Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

More bigotry in the Kilkeel/Ballymartin this week, shameful

5 Sams

Clonduff V Harps switched to Monday night. Half 7 in Hilltown.
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

What price these 3 results...holy fcuk. Longstone 1-15 V Burren 2-9, Downpatrick 5-4 V Bryansford 3-8, Castlewellan 1-9 V Kilcoo 0-10
The Aristocrat Years

No1

It's been a night of shocks alright 5 Sams, we even managed to score two goals.  :o

lucan

surprised at ardglass beating tullylish. they must have all their socer men back also tullylish are missing a few men.

here comes 6

I have been looking at the tables and again the div 3 table looks like a few teams are already playing catch up in the amount of games they have played prepared to others. It ranges from 13 games played by some teams til 10 games played..  If this trend continues and one of the teams that have played only 10 or 11 games gets a run in the Championship we will be left with the same situation as last year. Why is so many games not being played and if theres a valid reason for calling them of why are the games not being played within the 7 day rule?

Plus could someone please clear up what way the leagues are being finished this year due to the changes..  Is there playofs to see who wins league or does the top team become champions?

behind the wire

Is the Down v Monaghan game on tv?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

supersub

Are there up to date league tables anywhere? Can't seem to find them on the site

DownFanatic

Quote from: supersub on June 18, 2012, 01:31:31 PM
Are there up to date league tables anywhere? Can't seem to find them on the site

League tables at downgaa.net under 'Fixtures and Results.'

5 Sams

Harps v comfortable 3 pt winners tonight against Clonduff.
The Aristocrat Years

Naomh Pol CLG

here comes 6

Quote from: here comes 6 on June 17, 2012, 09:40:49 AM
I have been looking at the tables and again the div 3 table looks like a few teams are already playing catch up in the amount of games they have played prepared to others. It ranges from 13 games played by some teams til 10 games played..  If this trend continues and one of the teams that have played only 10 or 11 games gets a run in the Championship we will be left with the same situation as last year. Why is so many games not being played and if theres a valid reason for calling them of why are the games not being played within the 7 day rule?

Plus could someone please clear up what way the leagues are being finished this year due to the changes..  Is there playofs to see who wins league or does the top team become champions?

I take it everyone else then is in the same boat and dont have a clue whats happening to finish leagues?

ardtole

As far as I know the top ten in this years div 3 play in a new division 2 next year and the bottom 2 play in division 3 next year. The recent wet weather caused a few games to be postponed and i would say that is why a few teams might be behind schedule, but I dont think it is a huge problem at this stage.

supersub

Quote from: here comes 6 on June 19, 2012, 10:52:28 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on June 17, 2012, 09:40:49 AM

I take it everyone else then is in the same boat and dont have a clue whats happening to finish leagues?

To be honest 13-10 isn't that big of a gap at the moment, two games in a week and you are near back up to speed!

If it was 13-6/7 then you may have a problem. But I don't know how the leagues finish, just heard top 6 from Div 2 are going to Div 1.

Square Ball

and so we have another wet and soggy Friday, any games off yet?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid