around the relegation zone.

KDB was again sublime - he is in a rich vein of form. Mahrez had a super second half.

Even Jack looked like a world class player although that would probably be down to the opposition defenders rather than Jack himself.

The ole's were really rubbing in into them but why not  ;D

bennydorano

Heading to City v Arsenal 2moro nite, booked it last Autumn as an Xmas present for my lad, took a chance on it staying a Wednesday night fixture, little did I know how crucial a game it was going to be, should be a cracker! And unbelievably I could be going to Everton v Newcastle on Thursday night. Stars have aligned.

Taylor

Should be a cracking game Benny.

Fully expecting a comprehensive victory given how Arsenals defence have been playing without Saliba