So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 07:06:34 AM
Footage released now of the pair of them when they were arrested. If you look closely on 50secs (just after Melissa Reid claims she was forced to take the drugs) she says something under her breath to Michaella.
I think she says "what else could I say?"

link to the video here
http://www.newstalk.ie/VIDEO:-Drug-trafficaccused-pair-seen-in-airport-film

Watched the vid and and can't see where she whispers that?

tintin25

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 04:52:23 PM
There's more developments this evening.

It seems the girls are claiming that they were kidnapped at gunpoint by a Columbian gang, taken to Morocco for a spell, before travelling to Peru and been forced to transport the Cocaine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/peru-drugs-arrest-brits-held-2161325?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I smell bulls@@t!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: give her dixie on August 13, 2013, 06:09:04 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/michaellas-lawyer-says-family-are-confident-she-will-be-proven-innocent-29496212.html

Michaella's lawyer says family are confident she will be proven innocent

Well that's it sorted......... What lawyer is going to say any different? 

Having watched those banged up abroad shows over the years it's very telling that they they all follow the same pattern. They all know what they are getting themselves into, they believe that it's only going to be a small amount and everything is wired off with the airport staff, that the worse thing that can happen is a year in jail and they will get a great sum of money. Reality is very different, I doubt very much they will have been kidnapped (my view just).

Horrible situation for all involved. Tough lesson
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

God14

Quote from: ranch on August 13, 2013, 05:51:29 PM
Footage released now of the pair of them when they were arrested. If you look closely on 50secs (just after Melissa Reid claims she was forced to take the drugs) she says something under her breath to Michaella.

link to the video here

Sorry I linked the wrong vid. http://shar.es/yE0ig
56 seconds

ranch

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

link to the video here

56 seconds

Mmm, hard to know what it is she's saying but you may be right. Despite what some on here might say I don't buy into this idea that they were two vulnerable girls etc, etc. Anybody their age knows the consequences of what they were doing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on August 13, 2013, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 02:53:11 AM
Some awful sanctimonious c*nts on here. Granted she was doing wrong and drugs ruin a lot of lives but what would you say if your sister had gotten herself tangled up in something like this?? F*ck her, good enough for her?

Sounds like she got involved in something way above her head (maybe running up debts herself?) and was then forced into doing this to get herself out of it.

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they're not much better in Peru.

I'd say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

What are you babbling on about. If she was running up debts she could have always went home to Belfast and explained to her family she was low in funds.

::) Babbling?

How very observant of you, yes she could have rang home for the money - the fact that she wasn't smart enough to do this means she should spend the next 10 years in a Peruvian prison? It's amazing how some people appear to have no sense of empathy

At 20 years of age, what kid is going to phone home and ask for money for a drug debt?

Yet this is all very idle speculation, one thing is for certain that two more young lives and that of their families have been wrecked by the drug trade. Think they are to be pitied rather than vilified.
??? Smuggling drugs from S. America is a much more sensible option. No doubt a couple of airheads that got caught up in the party lifestyle and the promise of easy money. A lot of misplaced sympathy because she is local and young (although seemingly old enough to work in Ibiza). They shouldn't be treated any differently from any common or garden smuggler - if proven guilty.

ziggysego

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

link to the video here

56 seconds

Hard to know what she's saying here, but I really doubt she is a stupid as you say, to say that in a police recording interview.
Testing Accessibility

God14

Ziggy I don't think she is aware it's been recorded and they are having lingo problems. She reckons they don't understand her.

ranch

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 07:35:39 PM
Ziggy I don't think she is aware it's been recorded and they are having lingo problems. She reckons they don't understand her.

I still wouldn't be sure she's saying what you think either.

GAA_Talk

What exactly were they (either the girls or the whoever else) thinking anyway? That they actually had some sort of chance of smuggling that amount of cocaine through an airport in food containers? 11 bags of sugar would hardly go unnoticed in a persons luggage at any airport/docks/boarding crossing anywhere in the world never mind Peru!! Plus quakers is clean rotten!! Nobody would be taking that much home with them. Seriously though does this sort of thing, as in the sheer quantity, get discovered much at airports? Baffled as to how the people behind this thought it would work...

bridgegael

chances are there was someone coming behind them with even more coke.  these girls were just used as patsys to take the fall.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Milltown Row2

They more or less got screwed I'd say, the dogs picked up the scent long before they got to the check in part.

The strange thing about the video was that they looked relaxed, I'd have been shitting myself, bloodshot eyes from crying with the realization of being caught!! So, do they think that they will get off as the story they are saying is true and it will work out? Or was this a planned excuse they had conjured up in the event of being caught?

Once the police find out how they got into the country, (the local touts tell them the whole story) I think then we will get a better picture of what happened, or I suppose we wait for ten years and it's on the show "Banged up abroad"  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GAA_Talk

Quote from: bridgegael on August 13, 2013, 08:11:18 PM
chances are there was someone coming behind them with even more coke.  these girls were just used as patsys to take the fall.

Yeah the papers had been reporting that that could well be the case and that these sort of situations are a win win for everyone, apart from the mules of course.

macdanger2

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 05:13:38 PM
Why would you let her off because she is 20 and good looking. State of the Prisons in Peru are the reality of going to a very Poor County like Peru where Drug arrests are massive.
The prisons conditions are not as bad for Females as Males.
Feel for her family but somebody getting caught up in Drugs I wouldn't have much time for.

Who said anything about letting her off?? You're starting to babble now rodders   ::)

It's a sad situation for her & her family and I'm amazed at the apparently smug attitude of some people