Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2021, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 01, 2021, 09:54:12 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2021, 09:49:34 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 01, 2021, 09:47:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2021, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 01, 2021, 09:10:21 PM
Connolly should have had a peno. VAR bottled it, they don't want to upset Portugal.

Explain to me why???

The Portuguese defender backed into Connolly as Connolly was about to strike the ball. It was deliberate and it cost us the match.

I've not seen the game but I want to know why you think they don't want to upset the Portuguese??
Because golden balls had the chance to break the world record and he wanted to be sure it happened on his watch. He gave them a peno for nothing. VAR gave him a chance to right the wrong but he ploughed ahead and gave it anyway. He didn't give us a stonewall peno. He didn't give us a decision all night. He gave them everything. He played a minute extra at the end. In the first half he did the same until we got the ball and then he blew it up. The occasion got to him. He should be sent back to the u12s after that

That argument would be worthy of the schoolyard in the morning but are you really putting it out there in an adult conversation...

Football/sport in general is like that, sometimes the decisions go against you but.to wailing ' wah, golden balls, peno, conspiracy' is pathetic... Balls.ie and the like have a lot to answer for....

I'm sure golden balls could have hung on til the weekend or next week or whenever to break the record...

You didn't even watch it so what argument have you even to put forward.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2021, 10:00:58 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 09:57:55 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2021, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 09:43:49 PM
So predictable.
Much better tonight but it was still headless chicken stuff all too often
Loads of opportunities to relieve the pressure in the second half and we just gave the ball back. Kenny still a tool

Go and support North if that's the only thing you can say after that. Look at the players in each team. Jesus I swear gobshites like you should be deported to uk

Mate the ref being a dick or not Ireland still should have won that match they were causing Portugal all sorts of problems but then sat back for the last 30 mins waiting for the inevitable. Kenny is untouchable as always even though his subs were questionable and too late

I'm not your mate, like I said f**k off to England if you want to slag your own country and call people mate
l

How old are you ffs?
Telling someone to F off over nothing. Wise up and catch yourself on. Try not to bully anyone at school tomorrow.

straightred

Connolly should have had a peno. VAR bottled it, they don't want to upset Portugal.

Explain to me why???

The Portuguese defender backed into Connolly as Connolly was about to strike the ball. It was deliberate and it cost us the match.

I've not seen the game but I want to know why you think they don't want to upset the Portuguese??
Because golden balls had the chance to break the world record and he wanted to be sure it happened on his watch. He gave them a peno for nothing. VAR gave him a chance to right the wrong but he ploughed ahead and gave it anyway. He didn't give us a stonewall peno. He didn't give us a decision all night. He gave them everything. He played a minute extra at the end. In the first half he did the same until we got the ball and then he blew it up. The occasion got to him. He should be sent back to the u12s after that

That argument would be worthy of the schoolyard in the morning but are you really putting it out there in an adult conversation...

Football/sport in general is like that, sometimes the decisions go against you but.to wailing ' wah, golden balls, peno, conspiracy' is pathetic... Balls.ie and the like have a lot to answer for....

I'm sure golden balls could have hung on til the weekend or next week or whenever to break the record...
Condescending p***k.
He could have waited and i'm sure he would have got it fair and square eventually. He didn't need all the help he got tonight. This ref wasn't able for the occasion. I don't think there was enough in the 1st half incident to send him off but he should have at least been booked. The ref was afraid to even do that.

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 10:05:50 PM
So predictable.
Loads of opportunities to relieve the pressure in the second half and we just gave the ball back. Kenny still a tool

Go and support North if that's the only thing you can say after that. Look at the players in each team. Jesus I swear gobshites like you should be deported to uk

Mate the ref being a dick or not Ireland still should have won that match they were causing Portugal all sorts of problems but then sat back for the last 30 mins waiting for the inevitable. Kenny is untouchable as always even though his subs were questionable and too late

I'm not your mate, like I said f**k off to England if you want to slag your own country and call people mate
l

How old are you ffs?
Telling someone to F off over nothing. Wise up and catch yourself on. Try not to bully anyone at school tomorrow.

No bother JohnnyEnglish

dublin7

So predictable.

Portugal are a better side than Ireland and they were always going to dominate possession in the 2nd half. That's what good teams do. Ireland counter attacked really well in the 2nd half and some really gutsy defending.

Disappointing that you'd use that Irish performance to troll everyone else and slag them off

JoG2

Quote from: dublin7 on September 01, 2021, 10:11:51 PM
So predictable.

Portugal are a better side than Ireland and they were always going to dominate possession in the 2nd half. That's what good teams do. Ireland counter attacked really well in the 2nd half and some really gutsy defending.

Disappointing after that you'd use that Irish performance to troll everyone else and slag them off

That's the Internet for you!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2021, 10:07:53 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 10:05:50 PM
So predictable.

l

How old are you ffs?

No bother JohnnyEnglish

🤣

Cunny Funt

That's a tough defeat to take on the chin. Serious effort put, players put their bodies on the line with a number of superb blocks and great performance by 19 year old Gavin Bazunu.

JPGJOHNNYG

So predictable.

Disappointing that you'd use that Irish performance to troll everyone else and slag them off

Who am I trolling? Who am I slagging? I criticized Kenny for the subs. I felt  the team could have shown more composure in the second half when it was clear Portugal were panicking. I'm the one being told to f off and f off to England lol in case you haven't noticed

Boycey

Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2021, 10:03:23 PM

Explain to me why???

My argument would be that the referee might have got every single decision wrong for all I know, thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes. It's unlikely to be because he didn't want to 'upset the Portuguese' or 'let golden balls get the goals on his watch' because well just because 🤷

rodney trotter

He was basically apologizing to Ronaldo when he had to book him at the end, looked very cringe.

straightred

Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2021, 10:22:25 PM

Explain to me why???

My argument would be that the referee might have got every single decision wrong for all I know, thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes. It's unlikely to be because he didn't want to 'upset the Portuguese' or 'let golden balls get the goals on his watch' because well just because 🤷
Go look at the peno he gave them. Look at what happened in the aftermath. Look at what Ronaldo did. Then look at the peno that Connelly didn't get. Its almost impossible to get some many things wrong in the same game but he managed it

dublin7

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 01, 2021, 10:19:45 PM
So predictable.

Who am I trolling? Who am I slagging? I criticized Kenny for the subs. I felt  the team could have shown more composure in the second half when it was clear Portugal were panicking. I'm the one being told to f off and f off to England lol in case you haven't noticed

Headless chicken stuff? Kenny a tool?

My bad that I don't understand your insightful analysis

gallsman

"f**k off to England"

Over a soccer match. f**k me, the absolute state of you.

Boycey

Quote from: straightred on September 01, 2021, 10:26:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2021, 10:22:25 PM

Explain to me why???

Go look at the peno he gave them. Look at what happened in the aftermath. Look at what Ronaldo did. Then look at the peno that Connelly didn't get. Its almost impossible to get some many things wrong in the same game but he managed it

I can't argue with any of what youre saying but I wouldn't watch sport at all if I thought that a high level referee was capable of what you are accusing him of...

Some ya win some ya lose, that's why we love it so much