The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2021, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 12:55:49 PM
MR2 there with another couple of posts for the Things that make you go what the f**k thread.

That won't change my view on it, it's a minority sport like the stuff McGregor competes in.

Boxing even in male boxers support isn't even in the top ten watched sports
Evidence for that statement?

"Minority sport" doesn't make sense.
Boxing is Ireland's most successful sport on the world stage. So that argument doesn't stand up.
Her achievements are better than everyone else's. It's not even a debate in my opinion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2021, 01:06:16 PM
Tbh when any Irish person is competing on that world stage I would turn any soccer match over to watch them. Most gaa matches though would be conflicted for an Antrim one.

On the athletics Sarah Healy a big name to watch out for in future years.

Irish bowling ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

My da loves bowls so yes...

BennyCake

Quote from: trileacman on May 29, 2021, 12:32:51 PM
She's not Ireland's greatest sportsperson. I'd say less than 1% of the Irish population has seen Taylor fight. I wonder how many of these people who seem to think she's Ireland's greatest sport person have ever been to a female boxing match.

I'd rather watch cricket than Taylor fight. No interest whatsoever in women's boxing. If that's sexist, then so be it.

You might as well say McGregor is Ireland's greatest sportsperson. Someone who participates in a sport resembling two thugs fighting in a car park. It's an abomination.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Cricket. Haha. Probably the worst and most boring sport in the world.
I'll give that poster and his opinion a by ball in this then.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 01:40:49 PM

That's the point.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on May 29, 2021, 01:53:18 PM

That's the point.
You said you have no interest in her or her sport. So you're automatically biased against her achievements. So you won't be taken seriously in this debate if you can't put your bias to one side.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on May 29, 2021, 01:53:18 PM

That's the point.

Cricket has 2.5 billion people watching it, Asia UK and Australia being the main support base. Women's boxing has 20 thousand participants, of that number most are classes boxing classes that would be done in a gym

GiveItToTheShooters

So by that logic because the Indians are decent at cricket and that country has over a billion people means automatically all those people in India watch cricket and automatically means therefore an Irish cricket ( ;D ) player ranks higher than Katie Taylor in Ireland's greatest sportspeople.  ;D
Beyond moronic.

mrdeeds

Katie Taylor fought a policewoman a few months ago.

imtommygunn

Women's boxing not long going. What's the rolling eyes for... You asked and I answered :D

BennyCake

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 29, 2021, 03:49:44 PM
Katie Taylor fought a policewoman a few months ago.

When's the court case?

Godsown

Just flicked on the Late Late. The 3 Amigos. Talentless or what . How do guys like this steal a living

Sportacus

Big Geldof party tonight. He galvanised people to do big things.  I never really got him. Is he a bit marmite?