Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 10, 2012, 02:04:15 AM
Lads, when this was put to the vote at a county board meeting, only 7 or so clubs voted against League re-structuring, my club included. At the end of the day county board delegates on behalf of their clubs voted unanimously for these proposals to go through. We are stuck with them for the forseeable.

This doesnt affect any of the div1 clubs it just protects them from ever being relegated. The likes of Clonduff, Longstone etc. will now never be relegated + they are all sure of at least a 2nd chance in the the Championship.

So now if what happens last year and Burren and Bryansford are Drawn against each other it doesnt really matter.  We will never (in my opinion) see the likes of Annaclone, Loughinisland or Liatriom back in a chamoionship final due to these decisions.

This vote was rushed through before the 1st league game was played and as this doesnt affect the top clubs, so NO kick up was caused.

There no is law to say it cant be over turned

dundrumite

Lads judging by league tables at present both kilclief and shamrocks would be plying their trade in div 2 of the new system . so using these results as a basis for arguments is wrong.

thewobbler

Kilcoo are winning by 15.

The SFC 1st round has been an entirely pointless exercise.

Line Ball

Kilcoo 4-20 - An Riocht 0-07

This is turning into a real joke.

5 Sams

I hear we're in Armagh for the Monaghan game...2pm 24th June.
The Aristocrat Years

Line Ball

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 10, 2012, 07:24:20 PM
I hear we're in Armagh for the Monaghan game...2pm 24th June.

Sensible venue.  Hope we do better than our last few times there.

Championship result
Bryansford 2.14 - Downpatrick 3.07

knockitdown

Drumgath beat Glenn by 6 tonight

lucan

drumgath 2   11 glen 1   8   glen were winning 1  6  to 0  4  at half time. a funny wee field.

Minus15

Hi Lucan how do you mean a funny wee field?

general

Sounds like lucan being a twat minus15!!

He must realise all clubs dont have stupid money to spend..especially the likes off a country team like Glenn.

lucan

no insult intended minus 15. the field is not the largest in the county but i was refering more to the way it falls away to the side furtherest from the club house.i think it benefited drumgath in the second half.

dundrumite

Quote from: general on June 12, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Sounds like lucan being a t**t minus15!!

He must realise all clubs dont have stupid money to spend..especially the likes off a country team like Glenn.

Ya got a tener off me for one pathetic prediction  :o Loaded I would say.. How is that LMS going? we looking another one before season is out

Minus15

I thought that is what you were alluding to alright Lucan and I think you have a point. Don't take no notice of The general! He is intoxicated in Amsterdam en route to Poland at the moment!

Minus15

Quote from: dundrumite on June 12, 2012, 05:35:44 PM
Quote from: general on June 12, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Sounds like lucan being a t**t minus15!!

Ya got a tener off me for one pathetic prediction  :o Loaded I would say.. How is that LMS going? we looking another one before season is out

Still 33 standing ahead of this week's games!

southdown

More bigotry in the Kilkeel/Ballymartin this week, shameful