The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Sweet Jesus......you haven't changed. 

Data from an NBC poll is about as reliable as what you'd get reading articles from the National Eqnuirer

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on September 23, 2021, 01:22:00 AM

Data from an NBC poll is about as reliable as what you'd get reading articles from the National Eqnuirer
Reality has never suited you, buddy.

Keep talking absolute bollocks by all means though.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 01:47:43 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 23, 2021, 01:22:00 AM

Reality has never suited you, buddy.

Keep talking absolute bollocks by all means though.

LOL-one of the senior execs at the company I work for is on the IMF global pandemic task force

I know a thing or three about what I'm saying because we all get daily reports with actual data

Eg-Actual data from NYC says 56% of white adults and 45% of black adults are fully vaccinated

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data-vaccines.page#nyc

Similar story in MA

https://www.mass.gov/doc/weekly-covid-19-vaccination-report-september-16-2021/download

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 09:18:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 09:05:12 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 08:00:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 06:43:37 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 06:18:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 06:08:04 PM
Misspelled,  Leana wen her motto is anti vaccine is  anti freedom so no freedom until vaccinated that's how it works for everyone right

Hadn't heard of her before.

But this appears to be the piece where she says that. https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=59771bb1ae7e8a6816e15b98&s=6143a94f9d2fda9d41cf9553&linknum=4&linktot=59

Indeed, vaccines aren't the antithesis of freedom; they are the pathway out of the suffering and isolation brought upon by covid-19. I'd go further to say that being anti-vaccination is anti-freedom.

Some have labeled the recent push by the Biden administration to embrace vaccine requirements as government overreach. I strongly disagree. We are in the middle of the biggest public-health crisis of our lifetimes. This week, we reached the sobering milestone that one in 500 Americans have died of covid-19. One of the core responsibilities of government is to safeguard public health and safety. Vaccination is not just an individual choice; it is one that very much affects the health — and survival — of others.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. But then I don't subscribe to the deranged "f**k-you-and-everyone-else; its-all-about-me" concept of freedom that many in the US do.
anyone not vaccinated by now is not getting it , allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals into the country unchecked is insane both medically and lawfully and that's what Biden is doing all while trying to kick us citizens out of their  jobs .

1. How many are getting through unchecked?
2. Is there any evidence that illegal immigration is responsible, to any significant effect, for the spread of Covid?
3.Assuming, for the sake of argument, that illegal immigration IS a significant contributor to the spread of Covid, why would it make any sense to ignore the problems caused by unvaccinated citizens and residents?
would you be ok with airports allowing people in without vaccines or negative test ?
I like to show the hypocrisy

So no facts or numbers or even rational argument to contribute, just bullshit as usual.

But, unlike yourself, I'll try to answer.

1. There is no hypocrisy. I have never complained here (or anywhere else) about the CBP doing their job and patrolling the border and arresting illegal crossers. I would expect it to be done humanely and the people in question handled humanely. I would expect asylum seekers to be handled humanely. I think the CBP should have whatever resources and funding they need to do their job both thoroughly and humanely. And that should obviously include covid testing and vaccinations, and whatever other vaccinations would be needed.

2. Airports are controlled border crossings. Far easier to control than thousands of miles of a land border obviously. First step in any operation should be the low-hanging fruit, and ports of entry like airports are easy enough to control before you turn to the more complex stuff. That aside I've asked you on several occasions when you're making these claims to provide some substance regarding the numbers, even estimates, of how many people are evading the CBP at the border, but you repeatedly fail to provide any. One would assume you have access to something given that you're repeatedly using it as an excuse for opposing vaccine mandates or, laughably, as a diversion to the lunatic right wing's ovine vaccine denialism.

3. You didn't answer why mandates are wrong on their own merits. Because even if the border is contributing to the spread, that doesn't mean mandates can't help overall.
the cnn bs talking point that conservative people won't take the vaccine is  a lie  what is true though is the current president and vp said last year that they would not take a vaccine that's connected to the Trump administration , a few months ago Biden,  fauci and Kamala said vaccine mandates would not be implemented . So if you want to see liars look at the white house the media and the mirror

Was this supposed to be a response to what I said? In response to a post I make giving you grief for once again avoiding the question, you yet again ignore the question and points and change to some other subject, piling on even more bullshit? : D : D

What has CNN got to do with either anything I said or the completely undisguised, shout-it-from-the-rooftops embrace of vaccine denialism by the right?

Kamala Harris didn't say she would not take a vaccine connected to Trump. She said in the VP debate "If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it". The context being, of course, that Trump at the time was trying to get the vaccine rushed for political reasons, out so that he could ride the wave of enthusiasm and good news going into Election Day (how ironic is that given the state of play on the right today?) She was absolutely correct. And Fauci was still part of the administration anyway, albeit one of the rare examples who managed to keep their professional reputations and dignity intact by putting his duty and the public interest above fealty to Trump.

