So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2013, 02:20:15 PM
Good to see they're "resigned" to a jail sentence. That shows a maturity beyond the years they'll be banged up for.

I think they'll have a book and film out of this, defo a banged up "broad" ;) show

Jenifer Lopez will be looking to get in on this, Brazil to Morocco, London to Ibiza straight to LA back to New York, Vegas to Africa staight to Lima!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Quote from: ranch on August 15, 2013, 12:24:42 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 14, 2013, 12:56:26 AM
Ok Ranch just lock them up and throw away the key, eh?

If they're guilty and were foolish enough to commit the crime then yeah, fair enough. What do you want, an Irish/British boycott of Peruvian goods?

No thought for a defence whatsoever considering their age

They're adults. Age wasn't a worthwhile defence for the killers of James Bulger, I doubt you wanted the same leniency shown to them as you do for these two ladies?

Just let them suffer in living hell for the next 10 years or so while multiple murderers live in luxury in a so called jail in your own country without protest from you despite the fact you are paying for it through your taxes?

So you're complaining that these ladies may have to suffer in a Peruvian prison yet you're also giving off about the "luxury" of our own prisons. Make your mind up, you either want one or the other?

I have made my mind up. Re-read my previous posts and it ll be clear.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

All of a Sludden

Quote from: give her dixie on August 15, 2013, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 15, 2013, 12:06:55 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 15, 2013, 09:48:42 AM
I spent a month in Peru a few years back, and going by what I was told by hostel and hotel owners,
every level of police and customs are corrupt. The advice they give out to travellers is to carry a seperate amount
of cash in order to bribe a policeman if caught doing something petty. I heard plenty of stories of people
who were able to bribe cops with anything from 10 to 100 dollars.

Needless to say, a hundred dollars wouldn't have helped these girls, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me if they
were set up to get caught in order to allow a bigger shipment to go through. After all, the stash they had would only
be worth a few thousand to the local suppliers, and well worth the sacrifice.

Alcohol and tobacco kill way more people than illegal drugs do, yet they are legal and people caught smuggling
either never seem to spend any time in prison or have a social stigma attached to them. The sooner certain drugs
are legalized the better.

This case will run for a while and hopefully the truth will come out, and until then, we have no idea what happened.
Both sets of families are going through hell right now, and I for one can only feel for them.

As bad as the case is, they didn't kill anyone, and they were not carrying bombs or guns.

Girl from Dungannon gets caught with a large amount of cocaine, a highly addictive, illegal drug. Man from Dungannon has a list of excuses as long as your arm and tries to compare cocaine to alcohol and tobacco.

I think we are seeing a pattern here.

Sludden, not making any excuses, just trying to shed some light on facts.

In the UK over 100,000 deaths per year are directly linked to alcohol and tobacco, whereas roughly 2,500 people
die from illegal drug use. the majority of those from heroin overdoses.

Several studies have found that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine.

But hey, don't lets facts get in the way.......

Cocaine, heroin et al are illegal here in Ireland, the UK and even in places like Peru and Colombia.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

give her dixie

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 15, 2013, 04:11:55 PM
I spent a month in Peru a few years back, and going by what I was told by hostel and hotel owners,
every level of police and customs are corrupt. The advice they give out to travellers is to carry a seperate amount
of cash in order to bribe a policeman if caught doing something petty. I heard plenty of stories of people

Needless to say, a hundred dollars wouldn't have helped these girls, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me if they
were set up to get caught in order to allow a bigger shipment to go through. After all, the stash they had would only

Alcohol and tobacco kill way more people than illegal drugs do, yet they are legal and people caught smuggling
either never seem to spend any time in prison or have a social stigma attached to them. The sooner certain drugs

This case will run for a while and hopefully the truth will come out, and until then, we have no idea what happened.
Both sets of families are going through hell right now, and I for one can only feel for them.

As bad as the case is, they didn't kill anyone, and they were not carrying bombs or guns.

Girl from Dungannon gets caught with a large amount of cocaine, a highly addictive, illegal drug. Man from Dungannon has a list of excuses as long as your arm and tries to compare cocaine to alcohol and tobacco.

In the UK over 100,000 deaths per year are directly linked to alcohol and tobacco, whereas roughly 2,500 people

Cocaine, heroin et al are illegal here in Ireland, the UK and even in places like Peru and Colombia.

[/quot

Where did I say they were not illegal?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

All of a Sludden

Peter Madden should tell her that You Can't Hurry (Peruvian justice) Love and it will be more than just One More Night in the cells for them and far from Just Another Day In Paradise. It's Against All Odds that Mama will be able to help much and whatever the out come they had best hope that they don't feel anything In The Air Tonight as it could be an Easy Lover interested in showing them a new Groovy Kind Of Love between Two Hearts. They had also best be aware that they are likely to find themselves living Separate Lives as the authorities put them into different parts of the prison

All of a Sludden

Quote from: give her dixie on August 15, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

You are comparing them to other legal drugs, which is a whole different argument.

As it stands, prettly little Ms Dungannon has been caught with a suitcase full of Peruvian powder and is facing a long period behind bars. I fail to see how anyone can come on here and make excuses for her.

give her dixie

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 15, 2013, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 15, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

You are comparing them to other legal drugs, which is a whole different argument.

As it stands, prettly little Ms Dungannon has been caught with a suitcase full of Peruvian powder and is facing a long period behind bars. I fail to see how anyone can come on here and make excuses for her.

I think if you re read my posts you will not find me making any excuses for her.

Lecale2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 17, 2013, 09:35:12 AM
I see the Spanish police aren't impressed with their story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23737272

I think once they get the CCTV pictures from the airports and eye witness reports we'll get a better picture, will the Spanish police get involved now that they claimed they were kidnapped from Spain?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2013, 01:10:19 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 17, 2013, 09:35:12 AM
I see the Spanish police aren't impressed with their story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23737272

I think once they get the CCTV pictures from the airports and eye witness reports we'll get a better picture, will the Spanish police get involved now that they claimed they were kidnapped from Spain?

Looks like the Scottish girl was quite the party girl before she went travelling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395955/Peru-drugs-How-innicent-Melissa-Reid-Michaella-McCollum-Connolly.html

Cold tea

Bored listening and reading about these two, you reap what you sow.

ranch

]]

And if illegal drugs were suddenly legalised don't you think the deaths per year due to using them would increase rapidly? Of course they would.

give her dixie

Quote from: ranch on August 17, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

]]

And if illegal drugs were suddenly legalised don't you think the deaths per year due to using them would increase rapidly? Of course they would.

Or another way to look at it would be: 

How many lives would be saved if alcohol and tobacco was banned?

ranch

Quote from: give her dixie on August 18, 2013, 12:28:06 AM
Quote from: ranch on August 17, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

]]

Or another way to look at it would be: 

How many lives would be saved if alcohol and tobacco was banned?

Indeed. But that further highlights how pointless it was to compare the deaths per year arising from alcohol and cocaine use.

Lecale2

Silly argument. We all know alcohol is not going to be banned. You may as well discuss banning all cars from the roads to cut road deaths.