So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Wonder what her relationship is/was with fellow mule Melissa Reid.

macdanger2

I'd say she's limited in what she can say considering she's still in Peru

From the Bunker

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 03, 2016, 10:09:28 PM
Wonder what her relationship is/was with fellow mule Melissa Reid.

Seems they knew little of each other before this. I suppose she could not delve to much into things in regard to Reid as it might incriminate her. She came across as thoughtful and rehearsed in her answers. She told us little or nothing as there are people that she could get into bother and could hurt her. She basically put her drug smuggling experience to being blotto pissed and on the run from Belfast! The interview has probably earned her a couple of quid to pay off a few bills. I presume one of the red tops will want her sterile story next!

mrdeeds

Rte announced she wasn't paid for interview.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 03, 2016, 10:19:34 PM
Rte announced she wasn't paid for interview.

Fair enough! I would not begrudge her getting a few quid to get started out in the real world again!

Gold

Quote from: Rudi on April 03, 2016, 10:03:47 PM
Interviewer is patronising. She fecked up, did the time, does not need to be told she is a no good loser. She looks good, good luck to her in the future. Everybody makes mistakes hers was polarised. Some on here have zero empathy.

Plus 1.

She fucked up and got in over her head. She was then in Peru and couldn't back out. Partied the head of herself like many before her and made a stupid decision.

Yes all the answers were scripted in that she was saying I cant believe I couldve potentially killed ppl and awashed europe with drugs but she has to stick to it for her own sake. She came across well...she's still v young yet was fit to look the interviewer in the eye ans answer the questions

The interviewer was actually v poor...repeating his question about how does she now feel about what she did etc. ..hewas ppatronising a wee bit and basically ran out of questions

Listen believe me there is a lot worse out there. ..beating women, kids etc...she made a mistake and paid for it severely. ..I wish her the best

And as for those eejits saying she looks ok for someone who has been in jail...do you think she should have been flailed in there or beaten as punishment?  She's had a good clean for the tv cameras and put a nice jacket on...plus she's only 22 so she's hardly gonna come out looking haggard

People are nuts and desperate for blood and to throw stones...unbelievable!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Plus a wee country girl coming to Belfast could easily rent in the cheapest (and most dangerous) area (think the Villqge/Donegal Rd areas etc) and be told in no uncertain terms by 'the boys' that her sort wasnt welcome there. Evennow. In 2016. One GAA bag/jacket seen going Into a house in such an area would be one too many and potentially followed by a rap on the door by 'the boys'
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

armaghniac

Quote from: Gold on April 03, 2016, 10:32:11 PM
Plus a wee country girl coming to Belfast could easily rent in the cheapest (and most dangerous) area (think the Villqge/Donegal Rd areas etc) and be told in no uncertain terms by 'the boys' that her sort wasnt welcome there. Evennow. In 2016. One GAA bag/jacket seen going Into a house in such an area would be one too many and potentially followed by a rap on the door by 'the boys'

Most NI people are well tuned into such things and would note the local "decoration". In any case, if she had to flee from the Donegal Road she wouldn't have to flee all the way to Spain or Peru, the Lisburn road or the other side of the M1 would do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general_lee

Quote from: armaghniac on April 03, 2016, 10:51:44 PM

Most NI people are well tuned into such things and would note the local "decoration". In any case, if she had to flee from the Donegal Road she wouldn't have to flee all the way to Spain or Peru, the Lisburn road or the other side of the M1 would do.
You'd be surprised at the number of young catholic girls who rent in loyalist areas like the Village and Donegall road.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: general_lee on April 03, 2016, 11:22:20 PM

You'd be surprised at the number of young catholic girls who rent in loyalist areas like the Village and Donegall road.
Aye but let's not pretend they aren't aware of the demography of the error when renting the house. As your man says all you'd have to do is move a couple of hundred yards.

general_lee

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 03, 2016, 11:34:46 PM
Quote from: general_lee on April 03, 2016, 11:22:20 PM

Aye but let's not pretend they aren't aware of the demography of the error when renting the house. As your man says all you'd have to do is move a couple of hundred yards.
I don't deny that. But it's the cheapest rental space in Belfast. Many just take the risk and keep the head down and hope for the best

east down gael

I'm lost,was she booted out of a loyalist area?

Nigel White

Quote from: east down gael on April 03, 2016, 11:49:50 PM
I'm lost,was she booted out of a loyalist area?
What might have drawn you to that conclusion?

No wides

Quote from: the goal was on on April 03, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
Serious holes in that story. Disgrace letting that on TV

Spot on - if it was a toothless 20 stone hallion there wouldn't have been a word about it, she couldn't have done enough time as far as I am concerned.

general_lee

Quote from: No wides on April 04, 2016, 08:05:56 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on April 03, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
Serious holes in that story. Disgrace letting that on TV

Spot on - if it was a toothless 20 stone hallion there wouldn't have been a word about it, she couldn't have done enough time as far as I am concerned.
What would be an appropriate term for her?