Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 07, 2021, 01:26:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2021, 12:13:52 PM
Brendan Cummins was saying that walking into Corrigan was like playing in Galatasaray !!! well the locals do have a soccer name for Corrigan funny enough  :D

Are you going to share that name?? (I'm 90% sure I know the name haha)

I'll say nowt, in fairness to St Johns they have done a fantastic job at Corrigan, hopefully they will be able to develop it further and it will be well used in the coming years, not just for county games but club finals too.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Club Aontroma paid 25k for that stand. Good to see that. It definitely now looks like a good setup.

I know what you boys call it lol.

Baile an tuaigh

That was a great price for the stand in Corrigan. Maybe its the romantic side in me,  but I'd love to see Antrim play a league game in Cushendun. Its a scenic setting and a good tight pitch. I think players would love it too.

Baile an tuaigh

Sean O Neill Limerick hurler said he used to love playing in Casement as there was nothing but noise coming from the stand. I've good memories following Antrim in the stand at Casement people would tend to get very fired up especially the youn ones thumbing the supports up the back.

Applesisapples

Great result for Antrim, good for hurling across the province. Davy Fitz is a legend and was rightly complimentary. Gleeson is doing a good job and hopefully he can build on this.

Crikeyboys

Davy Fitz is the most lovable troublemaker in the entire GAA. I think he trumps Joe Brolly.

imtommygunn

Cummins didn't know our players at all lol. Looked down and said mccloskey and wasn't even sure who he meant.

Watching that match again Shannon did well. McManus's ball no doubt was fantastic but he needed a bit of composure to finish that. The ball for Molloy to score was great too.

BrendanAntrim

Yes, Shannon had some impact after coming on. His pass for final point was absolute precision. Wonder what the approach will be this weekend? We are safe and a huge championship game two weeks later. Might see some lesser used panel members vetting game time which might be a good thing.

Tormund

Yea shea shannon looks a quality player and a good one for the future, i would have shannon or clarke on ahead of mccloskey

imtommygunn

I'd like to see more of Peter mccallin. He is a bit more of a physical presence than we have so worth a look. (Not a St. John's man lol).

Mccloskey a bit different - more work rate and disruptive than a big scoring threat. Did very well last year too.

Tormund

Does anyone know is conor mccann injured? Im guessing he is.
I seen in the build up to the wexford game gleeson said that he wanted to give him a rest for the dublin game as he didnt have much time to train before this campaign, due to an injury i think, and he said he would be fine for the wexford game, did he pick up a new injury last week?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tormund on June 07, 2021, 10:39:48 PM
Does anyone know is conor mccann injured? Im guessing he is.
I seen in the build up to the wexford game gleeson said that he wanted to give him a rest for the dublin game as he didnt have much time to train before this campaign, due to an injury i think, and he said he would be fine for the wexford game, did he pick up a new injury last week?

Not sure of the Wexford game but defo injured for Dublin game.

We've loads of options and horses for courses I'd say, we've still a lot of lads that still need to physically fill out, and while they are great to come on as subs to run at players late on, some lads would be hurt badly if they ran into some of those Dublin lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tormund

Quote from: groundlie on June 07, 2021, 10:43:49 PM
There's an all Ireland in this team. I definitely believe that.
We're not going to win an all ireland, in the near future anyway. I love this team, im loving watching them, and its been a hugely succesful campaign to stay up with a game to go, its brilliant! We also have to be realistic, we were in 2a and the mcdonagh last year. We are looking to establish ourselves in div 1 and the liam mccarthy and build from there.

imtommygunn

5 all stars this year and maybe an all Ireland before 2025. That'll do ;D

groundlie

Why not? The lads vs wexford were unbelievable. Id go as far as to say that was the best Antrim performance I've ever seen.