Ricey Retires

Started by Nally Stand, October 30, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: Tubberman on October 31, 2012, 08:48:41 AM
Quote from: cadence on October 31, 2012, 08:32:46 AM
class act.

He had some 'qualities', but not an ounce of class in the man.

yeah, well, y'know that's just, like, ah, your opinion man.

Hoof Hearted

in his hey-day he would have been the present day Luis Suarez of the GAA
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Íseal agus crua isteach a

One of the all time greats. Was hoping he would give it one more year because I have a feeling that Tyrone won't be too far away.

5 Sams

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 31, 2012, 09:15:52 PM
in his hey-day he would have been the present day Luis Suarez of the GAA

Thats a bit harsh on Suarez Hoof :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Aaron Boone

He'd be a type that could do well in management.

Wildweasel74

Decent enough footballer, but no class and will not be missed, brought all that is wrong, into the game, spent more time talking to the oppostion instead of playing football. Ricey along with Paul Donnelly (of boot throwing fame) is the reason so many football supporters have a dislike for Tyrone. I have time for S O`Neill, Cavanagh, etc but not for ricey. Got lucky that he came about when Tyrone had so had good players

BennyHarp

When Ricey is at home counting his three all Ireland medals, I'm sure he'll be gutted that Wildweasel74 had no time for him.
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

Just 3, sure  Darragh O`Shea counting his 5, not too worried sitting at home either. Again not the most civil of players but one who i would have time for.

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 31, 2012, 10:01:18 PM
When Ricey is at home counting his three all Ireland medals, I'm sure he'll be gutted that Wildweasel74 had no time for him.

How many goes will it take him? ;-)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

machaman

Goodbye and good riddance. Pure unadulterated tr**p on the GAA field. What he did on McEntee in particular shows how much he thought of himself, others, his teammates and the GAA. Goodnight sleep tight.

EC Unique

I would say he is having a right laugh at some of the comments on this thread. A degree of satisfaction seeing he can still wind people up. (mostly Armagh muppets it seems).

BallyhaiseMan

A terrific footballer and a key member of the great Tyrone teams of the noughties.
Some of you lot need to take a long hard look at yourselves.
McMenamin has been called a tr**p(on a number of occasions), an animal, and a gypsy  all on this thread.
Why don't all of you lads who see fit  to use such words to describe him, show some testicular fortitude and put forward your full name, club and county to back up your posts.

Wildweasel74

well if he was a muppet we go with animal!!

moysider

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 31, 2012, 11:08:50 AM
A gallery of some of his moments...........

Edited for the sake of the children.

He will be missed!

What happened the swastika tattoo on his forehead?

Oops sorry!

Got this mixed up with the ' Free Charlie Manson' thread.

I actually would have the height of time for 'Ricey' and I wish him all the best. He wasn t the biggest lad and if he was so bad I m sure other s had the opportunity to put him in his place. Wouldn t annoy me as much as many 'respected' whinny types out there.

When he first appeared on Tyrone senior team I remember him as being a very good attacking wing back, and it looked his normal game. The fact that he made such a good job of becoming a nasty marker was a brilliant reinvention.

Like it or lump it he was as important to Tyrone as much as their 'important' players. Mickey Harte knew that.

Redhand Santa

I'm still convinced he didn't deliberately spit on o'se. A still picture can be very misleading.