So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

If they were foreigners being caught on the way into Ireland there would be no sympathy for them. End of story.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2013, 05:47:48 AM
Bemused by the theory that these two will emerge after six years 8 months,and resume a happy normal life of an average mid 20s person,as if nearly 7 years in a horrible dungeon won't leave them emotionally if not physically scarred for life.

While it is normal and understandable not to have any sympathy for anyone caught carrying drugs,it surely is heart rending to see two young girls,barely out of their teens,both naive,dazzled by the promise of easy money and without adequate experience of life to realise the full horrors of drug abuse,ruin their young lives.Meanwhile glamorous tv chefs can apparently use drugs for years without any sanctions apparently.

Who's theory is this then?

As for glamorous TV Chefs, what about footballers:

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on December 19, 2013, 08:54:53 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2013, 05:47:48 AM
Bemused by the theory that these two will emerge after six years 8 months,and resume a happy normal life of an average mid 20s person,as if nearly 7 years in a horrible dungeon won't leave them emotionally if not physically scarred for life.

While it is normal and understandable not to have any sympathy for anyone caught carrying drugs,it surely is heart rending to see two young girls,barely out of their teens,both naive,dazzled by the promise of easy money and without adequate experience of life to realise the full horrors of drug abuse,ruin their young lives.Meanwhile glamorous tv chefs can apparently use drugs for years without any sanctions apparently.

Who's theory is this then?

As for glamorous TV Chefs, what about footballers:

What a shit hair cut, the line doesn't even go straight ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

angermanagement

There's a bit of difference in Cocaine and a player taking nitrous oxide which is legal after all.

In saying that I'm sure a serious amount of footballers would've been flat out on cocaine overe the years.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 19, 2013, 12:30:29 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2013, 10:48:32 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 11, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
She is a young girl who didn't t realise what she was getting herself into.

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

She and her poor family have years of torture ahead of them

God help them all
That is b@lls, anyone who carries that amount of drugs into South America or out of it know the risks and deserve all they get. those drugs were meant to peddle misery in Europe and make the couriers (and the dealers) a tidy sum. 19 or not you'd want to be pretty stupid not to know that you are risking jail. She is responsible for all her family's pain and misery.
So any opinion, other than one which agrees with yours, is balls. Is that the way it works
Actually no, but what is balls is that she didn't know what she was carrying, the opinion is as valid as the next one.

Applesisapples

Any sympathy I may have had for the family of McCollum has been disappated for me by the instance of the mother and sister that she is innocent...now where have I heard that before...What's that Gerry you weren't what?

Fuzzman

Of course none of us know for sure but we are all entitled to our opinion.
In a lot of these incidents you tend to look at the person's life and see can you build a picture of who they are and how do they live their life. The first thing that hopped out at me was who she seemed to not have her own place but be sponging off guys and living the party life style out in a holiday resort. Of course lots of young people do the same and that's their own choice but I think that sort of lifestyle tends to lead to a lack of self respect and an attitude of getting what you want without having to earn an honest wage for it.
She no doubt is an attractive girl and l would imagine loads of lads would be happy to pay her way for her but maybe she did owe some money and this was a nice little earner that maybe some of her male friends suggested to her. Who knows. I'm totally speculating as I'm sure has been done in earlier pages. I'm sure there are thousands more young girls who live like this and use their good looks to sponge off guys who have a bit of money to spend.
If that persona is accurate of the life she was living then yes she was very naive and immature but by getting caught she sure got the wakeup call that many others never get.
I wonder how this story impacted other possible mules being offered what they thought was a good deal. You would imagine the smarter ones think NO WAY but I would sadly say that there are still probably lots of innocent young girls are stupid enough to believe their bosses that it will all be OK and trust them.

A mate of mine in Belfast who was single about 5 years ago was telling me, it's amazing how many good looking girls that he dated asked him could he not get some coke? He said all they wanted to do was party, go on holiday and spend his money and felt well justified doing that.

T Fearon

If there were no drug users, there'd be no drug traffickers. Without in any way condoning drug trafficking or drug abuse, I just feel sad for their plight, naievety,etc (it's not as if they were John Gilligan ffs). Let's hope other young people learn lessons from this.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 19, 2013, 10:15:52 AM
Any sympathy I may have had for the family of McCollum has been disappated for me by the instance of the mother and sister that she is innocent...now where have I heard that before...What's that Gerry you weren't what?

(and that also goes to the dublin media, who clearly have been leading you by the nose on that particular "hot topic" over the past few weeks)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 19, 2013, 11:33:23 AM
Of course none of us know for sure but we are all entitled to our opinion.
In a lot of these incidents you tend to look at the person's life and see can you build a picture of who they are and how do they live their life. The first thing that hopped out at me was who she seemed to not have her own place but be sponging off guys and living the party life style out in a holiday resort. Of course lots of young people do the same and that's their own choice but I think that sort of lifestyle tends to lead to a lack of self respect and an attitude of getting what you want without having to earn an honest wage for it.
She no doubt is an attractive girl and l would imagine loads of lads would be happy to pay her way for her but maybe she did owe some money and this was a nice little earner that maybe some of her male friends suggested to her. Who knows. I'm totally speculating as I'm sure has been done in earlier pages. I'm sure there are thousands more young girls who live like this and use their good looks to sponge off guys who have a bit of money to spend.
If that persona is accurate of the life she was living then yes she was very naive and immature but by getting caught she sure got the wakeup call that many others never get.
I wonder how this story impacted other possible mules being offered what they thought was a good deal. You would imagine the smarter ones think NO WAY but I would sadly say that there are still probably lots of innocent young girls are stupid enough to believe their bosses that it will all be OK and trust them.

A mate of mine in Belfast who was single about 5 years ago was telling me, it's amazing how many good looking girls that he dated asked him could he not get some coke? He said all they wanted to do was party, go on holiday and spend his money and felt well justified doing that.

The girl from this island is far from attractive.  I'd even go for the Scottish doll before her.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 19, 2013, 11:48:57 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 19, 2013, 10:15:52 AM

(and that also goes to the dublin media, who clearly have been leading you by the nose on that particular "hot topic" over the past few weeks)
Would that be the peace bridge?

Jeepers Creepers

So the conclusion from this thread is either,

A) Send them down for how long?
or
B) Which one would I give one to first?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2013, 11:37:00 AM
If there were no drug users, there'd be no drug traffickers. Without in any way condoning drug trafficking or drug abuse, I just feel sad for their plight, naievety,etc (it's not as if they were John Gilligan ffs). Let's hope other young people learn lessons from this.

They also arrest drug users Tony,  no mules no coke, no coke no mules. Have you the same opinion on legal drugs that kill a lot more people but are taxed by the government and make they a lot more money?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fuzzman

I wonder do the cops or drug squad put much effort into following mules back to their suppliers or buyers?
You would imagine they could detect the stuff in luggage and maybe put a tracker into the suitcase or something and then get someone on the other side to track it and catch them.
Or have I been watching too much Homeland?

red hander

If she'd only hidden it in her hair she would have gotten away with it and now be enjoying the delights of Dungannon at Christmas time