I don't care what they all said about mandates a few months ago. The Delta variant wasn't around then. Another surge of infection wasn't a factor in their thinking. The vaccines were out. Initial enthusiasm looked like it might help conquer this thing, at least in the US. But if conditions change, then decisions and policies have to change. Anything else is irresponsible and an abdication of duty. Wishful thinking is going to make the pandemic end, despite what Trump seemed to think last year.

sid waddell

At all stages of this pandemic, the US right-wing political and media bullshit machine has engaged in magical thinking.

And as their bullshit has continually collapsed around them, they have retreated ever further into an alternate reality universe in which they try to convince themselves that what they are saying is not absolute bollocks.

It is absolute bollocks.

But it is also yet more mass conditioning for the coming assault of full fascism in the US, which requires the creation of an alternate reality which is believed by massive swathes of the population.

This is basic history and anybody who ignores it is complicit.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 04:50:50 PM
At all stages of this pandemic, the US right-wing political and media bullshit machine has engaged in magical thinking.

And as their bullshit has continually collapsed around them, they have retreated ever further into an alternate reality universe in which they try to convince themselves that what they are saying is not absolute bollocks.

It is absolute bollocks.

But it is also yet more mass conditioning for the coming assault of full fascism in the US, which requires the creation of an alternate reality which is believed by massive swathes of the population.

Any thoughts on the teachers Unions taking legal action because they don't want to get vaccinated?

They're certainly no Republicans and are andangerjng the most vulnerable in society who can't get vaccinated

Your selective outrage is hilarious

Gmac

Yes j70 I believe mandates are wrong.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 23, 2021, 05:26:27 PM

Just the covid mandates, or all vaccine mandates?

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 23, 2021, 05:18:54 PM

It is absolute bollocks.

Any thoughts on the teachers Unions taking legal action because they don't want to get vaccinated?

They're certainly no Republicans and are andangerjng the most vulnerable in society who can't get vaccinated

In NYC, more than 85% of school staff are vaccinated and the rest will now follow after the city workers unions just lost in court.

How many workers does it take to object before unions have to make this kind of challenge on behalf of their members?

Gmac

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2021, 05:51:39 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 23, 2021, 05:18:54 PM

It is absolute bollocks.

In NYC, more than 85% of school staff are vaccinated and the rest will now follow after the city workers unions just lost in court.

How many workers does it take to object before unions have to make this kind of challenge on behalf of their members?

That's great

Chicago is 73% which is scandalous

J70

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2021, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 23, 2021, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2021, 05:41:12 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 23, 2021, 05:26:27 PM

Just the covid mandates, or all vaccine mandates?
covid
in your current job did you have to disclose your vaccination status before now ?

Why just covid?

sid waddell

One of the key tenets of the sort of Ayn Rand style libertarianism publicly espoused by the Q Party is that employers should have the freedom to set conditions of employment and deny people access to their premises on a whim.

This is one of the very rare occasions where that sort of libertarian ideology is actually correct, because it holds that any business should be able to mandate vaccines for employees and anybody who enters the premises. Which is very sensible in terms of public health and the health of those who work and enter business premises.

But the people who publicly espouse libertarianism have suddenly renounced that, just because it doesn't suit them.

And they have renounced it because they don't actually believe libertarianism at all, they use it as a front for tyranny, as libertarianism has always been used.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated are being selfish bastards who care nothing for others. They don't care if they spread Covid to somebody and that person dies.

That is real tyranny.

No more needs to be said. And no false respect or nicety should be paid to such an ideology.

Because it's literally quite happy to kill you.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on September 23, 2021, 07:07:21 PM
One of the key tenets of the sort of Ayn Rand style libertarianism publicly espoused by the Q Party is that employers should have the freedom to set conditions of employment and deny people access to their premises on a whim.

This is one of the very rare occasions where that sort of libertarian ideology is actually correct, because it holds that any business should be able to mandate vaccines for employees and anybody who enters the premises. Which is very sensible in terms of public health and the health of those who work and enter business premises.

But the people who publicly espouse libertarianism have suddenly renounced that, just because it doesn't suit them.

And they have renounced it because they don't actually believe libertarianism at all, they use it as a front for tyranny, as libertarianism has always been used.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated are being selfish bastards who care nothing for others. They don't care if they spread Covid to somebody and that person dies.

That is real tyranny.

No more needs to be said. And no false respect or nicety should be paid to such an ideology.

Because it's literally quite happy to kill you.

So what about the teachers unions suing to stop a vaccine mandate for employees who work exclusively with PEOPLE WHO CANT BE VACCINATED?

What do you think of them?