Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: KickItInAndStartClapping on June 08, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
Quote from: Tormund on June 07, 2021, 10:55:53 PM
Quote from: groundlie on June 07, 2021, 10:43:49 PM
There's an all Ireland in this team. I definitely believe that.
We're not going to win an all ireland, in the near future anyway. I love this team, im loving watching them, and its been a hugely succesful campaign to stay up with a game to go, its brilliant! We also have to be realistic, we were in 2a and the mcdonagh last year. We are looking to establish ourselves in div 1 and the liam mccarthy and build from there.

Antrim will lift the Liam McCarthy before the year 2026.

I'd really love to believe you for the greater good of Ulster hurling but a few good performances in the NHL isn't really the foundation needed to be talking of winning an AI in 2026.

Limerick have been rattling off U21 titles, NHL's, Munster titles etc etc with a pretty young team. Hard to see Antrim make that leap in 5 years..

Are the schools out early this year?

Tormund

Quote from: groundlie on June 08, 2021, 02:08:20 PM
Why not? The lads vs wexford were unbelievable. Id go as far as to say that was the best Antrim performance I've ever seen.
The team were brilliant against wexford, im still over the moon at how well this team are doing, they are doing us proud.
But to win all irelands you have to beat teams at the level of limerick, galway, tipp, they are a level above wexford. I think we have 5 or 6 players at that level, not 15.
And you have to beat them in croke park, the tight pitch in corrigan suits our game.
I dont think we should be getting bogged down on talking about winning all irelands, for now just enjoy how well the team are doing

north_antrim_hound

Cam down lads, we are not the same standards as limerick,Galway Tipp etc. we need to be competing at minor and u21 before we have those sort of aspirations. I'll take a deep run in Leinster with the view of adding a few more players for next year.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

KickItInAndStartClapping

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 08, 2021, 02:50:07 PM
Cam down lads, we are not the same standards as limerick,Galway Tipp etc. we need to be competing at minor and u21 before we have those sort of aspirations. I'll take a deep run in Leinster with the view of adding a few more players for next year.

All things considered, Antrim have a stronger team than Galway this year.

Milltown Row2

Has Angelo and Syd taken over the Antrim thread?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Dublin are a massive battle for us. They were well ahead of us in our game and we say we were tired etc but the championship game will tell us if that is a reality. We're massively improved being competitive with these teams and if we beat Dublin tbh I would be absolutely over the moon and if I'm honest very pleasantly surprised. I would say it's dublin +5 or so for that game by bookies odds. One game at a time.

All Ireland talk is either WUM stuff or pipe dream stuff.

Galway, Limerick and Tipp the 3 best with the likes of KK, Waterford etc below them. There's a massive gap between the top few and the next few and there's a massive gap from them to the rest.

Tormund

Exactly,
If we could beat dublin in the leinster that would be incredible. If not, i think we would have a relegation play off against laois. If we won that, along with our league campaign this year and can bring on some quality young players that would be a hugely succesful year, and something to build on

KickItInAndStartClapping

Quote from: Tormund on June 08, 2021, 03:13:12 PM
Exactly,
If we could beat dublin in the leinster that would be incredible. If not, i think we would have a relegation play off against laois. If we won that, along with our league campaign this year and can bring on some quality young players that would be a hugely succesful year, and something to build on

Agreed

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2021, 02:59:42 PM
Has Angelo and Syd taken over the Antrim thread?

Yeah it looks that way.

This used to be a place where we could have a civilised wise discussion about Antrim hurling.

Fact is we have improved.
Fact is we are still light years behind the next level.

The boys are progressing and things have played into our hands this year, Dublin in championship will be the yardstick and then again next year to see if we can retain Div 1 status.

groundlie

Elliot, Walsh, McNaughton and Molloy will be definitely in the all-star nominations this year which is great. Id fancy us to take Dublin now based on Saturdays brilliant performance.

NAG1

Quote from: groundlie on June 08, 2021, 03:53:39 PM
Elliot, Walsh, McNaughton and Molloy will be definitely in the all-star nominations this year which is great. Id fancy us to take Dublin now based on Saturdays brilliant performance.

FFS if we are chinned in the first round by Dublin, two league (one drawn) games arent going to get you a nomination for anything. You might get an invite to the GL dinner but thats the height of it.

Can we catch a grip and get back to some sort of reality.

(Shouldn't have taken the bait but pages of sh*t getting on my nerves)

Baile an tuaigh

Antrim should go all out against Laois (who I expect to be ultra competitive) in preparation for Dublin. This is the last real chance to get in a good tough game. Unless they have some good challenge games lined up. You would want to be match sharp I think we have a decent chance against Dublin.

imtommygunn

I agree. For me we want to be building confidence by getting a win against Laois and also winning as many games as we lose in division 1. There's a two week gap to the Dublin game. For me the football like the hurling- league highest priority and championship a bonus.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: NAG1 on June 08, 2021, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: groundlie on June 08, 2021, 03:53:39 PM

FFS if we are chinned in the first round by Dublin, two league (one drawn) games arent going to get you a nomination for anything. You might get an invite to the GL dinner but thats the height of it.

Can we catch a grip and get back to some sort of reality.

(Shouldn't have taken the bait but pages of sh*t getting on my nerves)

Jesus wept. He's a wind up merchant. People who don't see through him are nearly as silly.

Tormund

I dunno, i dont think he is a wind up merchant, maybe just young or something, who knows