The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sportacus on October 01, 2021, 11:12:17 PM
Big Geldof party tonight. He galvanised people to do big things.  I never really got him. Is he a bit marmite?

There's nothing to get. He's not been a Rock Star since the early '80. But he's been a decent Business man since.

Itchy

Big Geldof party tonight. He galvanised people to do big things.  I never really got him. Is he a bit marmite?

Hes a complete ass hole and what better place for an asshole to celebrate his birthday than with Ryan Tubridy. Oh and that's Sir Bob to you peasant.

Jim Bob

What was Bob chewing throughout the show? Looked ridiculous

balladmaker

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 02, 2021, 02:44:34 PM

Because he's a prat.  Who would go on the Late Late and chew constantly ... also he showed a lack of respect for former President, Mary Robinson, a few times I thought.  He just comes across as an egotistical ignoramus.

Best line of the night goes to Dustin The Turkey ... 'You only did Live Aid to get a gig for the Boomtown Rats' ... Sir Bob seemed a little perturbed by that comment :-)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: balladmaker on October 02, 2021, 08:40:27 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 02, 2021, 02:44:34 PM

Because he's a prat.  Who would go on the Late Late and chew constantly ... also he showed a lack of respect for former President, Mary Robinson, a few times I thought.  He just comes across as an egotistical ignoramus.

Best line of the night goes to Dustin The Turkey ... 'You only did Live Aid to get a gig for the Boomtown Rats' ... Sir Bob seemed a little perturbed by that comment :-)

A joke that's been told a thousand times. Whatever about Bob Geldof,
how did Dustin the Turkey ever become a thing? and then for the craic that gimmick was sent to Eurovision to represent Ireland.

sid waddell

Sir Bob is a national treasure.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on October 02, 2021, 09:11:30 PM
Sir Bob is a national treasure.

It depends what nation you are talking about!

armaghniac

Does Andrea Corr do birthday parties? I have a birthday coming up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

imtommygunn

Ask Jim for a vaccine certificate before you let him in ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2021, 09:34:17 PM
Ask Jim for a vaccine certificate before you let him in ;D

I actually wasn't bothered about Jim.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GJL

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 02, 2021, 12:26:42 AM

There's nothing to get. He's not been a Rock Star since the early '80. But he's been a decent Business man since.

Did they have a nice bowl of soup for him on the show?

sensethetone

Quote from: GJL on October 03, 2021, 12:10:21 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 02, 2021, 12:26:42 AM

Did they have a nice bowl of soup for him on the show?
Robert McGeldof lol

Itchy

To qualify for soup taking joke you have to have been one thing and changed to another. Geldoff has always been an unsufferable west brit know all and hypocrite. I'm not sure what food type should be associated with that.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.