USFC Qtr Final - Armagh V Down - Athletic Grounds 28th May 7:30pm

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orchard 8195

Quote from: mackers on May 17, 2011, 10:56:08 AM
Armagh beat Westmeath 2.14 to 0.10 on Sunday.
Who showed up well? Heard Murtagh had an impressive cameo!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Leo on May 17, 2011, 09:25:21 PM
The anxiety of Armagh to claim some territory in the county town of Down smacks of an inferiorty complex suitable to the one_in_a_row brigade.
Surely Downpatrick is the county town? No?

mackers

Quote from: orchard 8195 on May 17, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Quote from: mackers on May 17, 2011, 10:56:08 AM
Armagh beat Westmeath 2.14 to 0.10 on Sunday.
Who showed up well? Heard Murtagh had an impressive cameo!!
Only thing I heard was that Johnny Murtagh scored 2-2.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

snoopdog

Danny Hughes speaking out today on the stupidity of the Ulster councils great idea of going head to head with the Champions League final.
seems everyone else has the cop on but the ulster council.

PAULD123

There is still time to move it. I wish they would be brave enough to admit their mistake. The president of their organisation and now a player who will be on the field in the, match along with many other people have called for a time change. I am hoping that the Ulster Council see sense by this weekend and move the date. I'm sure BBC2 don't want to go head to head with the champion's league final

naka

Quote from: here comes 6 on May 17, 2011, 10:41:50 PM
Quote from: naka on May 17, 2011, 10:30:54 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 17, 2011, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: naka on May 17, 2011, 11:07:56 AM
Is David mc kenna from cross still on the panel?

Yeah
Does he have a chance of starting against our mourne friends
We are no friends of yours so you should retract that statement NAKA

Now now now that's not the way to treat neighbours sure didn't I sympathise with 5sams last September in Croke park after a great days football when you lost your proud record of finals.

swagger

riiiiiiiiiite

Real1995

Rumours circulating that the Down Co Board presented the Queen with their new jersey today in croker!
Nice guys always finish second!

armaghniac

Quotefinally a player has commented on the ulster councils arrogance...

what about the arrogance of a player who wants games scheduled so that he and his mates can watch TV?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

swagger

Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2011, 06:43:15 PM

what about the arrogance of a player who wants games scheduled so that he and his mates can watch TV?

Half the country want to watch the game on tv with his mates, including me. Why not play the game on sunday night, with it being a bank holiday weekend, everybody wins!
riiiiiiiiiite

lfdown2

Quote from: swagger on May 18, 2011, 07:14:52 PM

Half the country want to watch the game on tv with his mates, including me. Why not play the game on sunday night, with it being a bank holiday weekend, everybody wins!

Can we give up on this? Or should we just postpone the Championship until June or July until the premiership is over? Sure we can cancel the whole thing and make do with the league if the world cup is on that year. Simple decision, if you want to see a game in Wembley stay at home and watch it on TV, if not show up at the athletic grounds.

It's not an international bank holiday on Monday!

ExiledGael

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 18, 2011, 10:50:41 PM

Can we give up on this? Or should we just postpone the Championship until June or July until the premiership is over? Sure we can cancel the whole thing and make do with the league if the world cup is on that year. Simple decision, if you want to see a game in Wembley stay at home and watch it on TV, if not show up at the athletic grounds.

Rubbish. This game should be a sell out. This ignorant decision means it will, at least in part, be another embarrassment for the GAA.
Wasn't it said that the definition of a fool os someone who keeps doing the same thing expecting different results. We've been here before, I was one of the thousands in the pubs of Clones in 2002 with a match going on up the road. (If it had been my county playing I would have been in the ground BTW).

orchard 8195

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 18, 2011, 10:50:41 PM

I agree get over it 2 fluck. The match time is not going to change now. UP THE ORCHARD!!!

Applesisapples

I for one am glad it isn't being moved...Less people to see us getting stuffed by Down!! ;)

snoopdog

The ulster council are notorious bell ends they wont change it.
Remember these are the same idots that have the Ulster Final on the 17th July giving the runners up in Ulster 5 days to prepare for the qualifiers.
They are fools and deserve to fall on their faces next weekend.