Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 03, 2024, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 03, 2024, 04:25:38 PMGive up after 20mins of his latest show.

According to him, Derry have a small MF pairing, and that MH doesn't have a clue...

Unless im wrong, the current AI record is 3 v 1?

At senior level yes, Harte also has a minor all-ireland and 2 u21 all irelands. So it's kinda 6 v 1?

Jim yet to win an Ulster senior club either

Levels.

Truthsayer

Jimmy record against Harte in championship is 3-0. Harte should have stepped away from Tyrone bout 2010 got left behind by the best coaches then.. cudnt get the better of Kerry, Dublin or Mayo from 2008. No coincidence Tyrone won Sam year after he went. He's not the Messiah!

Wildweasel74

Bit of a rant alright.and a major McGuiness love in. Love to know what his problem is with Harte so badly. Give out about him been paid but glossed over O'Rourke been paid.

onefineday

Quote from: JoG2 on May 03, 2024, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 03, 2024, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: ck on May 03, 2024, 03:36:52 PMGenuinely starting to feel sorry for Brolly. GAA people who once valued his opinion now laugh at him, not with him and no-one believes a word he says.
This is true. The only reason he's still in the media at all now seems to be to laugh at him. I don't know anyone who would actually pay any heed to him apart from an eye roll. T'is a sorry state and he's even managed to turn his own against him. Pity, he was entertaining once.

He speaks well on a wide range of non GAA topics on the Free State, some very enjoyable episodes
I haven't listened as I gave up paying heed to him years ago when I heard him tell blatant lies to illustrate a point about an underage team that I had close connections with, I'd say by now most of us have similar stories!
But, he is a good talker and if you aren't familiar with a topic to the extent you are on gaa, then he might make sense, to people informed on those topics, he's probably as full of the same shite that he is when talking about football!!

marty34

Going back to Jim Mc Guinness.

What I like about him is he always tries to bring Donegal people and community into it.  A sense of the team is doing this for Donegal and Donegal people, wherever in the world they are.

He always talks about giving their people a lift etc. and then he said e.g. V Tyrone in the last 5 mins, the Donegal crowd gave the players a lift. So he's trying to build a connection.

I never hear too many other managers saying this type of stuff about boosting the county - maybe because they're outside managers. I don't know.

screenexile

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 03, 2024, 11:27:50 PMJimmy record against Harte in championship is 3-0. Harte should have stepped away from Tyrone bout 2010 got left behind by the best coaches then.. cudnt get the better of Kerry, Dublin or Mayo from 2008. No coincidence Tyrone won Sam year after he went. He's not the Messiah!

He's a very naughty boy... now go away!!!

imtommygunn

Marty there aren't loads of outside managers at top level county. Maybe down divisions.

Main Street

Quote from: square_ball on May 03, 2024, 01:54:24 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 03, 2024, 12:56:37 PMThe episode also contains Joe telling us how he told txt a friend before the Derry Donegal game to predict that Donegal would win using "a ploy to go for lobbed goals when the keeper comes to midfield". Weirdly, he never once made that prediciton in public before the game. Just told us about how he predicted it in the aftermath and how obvious it was.

Not a friend but of course with Joe it has to be a recent county player who just happened to message Joe to ask for his prediction. In this case it was Ryan Jones from Fermanagh who of course after the match text Joe to say that he was absolutely correct in his prediction.
'Mystic Joe' -  except where Joe's concerned the prediction is announced after the event.

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on May 03, 2024, 01:41:50 PM;D

And as Joe (rightly and constantly) bemoans the likes of Trump, the Tories, Israeli gov't etc for getting the lie out first, because that's the message that'll stick more the actual truth, he does the very same re the GAA.

Even our red hand neighbours would love to see us win Sam the year to see the hooer squirm, yes? Surely  ???

Thought about it there.

It wouldn't be worth it sorry!

Fergal McCusker is the one texting brolly one line sentences after games now according to his Indo post this week.

red hander

Quote from: JoG2 on May 03, 2024, 01:41:50 PM;D

And as Joe (rightly and constantly) bemoans the likes of Trump, the Tories, Israeli gov't etc for getting the lie out first, because that's the message that'll stick more the actual truth, he does the very same re the GAA.

Even our red hand neighbours would love to see us win Sam the year to see the hooer squirm, yes? Surely  ???

Would we fcuk