Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

Hi dickhead u want to show me exactly where I have been winding people up ?

Shitegoodman, hilarious, am in tears here  ::)

alba2

Clownjim, Shitegoodman and Alba, Have you lads not worked out yet that they are 3 WUM's of the highest order who would be more suited to the kiddies on the hogan stand..  ::)
[/quote]

I honestly dont pass any remarks on them.  Let them hit the hogan stand for all its worth if they want.

anyway back to the football - Down will have Kerry minus David Moran this weekend - but big michael Quirke is back in the fold after the basketball season has ended for his club.  He can be quite a handful at times.  Hope Kalum and Peter are on their games this weekend.  Midfield has been disappointing in the league campaign - need to get it right for championship.

First reound of club fixtures next weekend - hope the lads dont be knocking two bells outta each other during the games.  Sometimes i feel this is where the season can go pear shaped.  But club is the foundation so we need to release the players back and let them at it for a while.

downjim

EagleLord are the board amins. Can you not take a bit of craic!! I was only stating the truth and having a bit of banter.. But the bridge ones are very quiet on this board since last October!!!

Good luck to the lads tomorrow.. it will be a tough test for the opener next week! But hopefully we dont lose any players to injury.

It reminds me of Burren and Bridge in 99.. Bridge on the up and us on the descent but hey thats football!!

Ps I have nothing to do with them other ones.. I know what i am talking about.

5 Sams

The Kerry team to play Down on Sunday at 2.30pm in Fitzgerald Stadium is as follows:
1. Brendan  Kealy, (Kilcummin)
2. Shane Enright (Tarbert) 3 Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) . 4 Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore)
5 Tomas Ó Sé,  (An Ghaeltacht )6 Killian Young (Renard)  7. Aidan O'Mahony(Rathmore)
8 Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes), 9 Anthony Maher (Duagh)
10. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane), 11. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 12. Paul Galvin (Finuge)
13. Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes)14 Kieran Donaghy(Austin Stacks) 15. Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
Subs:

Tomás Mac a t'Saoir (An Ghaeltacht)  Seamus Scanlon (Currow) Kieran O'Leary  (Dr. Crokes)
Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's)  20 Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin)   Brian McGuire  (Listowel Emmetts)  Daniel Bohan(Austin Stacks) ,
Adrian O'Connell (St Michaels Foilmore)  Niall O'Mahony (Spa)

In fairness I would fancy our full forward line against that Kerry full back line...I know Marc is a top 3 corner back of the last 5-6 years but he will have his hands full with Benny and the other two...Tom with miles on the clock and Shane a greenhorn..... Marty and Paul will give them them their fill.

I think our midfield will be better than Kerry's.....fullstop. Brosnan is out of position and Maher hasnt made a name for himself yet...he's no Moran or Quirke or even Tommy G or Scanlan....

As for the Kerry forward line.....welll that just scares the shite of of me
The Aristocrat Years

pointlad

Down team to play Kerry 2011-04-09 11:20:00

Down manager James Mc Cartan names team which includes two changes from the team that started against Dublin
in Croke Park Declan Alder replaces Brendan Mc Veigh in goal and James Colgan replaces Peter Fitzpatrick

1 Declan Alder
2 Gerard McCartan
3 Dan Gordon
4 Brendan McArdle
5 Conor Garvey
6 Kevin McKernan
7 Declan Rooney
8 James Colgan
9 Kalum King
10 Daniel Hughes
11 Mark Poland
12 Conor Maginn
13 Paul McComiskey
14 Brendan Coulter
15 Martin Clarke

Strong enough team there. Although thought Fitzpatrick was doing well in the middle, maybe its injury?

Like to congratulate my old school the college in achieving back to back allirelands which is a very special thing to be done at this level of football.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: downjim on April 06, 2011, 05:49:22 PM
For anyone who is interested in a good game.. Burren play Ballinderry in the Ulster league final on Saturday at 7 in the Athletic grounds.. I hope we can give them a better game than the last time they played Down opposition  :) :)

And the answer is ...... yous didnt. Ballinderry 1-13 Burren 0-10.

TheClutch

St Colmans did not play to their full potential today. And to be fair they didn't really hit top gear throughout their whole year. They were up aginst a better team but they were the more experienced team and took their scores when they were against the odds, two hogans in a row is a very good achivement for any team. St Colmans are the kings of Ulster again.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

mournerambler

Quote from: TheClutch on April 09, 2011, 11:30:20 PM
St Colmans did not play to their full potential today. And to be fair they didn't really hit top gear throughout their whole year. They were up aginst a better team but they were the more experienced team and took their scores when they were against the odds, two hogans in a row is a very good achivement for any team. St Colmans are the kings of Ulster again.

eh- i think that should be rephrased to read 'kings of Ireland again', that was an All Irelaand competition in case you wern't aware of it ;)

southdown

TG4 tonoight

Laochra Gael – Na Coimhlintí (OS)
17:55:00
After a 23 year famine of All Ireland football wins, in 1991 Down brought the Sam Maguire Cup north. Who could have predicted that Donegal and Derry would follow suit in an unprecedented golden era of Ulster football. With interviews from Ross Carr, Henry Downey, Brian McEniff and Jarlath Burns

EagleLord

Watching it now, great show so far. Would love to know who is yer man is, seen the footage so many times, hes standing up on a wall or something, possibly on the hill?? Hes waving 2 flags and has all the down armbands. Always seem to show him in the old footage of them games.

behind the wire

Liam Harrison from Glasdrumman as far as i know. BBC did a piece on him before the all ireland final last year.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: behind the wire on April 10, 2011, 07:23:47 PM
Liam Harrison from Glasdrumman as far as i know. BBC did a piece on him before the all ireland final last year.

Thats correct.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 10, 2011, 07:25:21 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on April 10, 2011, 07:23:47 PM

Thats correct.

http://www.facebook.com/THECHAMPIONSHIP#!/video/video.php?v=426965134108

EagleLord

Very good, thanks men. I'll give that a look, not not though, zzzz zzzz zzzz.