So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

anyone who has smoked a spliff, taken a tab or snorted a line be best step back as they have contributed to the drugs business. Some handwringing going on. The prodigal... 

yellowcard

Personally I thought it was a 'performance' designed to elicit sympathy. Time will tell, though whether she is genuinely remorseful or if it was the beginning of a crusade to sell her story to profit from it. I think she would be better advised to keep her head down rather than dive into tv programs. The interviewer was incompetent and failed to ask the obvious questions like how much she was being paid to ship the drugs. She deserves a second chance but we are entitled to wait and see if she is still being motivated from profiteering from her exploits or if she genuinely wants to bring some good in helping educate people from her mistake.   

longballin

Well said Yellow Card, the vemon against her is unreal. Time will tell and hopefully she is genuine. I think she is...

stew

Quote from: longballin on April 04, 2016, 09:38:44 AM
anyone who has smoked a spliff, taken a tab or snorted a line be best step back as they have contributed to the drugs business. Some handwringing going on. The prodigal...

Spot on, she was twenty and knew full well the implications of what she was doing, she is a part of the drug problem and deserves to be jailed for a long time, period, end of.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Looking forward to Reeling in The Years 2016.
Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

How come she got out and the other girl is still in?
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2016, 09:58:19 AM

Spot on, she was twenty and knew full well the implications of what she was doing, she is a part of the drug problem and deserves to be jailed for a long time, period, end of.

aye i supose that's one view though I dont agree. Dont think she should be thrown on the scrap heap at that age for being such an idiot...

general_lee

Without condoning what she did, how do you know she knew full well what she was doing? Her first time out of Ireland and she got involved in that suggests to me she hadn't a f**king notion. To think you can smuggle millions worth of cocaine through an airport in South America undetected is not the behaviour of someone who knows full well what they are doing. The people who knew what they were doing were the ones that flew her from Spain to Peru and used her.

ziggysego

Quote from: longballin on April 04, 2016, 10:18:59 AM

aye i supose that's one view though I dont agree. Dont think she should be thrown on the scrap heap at that age for being such an idiot...

She doesn't been thrown on the scrap heap, with no future. Everyone deserves a second chance if they've made a mistake. I just find it distasteful she's being paraded on television.
Testing Accessibility

imtommygunn

I would agree. Do your time and get on with your life. The media is almost glamorising the whole thing.

Let her get on with her life and leave her to it.

No wides

Quote from: general_lee on April 04, 2016, 10:20:03 AM

Without condoning what she did, how do you know she knew full well what she was doing? Her first time out of Ireland and she got involved in that suggests to me she hadn't a f**king notion. To think you can smuggle millions worth of cocaine through an airport in South America undetected is not the behaviour of someone who knows full well what they are doing. The people who knew what they were doing were the ones that flew her from Spain to Peru and used her.

How gullible are you, I say again if she was an ugly fat lass you wouldn't even be discussing it.

No wides

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 04, 2016, 10:22:24 AM
I would agree. Do your time and get on with your life. The media is almost glamorising the whole thing.

Let her get on with her life and leave her to it.

So she was forced to do that interview, is that what you are saying?

laoislad

I wonder if she was a 20 year old fella from Ballymun would people have the same level of sympathy.Or even a 20 year old girl from Ballymun for that matter.
She came across totally fake in that interview imo. She was only sorry because she was caught. If she hadn't of been caught that time she would have kept doing it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

longballin

Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2016, 10:33:54 AM
I wonder if she was a 20 year old fella from Ballymun would people have the same level of sympathy.Or even a 20 year old girl from Ballymun for that matter.
She came across totally fake in that interview imo. She was only sorry because she was caught. If she hadn't of been caught that time she would have kept doing it.

if it was a 20-year-old from anywhere Id say the same thing. You dont know whether she is sorry no more than anyone else. time will tell.

general_lee

Quote from: No wides on April 04, 2016, 10:28:00 AM
Quote from: general_lee on April 04, 2016, 10:20:03 AM

How gullible are you, I say again if she was an ugly fat lass you wouldn't even be discussing it.
So someone just turned 20 thinks they can smuggle 11 kilos of drugs in a suitcase on an aeroplane from a south American airport and they AREN'T naive to do so? Doesn't matter if she weighed a tonne, unless you are absolutely desperate or incredibly stupid you don't do stuff like that. Unless of course you're some naive wee girl who's never left Ireland before but wants to show off.