So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

How about we ban Britain and USA? Between both they've killed more innocent people than Hiltler, Stalin and cocaine put together!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: southdown on August 15, 2013, 02:03:19 PM
Youtube that Banged Up Abroad in Peru, watched it last night and was very interesting.

Read the article in the Irish Mail on Sunday and then decided to watch banged up abroad show above - looks like the exact same thing could of happened. Either that or IMoS journalist just copied that story.

I think someone should show the girls this documentary as the only thing they can do now is damage limitation - co operate and get lighter sentences.

I think they may have been going through same emotions as these American girls i.e. okay we were caught but we are still going to go home cause we weren't behind it. They may have came down to earth with a bang by now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 19, 2013, 12:16:03 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 15, 2013, 02:03:19 PM
Youtube that Banged Up Abroad in Peru, watched it last night and was very interesting.

Read the article in the Irish Mail on Sunday and then decided to watch banged up abroad show above - looks like the exact same thing could of happened. Either that or IMoS journalist just copied that story.

I think someone should show the girls this documentary as the only thing they can do now is damage limitation - co operate and get lighter sentences.

I think they may have been going through same emotions as these American girls i.e. okay we were caught but we are still going to go home cause we weren't behind it. They may have came down to earth with a bang by now.
There was a woman on last night (from the Wee 6 by the sounds of her) who is 2 years into an 8 year stretch in the same jail these girls are destined for. She says they have no option but to plead guilty and reduce their sentence, as like her, they have no obvious means of proving their innocence.

magpie seanie

'It's often men from Liverpool who approach you.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395955/Peru-drugs-How-innicent-Melissa-Reid-Michaella-McCollum-Connolly.html#ixzz2cQ2a5ibH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Scandalous stereotype comment there!

haveaharp

Quote from: under the bar on August 18, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
How about we ban Britain and USA? Between both they've killed more innocent people than Hiltler, Stalin and cocaine put together!

And everywhere the brits go there is a paddy in tow. Nothing as sure as shite.

supersub

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 15, 2013, 02:01:04 PM
Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2013, 01:51:40 PM
Have to laugh at all the experts in here who seem to know exactly how the Peruvian law, justice system, drug lords etc work. No one has a clue really and it is all second guessing. One person claiming the Peruvian police are the best in South America and are on huge wages to justify it, then others saying it is completely corrupt. We are all reading and getting info from the same places on this matter, no one really knows more than the next.

Aye, but if we only posted on matters that we're genuinely expert on, most of us wouldn't reach 10 posts.

Indeed but the fact one person is claiming it is one of the best justice systems etc and another saying it is the most corrupt....bit of a difference there.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersub on August 20, 2013, 01:45:19 PM
Have to laugh at all the experts in here who seem to know exactly how the Peruvian law, justice system, drug lords etc work. No one has a clue really and it is all second guessing. One person claiming the Peruvian police are the best in South America and are on huge wages to justify it, then others saying it is completely corrupt. We are all reading and getting info from the same places on this matter, no one really knows more than the next.

Aye, but if we only posted on matters that we're genuinely expert on, most of us wouldn't reach 10 posts.

Indeed but the fact one person is claiming it is one of the best justice systems etc and another saying it is the most corrupt....bit of a difference there.

All I would say about my position and on the corruption involved in the Peruvian system is that I have a good friend who owns a Trading company in Lima and he told me that the cops are corrupt as f**k.  Also I stated about the girls being set up to allow drugs to flow through with other mules,  I know from informed sources dealing with similar cases that this is the type of thing that happens.  What I know is not gleaned from on-line reporting or from talking to a fella down the pub.

Milltown Row2

Heard the Madden guy on today saying she didn't have the drugs or something along those lines, would they ever just own up already!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

guy crouchback

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 20, 2013, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: supersub on August 20, 2013, 01:45:19 PM

All I would say about my position and on the corruption involved in the Peruvian system is that I have a good friend who owns a Trading company in Lima and he told me that the cops are corrupt as f**k.  Also I stated about the girls being set up to allow drugs to flow through with other mules,  I know from informed sources dealing with similar cases that this is the type of thing that happens.  What I know is not gleaned from on-line reporting or from talking to a fella down the pub.

fair enough, but it does not in any way take away from the reality that they were in the process of smuggling drugs, it just explains why they were caught.
if the police were not corrupt or they were not the Patsys then maybe they would have gotten away with it, or maybe not, who knows.
they were still drug smugglers (bad drug smugglers obviously) who got caught smuggling drugs.

Milltown Row2

They are off to court now, should be interesting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BallyhaiseMan

Allow me per usual to lower the tone of the thread,
She is a lovely bit of stuff, does she have any GAA connections??

Lecale2

BBC Reporting - Two women from the UK arrested in Peru on suspicion of drug smuggling have been charged and face a maximum sentence of 15 years if convicted.

Milltown Row2

This say's it all

"police do not believe the girls' story, and prosecutors are thought to want them to serve the maximum prison term after becoming frustrated with their version of events"

Change the story girls, bad advice from their legal team if you ask me

No Soloing

I think from the outset they should try and work on serving their sentence back home. Make a deal that if they plead guilty and co-operate fully they should be allowed to serve time in the UK instead.
They could argue that if they provide info on the gang that is involved they wouldnt be safe in a Peruvian jail. If they can be transferred back to the UK they would be safe from any retribution and so could provide as much information as possible.

There is a prisoner transfer agreement between UK & Peru - dont know if there is one between Ireland & Peru - but the girl from Dungannon counts as a British citizen for this purpose anyway.

I think a big shot like Peter Madden should be able to see if there is any possibility in this.

Christmas Lights

Probably shouldnt judge where she is from but Dungannon wouldnt exactly be a drugs free zone if you know what I mean...................