Historic sporting events....

Started by 5 Sams, February 20, 2009, 09:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Setanta bating the fcuk outta Culann's guard-dog.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Caid

QuotePaula radcliffe pissing at the road side

Paula Radcliffe has nothing on this guy....
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

ONeill

He looked like a feckin woman too. Cooper in drag.

Hardy

Cheltenham 1966 - Arkle's third Gold Cup. I was there for Best Mate's. Not the same though - a bit like Tyrone winning three All-Irelands - some kind of freak event.

ONeill

To be in Spain when Armstrong scored must've been some feeling for the supporters.
Packie v Romania
Anfield 89
Ali-Foreman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2009, 08:22:35 AM
To be in Spain when Armstrong scored must've been some feeling for the supporters.
Packie v Romania
Anfield 89
Ali-Foreman
Fearon was there in Spain with the gawa and it's a game he'll never forget.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Caid on February 20, 2009, 10:38:38 PM
Scientifically speaking, it would be easier to build a time machine to go forward in time. 

So i'm headin to Old Trafford on Saturday 16 May to see Man Utd beat Arsenal and win an 18th league title, which will hopefully shut the Liverpool fans up for a while....

Then i'm going to September 2035 to see my son score 3-10 to guide Fermanagh to their twentieth all-ireland title....

You wont beat Arsenal to win it so you might as well just skip on another week wjen you have that time machine!!

Were the only team allowed to win title's at OT and WHL oh and when i'm at it Anfield....Imagine we have won the league at WHL more time than the Spuds...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Doogie Browser

Great thread, loads I could add bit off the top of my head

Stuttgart 88 would have been special
Tiger winning at Augusta in 1997
Harrington winning the Open in 2007
Liz McColgan Tokyo 1991
Giants Stadium 18th June 1994

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Farrandeelin

1936, 1950 and 1951 AIFs. At least I'd have been happy after those All-Irelands. Someone mentioned a future time machine, well it'd need to be a bit unpredictable but it's the next time Mayo win the All-Ireland, whenever that'll be.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hardy

Get her a good service before you head off, Farrandeelin. You could be a long time on the road.

FL/MAYO

1973 All Blacks vs Barbarians at Cardiff Arms Park

ziggysego

The first Jamaican bobsled team man!

Testing Accessibility

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2009, 01:03:31 PM
Get her a good service before you head off, Farrandeelin. You could be a long time on the road.

Take care...
Advice from a Meathman is like an invitation to supper from the devil; caution is needed. ;D
BTW, I see on another thread that your job is going in September. I'm sorry to hear that and hope you get fixed up real soon.
Remember that life goes on as normal where appointed teachers are concerned- some will be retiring and being replaced by others in the normal way.
If you have a competent principal at present or you can contact the INTO rep, find out, coming near the summer, when the panel is cleared. Then start applying and get your CV in fast to as    many advertisers as possible. Being a teacher with some practical experience, you should rate highly at any interview you are asked to attend.
Right now, everything is up in a heap and the most confused head around the place is one Batt O'Keefe.
By the end of the year things should be a lot clearer and your present principal or someone who knows what's happening in other schools around the locality may be able to point you in the right direction and put in a word where it counts...
That's the way things have always operated and probably still do.

Brest of luck at any rate and here's hoping you see Sam heading to Mayo real soon.
The highlight of my sporting events will be the time John O'Mahony will turn around, look me in the eye and say, "Well, which of us is clueless now, ya thick, ignorant f**ker?"
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

DrinkingHarp

October 14th 1908 to see the Chicago Cubs win their last World Series.

1962 U.S. Open when Jack was down by 2 strokes to Arnold , then beats him in a playoff.

1936 Olympics to watch Jesse Owens.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014