Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

whats goskywatch?
anyone use the sky plus one?

ziggysego

Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2009, 04:01:18 PM

Brother-in-Law used to use it. Said he was a great job.
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2009, 04:01:18 PM
whats goskywatch?

It's for watching the Sky rather than Sky.
MWWSI 2017

lfdown2

Just got the sky news one, brilliant with videos, have currency converter, unit converter, London tube, and facebook all very useful

ONeill

Probably on to my first iphone app game addiction - Paper Toss.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

David McKeown

After an accident with mine I jailbroke mine to run how made apps.  I have got some great ones for different things now
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

I am getting the new i phone next week and was in the Apple shop today, i asked one of the wacky staff about the email function on it, he reckoned you had to pay a monthly fee for Hotmail if you set up a Hotmail account as opposed to Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, G Mail etc. Is this correct?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: Minder on June 12, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
I am getting the new i phone next week and was in the Apple shop today, i asked one of the wacky staff about the email function on it, he reckoned you had to pay a monthly fee for Hotmail if you set up a Hotmail account as opposed to Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, G Mail etc. Is this correct?

Never heard of anyone paying for hotmail.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: muppet on June 12, 2009, 09:57:02 PM

Never heard of anyone paying for hotmail.
Neither had i. I suspected he was talking shite.

Longshanks

Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
Probably on to my first iphone app game addiction - Paper Toss.

Addicted to hit too!! get nothing done at work with it, I can only get 6 in a row at the hardest level though  :-[

David McKeown

What he is talking about is that a number of years ago hotmail turned off your ability to access it's service through email clients in order to reduce spamming. As a result you either had to pay for that privillage or else use a web browser. Consequently on an iPhone you either have to use Safari (the web browser) to access hotmail or pay hotmail or a third party in order to use the mail client

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: David McKeown on June 13, 2009, 09:36:30 AM

What he is talking about is that a number of years ago hotmail turned off your ability to access it's service through email clients in order to reduce spamming. As a result you either had to pay for that privillage or else use a web browser. Consequently on an iPhone you either have to use Safari (the web browser) to access hotmail or pay hotmail or a third party in order to use the mail client

I can access my hotmail through the mail function and didnt have to pay anything or do anything special. If I used Safari to try and log-in to my hotmail, it wouldn't work, don't think Safari could load up everything that's there when you login on a computer. I just went to settings for email, added my hotmail account and can access it no problem. Only thing is, I can only view my inbox, sent items and deleted items when using the iPhone. There is an app out there called mBox Mail for £2.99 which can grant you full access to your account. http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292591480&mt=8

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 13, 2009, 01:30:11 PM

I can access my hotmail through the mail function and didnt have to pay anything or do anything special. If I used Safari to try and log-in to my hotmail, it wouldn't work, don't think Safari could load up everything that's there when you login on a computer. I just went to settings for email, added my hotmail account and can access it no problem. Only thing is, I can only view my inbox, sent items and deleted items when using the iPhone. There is an app out there called mBox Mail for £2.99 which can grant you full access to your account. http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292591480&mt=8
Cheers Archie, do you need to get any settings from Hotmail or is it just standard, email address, password etc ?

Archie Mitchell

Just go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calender > Add Account > Choose other then type in your email address, password and description for it.

It will load your whole inbox though so probably best doing it over the wifi rather than 3G.

I think the issue they were talking about before is maybe with using hotmail as your primary email account.

David McKeown

Sorry that should have said turned off access to it's relay (sending) service. Or at least I've not be able to send through it all though I haven't really tried for a few years