FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on September 01, 2021, 10:29:28 PM
"f**k off to England"

Over a soccer match. f**k me, the absolute state of you.

I know but plenty of lads here think it was fair game. I mean criticize the players or manager tonight - no way but sure telling people to f**k away off who you disagree with -no problem. Slightly worried about that level of insight ,ahem

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 10:37:12 PM
"f**k off to England"

I know but plenty of lads here think it was fair game. I mean criticize the players or manager tonight - no way but sure telling people to f**k away off who you disagree with -no problem. Slightly worried about that level of insight ,ahem

No over being a dick

dublin7

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 10:37:12 PM
"f**k off to England"

Yeah it's headless chicken stuff alright

highorlow

QuoteHe was basically apologizing to Ronaldo when he had to book him at the end, looked very cringe.

Almost as cringe as O'Shea holding his head when boxed on the arm I suppose.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

An Watcher

Didn't expect anything from tonight so absolutely delighted with that performance.  Pity they couldn't hold on but were totally dead on there feet.  Plenty of positives tonight.  Solid defence, Cullen in the middle and Idah up front.  Big Norwich defender was excellent as well.
Seriously not expecting anything from this campaign other than using it to prepare for the euros.  See how the next few games go but Kenny has them trying to play football and he's bringing young boys through.  Keep in going kenny

weareros

Quote from: highorlow on September 01, 2021, 10:57:25 PM
QuoteHe was basically apologizing to Ronaldo when he had to book him at the end, looked very cringe.

Bit more than a box on the arm. The ref gave Irish players yellow for a lot less:

https://twitter.com/intchampionscup/status/1433153939113975813?s=21

snoopdog

Quote from: weareros on September 02, 2021, 12:06:47 AM
Quote from: highorlow on September 01, 2021, 10:57:25 PM

Bit more than a box on the arm. The ref gave Irish players yellow for a lot less:

https://twitter.com/intchampionscup/status/1433153939113975813?s=21
Looked more a flick than a box. Never a red card.

Man Marker

Thats embarrassing for O'Shea as well.

balladmaker

Shambles of a referee, blatant penalty on Connolly, was pretty obvious that the ref. was in awe of Ronaldo, the cringeworthy smile of the ref to him with the yellow card at the end said it all.  He could and should have blown on the 5 min in injury time, but was intent on one more chance for Portugal ... he was probably queuing up for a photo with the world's top international goalscorer afterwards!

mouview

Quote from: balladmaker on September 02, 2021, 11:55:36 AM
Shambles of a referee, blatant penalty on Connolly, was pretty obvious that the ref. was in awe of Ronaldo, the cringeworthy smile of the ref to him with the yellow card at the end said it all.  He could and should have blown on the 5 min in injury time, but was intent on one more chance for Portugal ... he was probably queuing up for a photo with the world's top international goalscorer afterwards!

He's not under any obligation to blow exactly on time, and most refs usually don't when a team is on the attack, as Portugal were. As we wasted a lot of time in the closing stages with restarts, throw-ins, subs etc., we can scarcely complain.

gallsman

"He should have blown on 5 mins of injury time"

Why??? He's under no obligation to. The added time is always referred to as "a minimum of..." They was a VAR check after the 90. If you're crying about 21 seconds you need a long, hard look at yourself.

JoG2

I'm gonna start getting angry at the boys getting angry at the boys for giving out about the ref!

general

Wheres good around lansdowne road for a feed of pints and a bite to eat before the game tues night?

laoislad

Quote from: general on September 03, 2021, 08:33:05 AM
Wheres good around lansdowne road for a feed of pints and a bite to eat before the game tues night?
Paddy Cullens used to be decent . Haven't been there in a few years though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Beggars bush is a great bar. They always have some kind of food before a game. It's not sit down type though - burgers/ hot dogs etc.