7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Quote from: ned on July 30, 2021, 07:51:09 AM
Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2021, 06:53:57 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2021, 03:43:18 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2021, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2021, 09:19:53 AM
Difficult to understand the mentality of Celtic fans. It's a farmer's league with players who are league 2 standard. Celtic would do well to be in the top 4 of the Irish League. Just because the stadium is full doesn't mean the football is any good. They attract a lot of fans due to the sectarian element. This can't be overlooked. Unfortunately it doesn't help them win football matches.

League of Ireland teams Bohemians and Dundalk won tonight in the Europa League conference. It's at the stage now were these sides are more successful in Europe than Celtic

Europa League conference is the 3rd Tier Competition of European Football. Champions League is the first tier. The quality of teams you will meet in qualifying rounds in Europa League conference would be of far lesser quality.
I wouldn't be so sure. Midtylland are no world beaters, Larne beat a team from the same league.

Aye, because Burnley are as good as Man City.
The Danish league has about ten teams in it  ::)

Main Street

Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2021, 12:19:13 PM
Difficult to understand the mentality of Celtic fans. It's a farmer's league with players who are league 2 standard. Celtic would do well to be in the top 4 of the Irish League. Just because the stadium is full doesn't mean the football is any good. They attract a lot of fans due to the sectarian element. This can't be overlooked. Unfortunately it doesn't help them win football matches.

League of Ireland teams Bohemians and Dundalk won tonight in the Europa League conference. It's at the stage now were these sides are more successful in Europe than Celtic

Europa League conference is the 3rd Tier Competition of European Football. Champions League is the first tier. The quality of teams you will meet in qualifying rounds in Europa League conference would be of far lesser quality.
I wouldn't be so sure. Midtylland are no world beaters, Larne beat a team from the same league.

One has to allow for a level of ignorance with D7,  they were in the CL group stage last season (such a long time ago) and managed a draw with a run of the mill EPL team  as well as Atalanta away.  However they were no great shakes in this tie and should have been beaten handily enough by a Celtic team, problem is Celtic only have about half a functioning team.

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2021, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2021, 12:19:13 PM

One has to allow for a level of ignorance with D7,  they were in the CL group stage last season (such a long time ago) and managed a draw with a run of the mill EPL team  as well as Atalanta away.  However they were no great shakes in this tie and should have been beaten handily enough by a Celtic team, problem is Celtic only have about half a functioning team.

One has to allow for a level of delusion with MS. Celtic getting beaten by little known clubs has become the norm rather than the exception in recent years.

uimhr ocht

Celtic werent prepared for those ties the eddie howe saga dragged on too long and probably see a different team from sept time but the damage could be already done by then in the league.Im surprised kennedy, strachan. are still about the place Ange should have brought his own team in its not a great look the board are imposing them on him.

JimStynes

JimStynes

Quote from: JimStynes on July 28, 2021, 09:49:55 PM
The new manager won't be there by Halloween. That is brutal. Absolutely woeful again.

JimStynes

I said I wasn't going to really give a shit this year but I'm already raging. This is worse than last season. We've played 3 competitive games against poor teams who haven't a fraction of Celtic's budget and not won a single one of them. We haven't scored more than one goal in any of them. We've conceded at least once in all of them. The w**ker upfront would be safer sitting in the house if he doesn't want to be there. I refuse to believe that starting 11 isn't good enough to beat hearts but hearts looked like scoring and wanted to win. I feel sorry for Ange. He's inherited a totally unmotivated and leaderless side. But at the same time, he's a cheap option and doesn't come with a reputation or CV that will motivate the likes of that lazy f**ker up front.

Itchy

Should've went with Keane. These boys not interested in playing for this manager.

balladmaker

As we already knew, needs a total clear out ... Edouard needs to be shown the door now, take what they can get for him and send him on his way!  Ange must be asking himself WTF have I got into here ... a clear out is needed, and at least get players in who want to be there and play for the jersey. 

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2021, 11:08:21 PM
Should've went with Keane. These boys not interested in playing for this manager.
Short term yes Keane would have impact but that doesn't last long, he has zero managerial nous and players eventually get fed up up with boot boy style manager.

general_lee

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2021, 11:08:21 PM
He doesn't seem like such a bad choice now. I like the noises Ange is making but if he's got a team of uninterested duds then what's the use? Is he just another yes man? Are we about to witness another full season of inept performances? Big turn around needed ASAP

bennydorano

Thought they were bullied in MF tbh, everything stemmed from there. The stick that Scott Brown ended up shipping  ::) exactly the type of player that is required. Soro isn't fit to lace his boots. Terrible Goalie as well, in no man's land for the 2nd goal.

Manager needs time & funds, I wouldn't be even thinking about making a judgement on him for a few months.

Applesisapples

Nothing has changed in that team from Lennon left. I'd say he's laughing into his pint watching this guff.

Baile Brigín 2

Rumour is a bid of €600k for Shamrock Rovers Liam Scales.  A gem of a player but a possible bidding war triggered.

rodney trotter

Joe Hart has signed for Celtic. If he gets back to the form of 3 or 4 years ago he would be a good signing as number 1 for Celtic.