Thanksgiving

Started by john mcgill, November 27, 2008, 05:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I've just realised it's Thanksgiving in the States.  When I was there it was bigger than Christmas.  Happy Thanksgiving to our US posters and go easy on the pumpkin pie.

thejuice

Im not in the states but when I was in college I'd celebrate it with my US friends. Never pass on an excuse for stuffing  my face with turkey. Will have to make do with chicken today have a few beers and watch the NFL tonight though and send a few e-mails across the Atlantic.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

May I express my condolences to the Native American peoples on this day of mourning for anniversary of the instigation of 3 Centuries of Genocide and persecution .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

How about an apology as it was us Europeans that inflicted all that misery on them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tyrones own

Happy Thanksgiving to all this side :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

DrinkingHarp

Agree Juice.

Thank the Spanish, French, English and the rest of Western Europe.

With that said, I am thankfull for -  "W"  going to be out of office soon, I am going back to school, all my family are safe and sound, a good feast with said family and that I am not a Detroit Lions fan.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

maggie

one of our american colleagues had a thanksgiving party at the weekend.
had my first pumpkin pie experience-it was delish.

I am thankful for my family and friends....... oh and the weekends

magickingdom

great day - always loved it in the states turkey and football and do nothing all day! happy thanksgiving to one and all

DrinkingHarp

Just imagine if the Indians gave the Pilgrims a donkey instead of a turkey, we in the states would all be getting a piece of ass today.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tyrones own

Happy Thanksgiving to all the yanks on here... :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Bogball XV

Quote from: thejuice on November 27, 2008, 05:46:07 PM
How about an apology as it was us Europeans that inflicted all that misery on them.
surely it wasn't the ones who stayed behind?

screenexile

Thanksgiving was aboot a month ago you bunch of Hosers!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 27, 2008, 11:09:54 PM
Just imagine if the Indians gave the Pilgrims a donkey instead of a turkey, we in the states would all be getting a piece of ass today.

might be the only way some of ye boys would get yer hole out there  :D

Puckoon

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 25, 2010, 05:01:13 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the yanks on here... :)

Thank you sir. Same to you.

ross4life

I just missed Thanksgiving by two days, as i'm back home now i wish all my American relations & all the posters here stateside a very happy Thanksgiving!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open