So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2015, 01:17:36 PM
Not agreeing with Tony on this specifically guy there's definitely a disparity in treatment of anyone connected to the GAA on the board, especially when it's someone from a poster's home county. Cathal McCarron for example. Same posters who'd gladly make gay jokes every chance they get were up in arms over any jokes made of the situation.
I have made this point before but someone correctly made the comment that it was people covering up or ignoring issues associated with the GAA; it was in fact insensitive to comment on these matters as people on the board may know those involved. I can see the point.

T Fearon

Anyone on this Board could know anyone who is pilloried on it,whether the subject is connected to the GAA or not.

T Fearon

Don't worry.It normally takes slow learners a little longer to reach my conclusions. ;D

Seriously, and as an example,someone referenced a priest convicted of child abuse,during the debate on Sean Brady, who is not connected to the GAA,but who is personally known to me, and I'm sure others on this Board.While I would not in any way attempt to minimise his crimes,far less condone them,he does have a family, who are heartbroken.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2015, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 01, 2015, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2015, 01:17:36 PM
Not agreeing with Tony on this specifically guy there's definitely a disparity in treatment of anyone connected to the GAA on the board, especially when it's someone from a poster's home county. Cathal McCarron for example. Same posters who'd gladly make gay jokes every chance they get were up in arms over any jokes made of the situation.
I have made this point before but someone correctly made the comment that it was people covering up or ignoring issues associated with the GAA; it was in fact insensitive to comment on these matters as people on the board may know those involved. I can see the point.
It's the internet. Anyone could stumble across gaaboard and read something about someone they know.
Aye I'm sure Jose Mourinho, Benjamin Netanyahu and Vladimir Luton could stumble across the board, but on balance I think it is more likely that someone connected with the GAA would access it.

T Fearon

Given the strength of the GAA in Ireland,it is inconceivable that someone from Ireland,referenced on this Board,in any context,would not at least,get to hear about it

gallsman

So what, it shouldn't be discussed because someone in the loop might stumble across it or have word get back to them? People shouldn't discuss horrific issues like child abuse, and not be afraid to openly name people involved, in case you or the family of the abuser hears about it?

T Fearon

On the contrary.But the wagons shouldn't be circled and those with a GAA background should not be exempted.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 01, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
On the contrary.But the wagons shouldn't be circled and those with a GAA background should not be exempted.

Right, one wagon wont do it Tony....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Talk of someone's short-comings as you would your own and you'll find you choose your words a little more carefully. ;)

God14

general_lee

God14

Summer 13 til April 16.
Say 2an a half years. Could have been alot worse for her.

longballin

Hope she can make a life for herself. Is boys around these parts pushing drugs for years and haven't done a day yet.

Lecale2

Still a lot of time wasted in Peru. It's a short enough life.

Late Late Show next week?