Where have the new rules gone now?

Started by samwin08, December 16, 2010, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

Having watched many provincial club games recently, I just wonder what has happend to the new rules, namely the hand pass and yellow/red card offences and of course the old rule  of taking the free kick from the exact spot.

Either the players have learned to adapt, the referees have adapted or  players and referees ignore the above rules.
As usual the players and referees who were involved in games form January to June got a very raw deal.
Just my opinion.

supersub

I think the only one that has stuck properly is the one that makes the least difference, not breaking the line when taking a sideline ball! Seems to get pulled up most of the time - probably because of the linesmen more than referee!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: samwin08 on December 16, 2010, 12:26:47 PM
Having watched many provincial club games recently, I just wonder what has happend to the new rules, namely the hand pass and yellow/red card offences and of course the old rule  of taking the free kick from the exact spot.

Either the players have learned to adapt, the referees have adapted or  players and referees ignore the above rules.
As usual the players and referees who were involved in games form January to June got a very raw deal.
Just my opinion.
sensible refereeing coming to the fore i'd say !!