So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Sea The Stars on December 17, 2013, 09:44:36 PM
You'd have to feel sorry for them. Only young and taken advantage of by the real criminals who should be put behind bars. Hope they are home soon. Must be awful for the two of them.
Well said, although you risk getting lynched by some on this board for daring to feel sorry for the 2 most minor pawns in this multi million pound racket
Careful now

grounded

You'd have to feel sorry for them. Only young and taken advantage of by the real criminals who should be put behind bars. Hope they are home soon. Must be awful for the two of them.

They were young and stupid and now have to pay the price. I don't understand why some people on here are rejoicing in other people's misfortune.

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
Not sure anyone is rejoicing. People just don't feel sorry for them and hope more like them get caught and jailed.

Btw, minor pawns? They didn't just supply the Quakers Oats packaging, they were trafficking drugs - a central role in the world's drug industry.

Maybe, but it would be nice to see the big dog caught for once.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on December 18, 2013, 12:07:05 AM
By 'big dog', you mean the person who makes the most money?

I'm sure these 'silly young girls' could assist the authorities in getting such a catch.

Yes I wan't talking about the convicts.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 17, 2013, 10:49:05 PM
Well said, although you risk getting lynched by some on this board for daring to feel sorry for the 2 most minor pawns in this multi million pound racket

Not lynched but are we really going to feel sorry for every drug pusher/dealer/courier in jail now here in Ireland? They were daft or were they? We know fcuk all about them other than they were trafficing drugs from one country to another
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StephenC

Everyone who will smoke some joints, pop some pills or snort some lines over the coming weeks is complicit in every murder, beating and robbery that is part of the drugs world in Ireland. The people of Ireland are propping up the drugs criminals and they prioritise their own pleasure over the deaths that their habits fuel.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Gaffer on August 11, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
She is a young girl who didn't t realise what she was getting herself into.

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

She and her poor family have years of torture ahead of them

God help them all
That is b@lls, anyone who carries that amount of drugs into South America or out of it know the risks and deserve all they get. those drugs were meant to peddle misery in Europe and make the couriers (and the dealers) a tidy sum. 19 or not you'd want to be pretty stupid not to know that you are risking jail. She is responsible for all her family's pain and misery.

nrico2006

I find it mad that the general concensus is that these are innoncent victims simply because:

(a)  They have said this and protested their innocence (majority of criminals do) &
(b)  One of the girls is local.

(b) above is the main swayer in terms of peoples mentality here.  If this was two English girls we would be allin no doubt as to their guilt.  As for the 'they didn't know what they were doing' and 'If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved', for the love of god she is 19 not 9.  She has gotten what she deserved and I do feel sorry for her family but the hurt caused to her family is all down to her actions, something that she chose to do. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DennistheMenace

I'm somewhere in the middle, they deserved punished without doubt, it's all about risk v reward and they were caught for a paltry sum no doubt. Such a waste really and the real criminals will be sending mules out on daily basis without a second thought.

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 18, 2013, 11:30:18 AM
I find it mad that the general concensus is that these are innoncent victims simply because:

(a)  They have said this and protested their innocence (majority of criminals do) &

(b) above is the main swayer in terms of peoples mentality here.  If this was two English girls we would be allin no doubt as to their guilt.  As for the 'they didn't know what they were doing' and 'If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved', for the love of god she is 19 not 9.  She has gotten what she deserved and I do feel sorry for her family but the hurt caused to her family is all down to her actions, something that she chose to do.

You were willing to give Lance Armstrong more leeway:

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 24, 2012, 08:49:29 AM
Without knowing a lot about the whole thing, surely the fact that he has been tested so many hundreds of times in his career is testament enough to his innocence, he couldn't have been that good at hiding the substances supposedly in his body.  What exactly have they got, a bunch of known drug cheats claiming that he was one too.  How would that stand up in court, if say for example you were charged with being a drug dealer yet there was no evidence except for 10 convicted drug dealers saying that you were one.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StephenC on December 18, 2013, 10:41:24 AM
Everyone who will smoke some joints, pop some pills or snort some lines over the coming weeks is complicit in every murder, beating and robbery that is part of the drugs world in Ireland. The people of Ireland are propping up the drugs criminals and they prioritise their own pleasure over the deaths that their habits fuel.

If it's not being brought in then it's harder to smoke/pop/snort don't you think?

Now in saying that the amount of people who'll die over drink in the coming weeks will be a lot higher than the drugs being used, will we jail owners of off licences? What about pub Landlords? or the Government maybe. Who's next on that list Marlbro.

If you do the crime do the time, very simple in my view, if i get caught speeding or driving over the limit that's my fault no one else and I'll just have to deal with it. If I fly over to Columbia and get drugs to bring them back, get caught should I get the same sympathy as these girls?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2013, 11:39:35 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 18, 2013, 11:30:18 AM

You were willing to give Lance Armstrong more leeway:

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 24, 2012, 08:49:29 AM
Without knowing a lot about the whole thing, surely the fact that he has been tested so many hundreds of times in his career is testament enough to his innocence, he couldn't have been that good at hiding the substances supposedly in his body.  What exactly have they got, a bunch of known drug cheats claiming that he was one too.  How would that stand up in court, if say for example you were charged with being a drug dealer yet there was no evidence except for 10 convicted drug dealers saying that you were one.

How?  Lance was never caught and if he had been I would have had the same stance as I do towards the Peru 2.  They weren't convicted on whispers, they were found to be in possession of a load of drugs. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

give her dixie

It's long past the time that a sensible approach to legalizing some drugs, especially marijuana, should be looked at. Last week Uruguay legalized pot  and the government will regulate the sale and distribution. states like Washington and Colorado have also taken the same route, and 17 other states have legalized it's use for medical purposes.

Once it is regulated, you do away with the criminal gangs who profit so much and send young girls like these 2 to be their couriers. Sadly though, it takes responsible politicians to lead this change, but they are too busy been wooed by big pharma companies who will do all in their power to stop this change taking place.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Arthur_Friend

It's clubbers who are forced to snort these girls' evil wares that I feel sorry for.

Apparently so

Awful news. Going to be a hard few years for them

God Bless