So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 18, 2013, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2013, 11:39:35 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 18, 2013, 11:30:18 AM
I find it mad that the general concensus is that these are innoncent victims simply because:

(a)  They have said this and protested their innocence (majority of criminals do) &
(b)  One of the girls is local.

(b) above is the main swayer in terms of peoples mentality here.  If this was two English girls we would be allin no doubt as to their guilt.  As for the 'they didn't know what they were doing' and 'If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved', for the love of god she is 19 not 9.  She has gotten what she deserved and I do feel sorry for her family but the hurt caused to her family is all down to her actions, something that she chose to do.

You were willing to give Lance Armstrong more leeway:

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 24, 2012, 08:49:29 AM
Without knowing a lot about the whole thing, surely the fact that he has been tested so many hundreds of times in his career is testament enough to his innocence, he couldn't have been that good at hiding the substances supposedly in his body.  What exactly have they got, a bunch of known drug cheats claiming that he was one too.  How would that stand up in court, if say for example you were charged with being a drug dealer yet there was no evidence except for 10 convicted drug dealers saying that you were one.

How?  Lance was never caught and if he had been I would have had the same stance as I do towards the Peru 2.  They weren't convicted on whispers, they were found to be in possession of a load of drugs.

you sound like a chap I worked with. He read the Lance book, and because he had invested time reading the thing, he was damn sure he was gonna back Lancey boy all the way, even though deep down he new Lance was doped to his eyeballs

Cold tea

God14

What puzzles me most about this case, is the fact that despite all the TV & press coverage - the light has never been shone on the "Jake" or "Joey" cockney taxi driver who seduced & recruited the girls.

Ibiza is a very small Island, & considering the girls (in particular Melissa Reid) had plastered every single photo of herself & whom she met on social media - including pictures of herself with a convicted criminal - It wouldn't be too difficult for a savvy investigative journalist to track this man down.

muppet

I find it mad that the general concensus is that these are innoncent victims simply because:

(a)  They have said this and protested their innocence (majority of criminals do) &

(b) above is the main swayer in terms of peoples mentality here.  If this was two English girls we would be allin no doubt as to their guilt.  As for the 'they didn't know what they were doing' and 'If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved', for the love of god she is 19 not 9.  She has gotten what she deserved and I do feel sorry for her family but the hurt caused to her family is all down to her actions, something that she chose to do.

Without knowing a lot about the whole thing, surely the fact that he has been tested so many hundreds of times in his career is testament enough to his innocence, he couldn't have been that good at hiding the substances supposedly in his body.  What exactly have they got, a bunch of known drug cheats claiming that he was one too.  How would that stand up in court, if say for example you were charged with being a drug dealer yet there was no evidence except for 10 convicted drug dealers saying that you were one.

How?  Lance was never caught and if he had been I would have had the same stance as I do towards the Peru 2.  They weren't convicted on whispers, they were found to be in possession of a load of drugs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/cycling-lance-armstrong-failed-four-drugs-tests-in-1999-uci-admits-8577491.html
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: God14 on December 18, 2013, 02:59:57 PM
What puzzles me most about this case, is the fact that despite all the TV & press coverage - the light has never been shone on the "Jake" or "Joey" cockney taxi driver who seduced & recruited the girls.

Ibiza is a very small Island, & considering the girls (in particular Melissa Reid) had plastered every single photo of herself & whom she met on social media - including pictures of herself with a convicted criminal - It wouldn't be too difficult for a savvy investigative journalist to track this man down.

That's if there is/was an actual "Jake" or "Joey" cockney taxi driver in the first place ffs. They haven'y been straight from the start and will hardly be straight now, maybe if Banged up abroad choose to do their story in 6 yeras time they may give a different account altogether who knows? Only they do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2013, 03:02:11 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/cycling-lance-armstrong-failed-four-drugs-tests-in-1999-uci-admits-8577491.html

But as far as the world was concerned he was never caught in 1999.  He retired without actually being caught. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JBM on the 21

May not seem it to the girls now but it might be the best thing to happen to them. Lets say they got back to Ibiza with the stuff - their lives continue, going nowhere but down (probably to an inevitable not so happy ending involving drugs and dodgy characters)
This will shock them into growing up and being more aware of their actions  - the advantage they have is they are very young - will be out in their mid twenties (still kids at that age) - hopefully smarter to get their lives back on a proper track.

Feckitt

That Scottish Bird has some tits on her.

muppet

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on December 18, 2013, 03:27:22 PM
May not seem it to the girls now but it might be the best thing to happen to them. Lets say they got back to Ibiza with the stuff - their lives continue, going nowhere but down (probably to an inevitable not so happy ending involving drugs and dodgy characters)
This will shock them into growing up and being more aware of their actions  - the advantage they have is they are very young - will be out in their mid twenties (still kids at that age) - hopefully smarter to get their lives back on a proper track.

Yea it might be a lesson they needed alright. They will probably be home in a couple of years. Hopefully wiser.

As for Lance:

QuoteHe retired without actually being caught.

Yea but he didn't get away with it.
MWWSI 2017

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Cold tea on December 18, 2013, 02:30:23 PM
Quote from: Apparently so on December 18, 2013, 01:34:55 PM
Awful news. Going to be a hard few years for them

God Bless

Slap it up them.
Are you the infamous 5ive Times by any chance?
Careful now

Gaffer

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2013, 10:48:32 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 11, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
She is a young girl who didn't t realise what she was getting herself into.

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

She and her poor family have years of torture ahead of them

God help them all
That is b@lls, anyone who carries that amount of drugs into South America or out of it know the risks and deserve all they get. those drugs were meant to peddle misery in Europe and make the couriers (and the dealers) a tidy sum. 19 or not you'd want to be pretty stupid not to know that you are risking jail. She is responsible for all her family's pain and misery.

Nothing balls about it. Just an opinion. !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dougal Maguire

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

God help them all
That is b@lls, anyone who carries that amount of drugs into South America or out of it know the risks and deserve all they get. those drugs were meant to peddle misery in Europe and make the couriers (and the dealers) a tidy sum. 19 or not you'd want to be pretty stupid not to know that you are risking jail. She is responsible for all her family's pain and misery.
So any opinion, other than one which agrees with yours, is balls. Is that the way it works
Careful now

T Fearon

Bemused by the theory that these two will emerge after six years 8 months,and resume a happy normal life of an average mid 20s person,as if nearly 7 years in a horrible dungeon won't leave them emotionally if not physically scarred for life.

While it is normal and understandable not to have any sympathy for anyone caught carrying drugs,it surely is heart rending to see two young girls,barely out of their teens,both naive,dazzled by the promise of easy money and without adequate experience of life to realise the full horrors of drug abuse,ruin their young lives.Meanwhile glamorous tv chefs can apparently use drugs for years without any sanctions apparently.

CiKe

You seem to be equating using and drug-trafficking Tony. Hardly the same thing. I tend to agree with whoever it was mentioned that if both of them were English, there would be a lot less support. It's sad that anyone gets involved in this sh*t but ultimately no one to blame but themselves.

Cold tea

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 19, 2013, 12:30:29 AM

God help them all
So any opinion, other than one which agrees with yours, is balls. Is that the way it works

Any opinion other than the fact they deserve everything they get is balls, as noted if she was an ugly bitch from Leeds no one here would give a f**k - slap it up their hole.