Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

trailer

Jesus Joe Hart's career has taken some nose dive.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: trailer on August 02, 2021, 09:52:13 PM
Jesus Joe Hart's career has taken some nose dive.

Joe Hart with one arm would be an upgrade on Barkas

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 02, 2021, 09:47:35 PM
Joe Hart has signed for Celtic. If he gets back to the form of 3 or 4 years ago he would be a good signing as number 1 for Celtic.

He could play blindfolded and is an improvement on Barkas

lenny

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 02, 2021, 10:28:17 PM
Joe Hart has signed for Celtic. If he gets back to the form of 3 or 4 years ago he would be a good signing as number 1 for Celtic.

Great to see Hart show real ambition and move to a massive club with a chance of winning trophies. Too many players in his position are happy to sit in epl sides picking up big wages and not playing. if he can get back to somewhere near his best this will be a great move for Celtic and Hart also.

johnnycool

Quote from: lenny on August 03, 2021, 08:04:26 AM

Great to see Hart show real ambition and move to a massive club with a chance of winning trophies. Too many players in his position are happy to sit in epl sides picking up big wages and not playing. if he can get back to somewhere near his best this will be a great move for Celtic and Hart also.

Hart wasn't even going to get to warm the bench in the EPL so the move to Glasgow was about right for where he's at in his career.

He could do a job for Celtic

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on August 03, 2021, 08:44:46 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 03, 2021, 08:04:26 AM

Hart wasn't even going to get to warm the bench in the EPL so the move to Glasgow was about right for where he's at in his career.

He could do a job for Celtic

15k a week apparently. Some fall, he was England's first choice keeper now can't get a team to take him.

toby47

Apart from the blatantly obvious upgrade on Barkas/Bain, the Hart transfer makes sense for more reasons than one. The Celtic squad is badly missing experienced leaders at the minute, Hart will help fill this gap in the squad. He also would have been on far far more than 15k a week at Spurs and could have easily taken the easy ride for another year making big bucks. A good sign that he is willing to take a significant drop in money, shows he is hungry for first team football instead of going into the last few years of his career chasing pay checks.

bennydorano

I never rated Hart - ever, even when he was flavour of the month I always thought he was kat and couldn't see what the English media were seeing. Having said all that I still think he's worth a punt as Celtic's crop of keepers are crap.

trailer

Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2021, 10:16:54 AM
I never rated Hart - ever, even when he was flavour of the month I always thought he was kat and couldn't see what the English media were seeing. Having said all that I still think he's worth a punt as Celtic's crop of keepers are crap.

Hart is shite and he'll have his work cut out a Celtic. He'll put his back out from constantly picking the ball out of the net.

dublin7

Quote from: trailer on August 03, 2021, 11:01:54 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2021, 10:16:54 AM

Hart is shite and he'll have his work cut out a Celtic. He'll put his back out from constantly picking the ball out of the net.

Hart has been third choice keeper at his previous clubs and it must be over 2 years since he last played in a competitive game. Despite this he won't be up against much in the SPL (excluding Rangers) and the other keepers are rubbish so he can't really be any worse. He'll be taking a substantial pay cut to move to the SPL so at least that shows he still wants to play football and not just take the easy life at Spurs for the pay cheque

I assume given his status as third choice at Spurs they're getting him on a free transfer or virtually nothing

Main Street

I think Celtic could have aimed higher, someone like Darren Randolph 34 years old, a good steady goalie,
a reserve for 2 years at West Ham but rarely playing in the first team.

Itchy

Signed James McCarthy now which could be a good signing if he stays clear of injury.

MoChara

My only real concerns about signing Hart and McCarthy is that there's no way they are Anges choices.

lenny

Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2021, 09:24:28 PM
My only real concerns about signing Hart and McCarthy is that there's no way they are Anges choices.

Totally disagree. I'd imagine after watching the team in the games so far he's pleaded with the board to give him a few experienced pros who can give leadership. I'd say he's absolutely delighted with these signings.

dublin7

I can't believe Celtic actually spent £1m on Joe Hart. Spurs must be laughing all the way to the bank. That's chicken feed in Premier League terms but proper money in the SPL. Third choice keeper Spurs don't need and Celtic pay good money to take him. Bizarre

At least McCarthy is a freebie. Lad has had horrible luck with injuries in his career. It's a pity this move didn't come a few years ago as he's 30 now. A few years ago he could have rebuilt his career at the lower SPL standard, got a move back to the EPL and pushed on with his club career and with Ireland as well. Instead at 30 it's unlikely he'll get a move back to England so he'll have to play out his career with Celtic. A pity as he showed real promise in his younger years