Ciarraí V Corcaigh AISF 2008

Started by comethekingdom, August 10, 2008, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Bad form from the Kerry lads going in to the pub after being warned at the door.

rodney trotter

O Se is like Paul Scholes, said nothing to the media when he was playing,  and not afraid of the headlines now.

Zulu

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 22, 2015, 08:31:15 AM
Bad form from the Kerry lads going in to the pub after being warned at the door.

The Kerry boys would be in there all the time too. Great little pub and I'd say there was little or nothing to it.

moysider

Why bother including it in his book so?

Zulu

I'm afraid you'll have to ask him that. I'm pretty sure the very best stories rarely make it into GAA autobiographies.

BennyCake

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2015, 08:11:21 AM
Like that last post :)

But it would be unfair to Cork for it to remain like that

I never realised there was a dust up in Cork City after this match

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245854

I wonder who will play Tomas in the movie.

joemamas

Think I will be taking a pass on this book.

While he was truly an incredible footballer, (2005 final stands out), I find his appearances on TV, ("look I suppose") and his pieces in Independent to be so riddles with cliches and bs stories, that I would be really surprised if there will be anything really insightful in the book.

BennyCake

Quote from: joemamas on October 22, 2015, 01:51:12 PM
Think I will be taking a pass on this book.

While he was truly an incredible footballer, (2005 final stands out), I find his appearances on TV, ("look I suppose") and his pieces in Independent to be so riddles with cliches and bs stories, that I would be really surprised if there will be anything really insightful in the book.

BOoks are generally blown out of proportion. Jack O'Connor being a prime example

5 Sams

Liam Hayes wrote the best GAA autobiog ever.
The Aristocrat Years

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on October 22, 2015, 11:23:49 AM
I'm afraid you'll have to ask him that. I'm pretty sure the very best stories rarely make it into GAA autobiographies.

I dunno. Why present a story about a row and then pass it of as hand-bags and matey phone calls after and shit basically. Why mention it at all, if nothing happened.

Maybe an opportunity to tell an ould yarn. The bit I would have reservations about is the highlighting of the Doug Howlett role with Mick Galway acting the man there. Cunning stuff and making a NZ rugby player as the fall guy imo.  Nothing story.

Ill advised stuff. Poor judgement.

But saying that I can understand why he would have wanted to include likes of that. Books are a hard sell. Wouldn t buy Tomás's  -or most football books - in a fit.

He is a savage footballer though. The best 5 I've ever seen. If you could clone a 5 it would be him.

maigheo

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 22, 2015, 11:46:50 PM
Liam Hayes wrote the best GAA autobiog ever.
Would agree with that.Must have read it about 4 or 5 times over the years.The only ever auto bio that I have read that compares to Out of our Skins was from Jack Youngblood an ex NFL player.Cannot think of the name of the book as I loaned it to somebody years ago and of course never got it back.I like OShea and look forward to his colums every friday and also think he is quite good on the SG but I would not buy his book .