Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: skeog on July 12, 2021, 02:25:51 PM
Good interview by Michelle yesterday she said she was against all wars.

Doesnt everyone say that?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 12, 2021, 02:24:44 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 12, 2021, 01:22:54 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 10, 2021, 12:49:10 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57784074.amp

Does this make Michelle a stoop?
The same Shinners on Twitter who were bombarding colum Eastwood are now lauding this as " leadership"

Robots with serious brass necks

Michelle laid a laurel wreath, and she didn't wear a poppy (an item sold in order to raise funds for ex-British soldiers from all conflicts, including those who "served" here).

Colum, meanwhile:

only matter of time and it will then be called "leadership" by all the Twitter weaklings boke boke boke

So essentially, you're criticising people for what you think they might do in the future? Take a day off ffs!!lol

There is absolutely no difference in what Colum and Michelle did other than Colum tried to deliver an olive branch as mayor in a city where unoinists are in the minority and feel cut adrift(wrongly or rightly), he doesnt run around wearing a poppy any other year and thats my point if hes a stoop well so is Michelle.

You would really need to look at McGuinness and Adams etc meeting and greeting head of paras if you are going down that road

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 02:35:10 PM

The same Shinners on Twitter who were bombarding colum Eastwood are now lauding this as " leadership"

Michelle laid a laurel wreath, and she didn't wear a poppy (an item sold in order to raise funds for ex-British soldiers from all conflicts, including those who "served" here).

Colum, meanwhile:

only matter of time and it will then be called "leadership" by all the Twitter weaklings boke boke boke

So essentially, you're criticising people for what you think they might do in the future? Take a day off ffs!!lol

There is absolutely no difference in what Colum and Michelle did other than Colum tried to deliver an olive branch as mayor in a city where unoinists are in the minority and feel cut adrift(wrongly or rightly), he doesnt run around wearing a poppy any other year and thats my point if hes a stoop well so is Michelle.

You would really need to look at McGuinness and Adams etc meeting and greeting head of paras if you are going down that road

So there's no difference between wearing a poppy (a fundraiser for retired British soldiers) and not wearing one?

You've an awful chip on your shoulder and it's not doing you any favours. When you start attacking SF for things you reckon their supporters might sometime do at some non-specifi point in the future, then you need to just step away form the keyboard and go for a walk.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 12, 2021, 03:00:18 PM

Colum, meanwhile:

So there's no difference between wearing a poppy (a fundraiser for retired British soldiers) and not wearing one?

You've an awful chip on your shoulder and it's not doing you any favours. When you start attacking SF for things you reckon their supporters might sometime do at some non-specifi point in the future, then you need to just step away form the keyboard and go for a walk.

Both were done as acts of reconciliation and leadership, I actually support both which is my point, no point calling people stoops is there? Its not like they wear them every year, id have difficulties with that, please stop with the hypocrisy.  just accept you are again years behind the curve

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 03:24:56 PM

Colum, meanwhile:

Both were done as acts of reconciliation and leadership, I actually support both which is my point, no point calling people stoops is there? Its not like they wear them every year, id have difficulties with that, please stop with the hypocrisy.  just accept you are again years behind the curve
I'm a hypocrite because I think Eastwood/Ritchie were wrong to support a fundraiser for retired british soldiers?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 12, 2021, 10:13:20 PM

Colum, meanwhile:

I'm a hypocrite because I think Eastwood/Ritchie were wrong to support a fundraiser for retired british soldiers?

They must have donated 20p each . Wise up

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 11:34:03 PM

Colum, meanwhile:

Would you, as a Derryman, donate 20p to the retired soldiers who murdered 14 civil rights protesters on Bloody Sunday? Or would you sell your principles for 20p? Do you not think it would be possible for a nationalist politician to show outreach by attending these ceremonies and laying wreaths without having to wear a poppy?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 13, 2021, 09:23:54 AM

Colum, meanwhile:

Would you, as a Derryman, donate 20p to the retired soldiers who murdered 14 civil rights protesters on Bloody Sunday? Or would you sell your principles for 20p? Do you not think it would be possible for a nationalist politician to show outreach by attending these ceremonies and laying wreaths without having to wear a poppy?

Personally no. But I'm not or wasn't mayor.
But I wouldn't as a Derry man be shaking prince Charles hand like Mc Guinness did. Far worse given his association to the paras.

