FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

jaysis, we made hard work of that. draw is on thursday at midday.
nil satis nisi optimum

muppet

Looking forward to seeing Trap starting with either Keane Cox or Long Cox up front.

MWWSI 2017

Bensars

Not looking like being seeded. France Portugal turkey Belgium most likely above.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Declan on October 11, 2011, 08:45:49 PM
Lads we are an absolute shambles. Outplayed by 10 men. Experienced players panicking when we should have closed out the game in a canter.
Quote from: Bensars on October 11, 2011, 08:49:08 PM
Won't qualify. Poor side. 2 gifted goals. No attacking flair. Shots on goal are like hens teeth

Now I know this is the best place to come on to criticize and voice opinions but can a few of us not just be happy that we'v made it to the play offs and possibly the finals next summer.

Come on lads. We can live and dream  :)

AFS

Quote from: Bensars on October 11, 2011, 08:54:51 PM
Not looking like being seeded. France Portugal turkey Belgium most likely above.

Belgium aren't even in the playoffs.

Galwaybhoy

A result is a result.  Its typical Ireland though.  We go to places like Russia, Italy, France etc and come away with a lot more than anyone ever expects us to yet we struggle to outplay less skilled teams such as Armenia and Andorra.

We got two lucky goals but a result is a result and again we find ourselves in the playoffs.  I can't wait for the draw.

laoislad

QuoteNow I know this is the best place to come on to criticize and voice opinions but can a few of us not just be happy that we'v made it to the play offs and possibly the finals next summer.

Some lads would rather spend their time putting Irish soccer down all the time than getting behind them and support them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 11, 2011, 08:58:07 PM
A result is a result.  Its typical Ireland though.  We go to places like Russia, Italy, France etc and come away with a lot more than anyone ever expects us to yet we struggle to outplay less skilled teams such as Armenia and Andorra.

We got two lucky goals but a result is a result and again we find ourselves in the playoffs. I can't wait for the draw.

Same as that really looking forward to it now.

Declan

QuoteSome lads would rather spend their time putting Irish soccer down all the time than getting behind them and support them.

Bullshit - you can support the team and still criticise them. I hope we qualify but that doesn't take away from the fact that we were blessed tonight

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2011, 09:00:10 PM
QuoteNow I know this is the best place to come on to criticize and voice opinions but can a few of us not just be happy that we'v made it to the play offs and possibly the finals next summer.

Some lads would rather spend their time putting Irish soccer down all the time than getting behind them and support them.

Like you and the rugby team?
MWWSI 2017

Shortso79

Jesus lads.... reality check

At the start of the campaign - you would have snapped up a play off place

We were lucky with the goalkeeper been sent off - about time we had a bit of fortune

I'm sure other countries would swap our position in a heart beat

Results matter and u have to hand it to Trapp - he's getting them

Would you rather play more attractive football and get beat 4-3

That two's campaigns under Trapp - two tough groups and play offs in both achieved

In that campaign - played 10 - won 6 - drawn 3 and lost 1

No matter who we get in the play offs - We'll be the under-dogs

J OGorman

Phewww! We never make it easy for ourselves. Hopefully the draw is kind

The sky generation is out in force tonight. This team, a very limited team with few better than average players have busted their holes and got a playoff spot which I'm sure we'd all have taken at the start of the campaign. This isn't some billionaire's English premiership play thing were players can be bought and given ludicrous wages to give their Irish fans instant gratification. This is your bastarding country, through thick and often painful thin, get behind them ffs, and not just during the good times. A lot of folk in here spreading their hate are worse the English and the Irish tabloid papers that they constantly give out about

Looking forward to the draw

laoislad

France just missed a sitter..
Bosnia look a decent team themselves actually.

AFS

From Main Street's link a few pages back and the scores at present it looks like we'll still be seeded.

Looks like Croatia and Portugal will definitely be seeded. France will also be seeded if their score remains the same. We'll come in next, with Serbia not counting as they're currently losing in Slovenia. Montenegro, Turkey, Estonia and Czech Republic would go unseeded.