Electric Picnic

Started by liihb, August 03, 2010, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liihb

Well folks, making my first ever trip to EP, and my first ever festival this year, line up was too good not to go.....staying in a podpad, anyone been before and if so any suggestions??
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Maguire01

This will be my fifth year. Deadly festival.

Never beat the deeler

Never been to EP, and havent heard the full lineup, but I hear Mumford and Modest Mouse are playing - two excellent bands.

Would definitely go if I was in the country
Hasta la victoria siempre

boojangles

Quote from: liihb on August 03, 2010, 03:55:24 PM
Well folks, making my first ever trip to EP, and my first ever festival this year, line up was too good not to go.....staying in a podpad, anyone been before and if so any suggestions??

Going for my 5th year, hopefully. Superb wkend. Offers so much more than Oxygen. When the bands finish head out into the forest where you could find anything from djs to samba bands to a circus. The party never stops. Well maybe about 5 or 6 am but bring an ipod and speakers and that will fill the gap.
Also look out for the big Red Double decker bus,great spot if your struggling a wee bit. Serves food and coffee etc, catch a wee nap upstairs and your good to go again. Doesn't close the whole wkend.

give her dixie

Heading back for my 5th year as well.
It is my summer holiday every year, with just so much to do and see over the weekend.

This year I have managed to organise George Galloway to attend, and he will be doing 2 shows in the Levitan arena.
At 7 30 on Saturday he will chair a discussion and debate on the Middle East, and on Sunday afternoon, will discuss
Irish Neutrality.

So, if anyone is around for that, come along and sure we can meet up for a mini GAA Board Picnic......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

small white mayoman

how much are the tickets for electric picnis and when is it on?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Massey-135

heading myself for the first time. looking forward to seeing paul brady, and i'm sure the mindfield tent will be good value

Maguire01

small white mayoman

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 05, 2010, 07:36:33 PM
Quote from: small white mayoman on August 05, 2010, 11:21:31 AM
www.electricpicnic.ie

thanks,  :o :o :o 240 for a ticket per person and no choice to buy a ticket for one of the days ,seems a bit steep considering there is a recession
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

under the bar

Quoteseems a bit steep considering there is a recession

WTF would a recession mean to bone-idle students and layabout hippies?

Maguire01

Quote from: under the bar on August 06, 2010, 12:41:49 PM

You're clearly not familiar with the demographic of Electric Picnic's audience. The average punter would be 30 and working.

Maguire01

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 06, 2010, 12:26:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 05, 2010, 07:36:33 PM
Quote from: small white mayoman on August 05, 2010, 11:21:31 AM
www.electricpicnic.ie

thanks,  :o :o :o 240 for a ticket per person and no choice to buy a ticket for one of the days ,seems a bit steep considering there is a recession
The lack of a day ticket is done on purpose. Glastonbury is the same. People don't go to Electric Picnic to see a headliner and the days individual acts are playing isn't announced until just before the festival.

ross4life

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 06, 2010, 07:00:31 PM

You're clearly not familiar with the demographic of Electric Picnic's audience. The average punter would be 30 and working.

TBH 240 is a bit Steep, i went to Download music festival in Donnington in June was 160 for 3 days, Pod/Aiken promotions rip off the irish fan's
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Louth Exile

I'm going to be shot down for this (I know beforehand) and I'm the ripe old age of 34, but I think Oxegen is better organised and stronger line ups for the last two years!! EP is overhyped.

Still, if I could afford to stay in a podpad I think I might have a different attitude to it.  :D

I went to both last year and thougt the organisation of Oxegen was way better!!

Still, would absolutely love to see the Frames gig in Stradbally this year, it promises to be epic. Would also like to see Mumford and Sons and Fight Like Apes.

For anyone looking to watch the hurling final there is a top notch GAA pub in the village, down near the far end on the left, can't remember the name of course! It has a small car park just before you come to it. Get in early and get a good spot in the Bar and you'll be sorted for some quality stout before head for music.  :)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maguire01

Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2010, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 06, 2010, 07:00:31 PM

TBH 240 is a bit Steep, i went to Download music festival in Donnington in June was 160 for 3 days, Pod/Aiken promotions rip off the irish fan's
Yes, €240 is expensive - and it is likely to be affected by the recession - that was my point.