I could start wearing poppy scarves and calling it Londonderry like Mary Lou maybe

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2021, 09:33:32 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 13, 2021, 09:23:54 AM

Colum, meanwhile:

Personally no. But I'm not or wasn't mayor.
But I wouldn't as a Derry man be shaking prince Charles hand like Mc Guinness did. Far worse given his association to the paras.

I could start wearing poppy scarves and calling it Londonderry like Mary Lou maybe
So what you're saying is that beacuse he was Mayor, it only counted as unionist outreach if he wore a poppy?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

[/quote]
So what you're saying is that because he was Mayor, it only counted as unionist outreach if he wore a poppy?
[/quote]

In a town where unionists are in a big minority I assume that was the thinking. It was a gesture i assume more than support for that organisation of for the BA

As a side not, there are 755 people on the memorial, over 50% were nationalist mostly from the poorer areas of city. I have relatives on there myself. Ive had relatives killed whilst serving in BA and killed or injured by the BA stretching from 1916-1972(none closer than cousins and most going back a while now), a reflection of our recent history.

Snapchap

[/quote]
So what you're saying is that because he was Mayor, it only counted as unionist outreach if he wore a poppy?
[/quote]

In a town where unionists are in a big minority I assume that was the thinking. It was a gesture i assume more than support for that organisation of for the BA

As a side not, there are 755 people on the memorial, over 50% were nationalist mostly from the poorer areas of city. I have relatives on there myself. Ive had relatives killed whilst serving in BA and killed or injured by the BA stretching from 1916-1972(none closer than cousins and most going back a while now), a reflection of our recent history.
[/quote]

I'm not challenging their decision to lay wreaths. I'm questioning their decision to wear the poppy. You use the fact that it's in Derry as some sort of justification which is just the absolute height of warped thinking. If there's one town or city in Ireland where it might not be appropriate for nationalist leaders contribute in any way to a fundraiser for retired British soldiers, it would probably be Derry. Again I'll ask, do you think if Colum turned up to lay a wreath without wearing a poppy, that his attendance alone would not have been recgonised as an attempt at unionist outreach?? Of course it would ffs.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not challenging their decision to lay wreaths. I'm questioning their decision to wear the poppy. You use the fact that it's in Derry as some sort of justification which is just the absolute height of warped thinking. If there's one town or city in Ireland where it might not be appropriate for nationalist leaders contribute in any way to a fundraiser for retired British soldiers, it would probably be Derry. Again I'll ask, do you think if Colum turned up to lay a wreath without wearing a poppy, that his attendance alone would not have been recgonised as an attempt at unionist outreach?? Of course it would ffs.
[/quote]

You obviously dont understand Derry and how it has been used for many years as an example of how to treat a unionist minority, SF are also part of that drive along with SDLP.
Of course id prefer if he didnt wear it but its getting a wee bit rich from shinners, they are splitting all the money at a local level here with loyalists, all coming from the british purse, they had loyalist bands(sectarian thugs) on stage at the fleadh(SF pushed that), they pushed a tri-lingual policy as opposed to 2 language at council level(diluted irish language money) and they were the first to suggest attending the war memorial. On top of that Mary Lou called this place Londonderry wore a poppy scarf and Raymond McCartney has been dashing off to Dubaiwith Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer pals. And then there is McGuinness and Prince Charles

Come on. Really

Snapchap

[/quote]

You obviously dont understand Derry and how it has been used for many years as an example of how to treat a unionist minority, SF are also part of that drive along with SDLP.
Of course id prefer if he didnt wear it but its getting a wee bit rich from shinners, they are splitting all the money at a local level here with loyalists, all coming from the british purse, they had loyalist bands(sectarian thugs) on stage at the fleadh(SF pushed that), they pushed a tri-lingual policy as opposed to 2 language at council level(diluted irish language money) and they were the first to suggest attending the war memorial. On top of that Mary Lou called this place Londonderry wore a poppy scarf and Raymond McCartney has been dashing off to Dubaiwith Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer pals. And then there is McGuinness and Prince Charles

Come on. Really
[/quote]

So what it all boils down to is that Colum Eastwood wore a poppy, you think that on balance he shouldn't have, and so you are attacking SF. Again, take a day off!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

[/quote]

Come on. Really
[/quote]

So what it all boils down to is that Colum Eastwood wore a poppy, you think that on balance he shouldn't have, and so you are attacking SF. Again, take a day off!
[/quote]

No. Im calling you and others out for their hypocrisy. Stoops lol, who over mental of 16 even uses that

armaghniac

Who over 16 quotes 15 posts and a photograph in one go FFS?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B