Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

clones has a new pitch  only laid this spring

Orior

Quote from: Logan on May 16, 2010, 09:24:23 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
What's the Grimley factor?

You're serious?

I'll give Main Street the benefit of the doubt. Grimley was part of the 2002 AI winning management team. He has since applied for manager of Armagh twice and was rejected both times. So no hard feelings.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Sure aren't Armagh on a roll these days?

Re match location,
The Marshes would do rightly, plenty of seats, space enough for a good crowd and in a handier location.

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 09:59:42 PM
Why not bring it to Inniskeen? ::)

now you are being ridiculous hardstation, people won't be able to find the pitch  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 09:59:42 PM
Why not bring it to Inniskeen? ::)
We've played Armagh there once ready this year.

Why is the Athletics Grounds closed again so soon?

mackers

Casement is a shithole.
Armagh must be desperate.

The Grimley factor will be what the media will jump on and will fill a few pages on here but I'm looking forward to Stevie vs. Dessie Mone........Stevie has some unfinished business......will be worth the admission alone.
MS, what do you expect Armagh to do? Give you home advantage? Athletic Grounds closed for the erection of a new stand.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Maguire01

Quote from: mackers on May 16, 2010, 11:45:04 PM
MS, what do you expect Armagh to do? Give you home advantage?
Over the last 10 years Armagh have probably played more Championship games in Clones than Monaghan. They'd also probably bring 50% or more of the crowd. I'm not sure how much advantage Clones would be for Monaghan.

Personally Casement would be handy for me. Monaghan's last game there was v Derry in 2007 so a repeat result would suit fine.

FarneyMan

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: Cde on May 16, 2010, 09:34:51 PM
clones has a new pitch  only laid this spring
They've tried that before. A bog will always be a bog.

Yes in fairness they did try that before, but only did a half-arsed job............this time they have invested properly and done what should have been done years, they have invested in a Prunty Pitch..............and i have to say it really does look superb..........

mackers

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2010, 11:52:54 PM
MS, what do you expect Armagh to do? Give you home advantage?
Over the last 10 years Armagh have probably played more Championship games in Clones than Monaghan. They'd also probably bring 50% or more of the crowd. I'm not sure how much advantage Clones would be for Monaghan.

Personally Casement would be handy for me. Monaghan's last game there was v Derry in 2007 so a repeat result would suit fine.
Obviously if Armagh were playing anybody other than Monaghan the game would be in Clones, I'd rather have Clones than Casement myself.  I was responding to MS saying Armagh must be desparate to take the game to Casement.

Main Street

Casement is a shithole.

MS, what do you expect Armagh to do? Give you home advantage? Athletic Grounds closed for the erection of a new stand.
Home advantage? I suggested Newry.  I forgot that Newry had gradually slipped into the sphere of Monaghan influence.

mackers

Quote from: Main Street on May 17, 2010, 10:06:14 AM

Casement is a shithole.

Home advantage? I suggested Newry. I forgot that Newry had gradually slipped into the sphere of Monaghan influence.  

It hasn't. ::)
I responded to quote above, I didn't notice your suggestion of Newry. Is that OK?

AFS

Newry would be a traffic catastrophe.

Main Street

Quote from: mackers on May 17, 2010, 10:27:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 17, 2010, 10:06:14 AM

Casement is a shithole.

Home advantage? I suggested Newry. I forgot that Newry had gradually slipped into the sphere of Monaghan influence.  

It hasn't. ::)
I responded to quote above, I didn't notice your suggestion of Newry. Is that OK?
It's okay by me
I don't know if it's okay for you, there are some lingering questions but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I won't hold a grudge, mainly because my memory bank is overfilled with joy and peace.

AFS

Confirmed for Casement according to corn02.

bennydorano

Glad to see it taken away from Clones, Armagh have played there plenty but why give any advantage, no matter how miniscule, to the opposition.

Hard to see this game being anything other than a repeat of yesterday - attritional.  The open spaces of Casement will definitely suit both teams better than the likes of a tight Celtic park.  Maybe we'll see a bit more positive approach from Armagh, but getting a result is still the priority.

Worrying to listen to Ronan clarke on the bbc saying he hoped to be back "sometime during the championship", that sounded long-term to me.

Sorry to give Monaghan the kiss of death, but they were my pre-champ tip for Ulster.