The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I see on some of them a Handicap Certificate is required,as I'm not a member of a GolfClub I don't have one.
I would say I'm about a 14-16 handicap but did ye need to show proof when ye played?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on October 26, 2010, 08:32:57 PM
Laois, was just thinking if it's you and the oul fella just, have a look at La Cala in Costa Del Sol. Miles from a town, but three good courses and a very nice hotel.

I've not been, but I hear Quinta da Ria in East Algarve is pretty good too, and would be fairly cheaper than Vilampura.

Yeah will be just me and the aul man,will have a look at those cheers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: thewobbler on October 26, 2010, 08:32:57 PM
Laois, was just thinking if it's you and the oul fella just, have a look at La Cala in Costa Del Sol. Miles from a town, but three good courses and a very nice hotel.

I've not been, but I hear Quinta da Ria in East Algarve is pretty good too, and would be fairly cheaper than Vilampura.

Played 4 rounds there in July. The 3 courses are excellent, facilities are v good too. We didn't stay there because we wanted a livelier nightlife but it would be perfect for a quiet get away.
They have some excellent deals on their website. Buggy is a must on these courses.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 26, 2010, 08:35:18 PM
I see on some of them a Handicap Certificate is required,as I'm not a member of a GolfClub I don't have one.
I would say I'm about a 14-16 handicap but did ye need to show proof when ye played?

Yeah have been asked for one before. Used a bogus one I created in word. Stick in the address of your local club and the club crest if you want to be fancy. Never fails.

heganboy

for corporate stuff we use Carr golf- Marty is the man to talk to...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thewobbler

If you're dressed appropriately and haven't a shaved head with tattoos I doubt you'll be asked for a certificate anywhere in Spain or Portugal these days. The recession has hit them pretty hard too, and money is money.

Puckoon

Quote from: thewobbler on October 26, 2010, 09:17:07 PM
If you're dressed appropriately and haven't a shaved head with tattoos I doubt you'll be asked for a certificate anywhere in Spain or Portugal these days. The recession has hit them pretty hard too, and money is money.

Whats left is the only thing that should matter. Behaviour and a collared shirt should go a long way. Golf courses arent getting the foot traffic of old as you've rightly said.

sammymaguire

Some lovely courses in the south of France that are pretty quiet in March/April and the weather should be late teens www.st-endreol.com/en should not be too tricky to get flights to Nice
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Real Laoislad

Delighted for Westwood.
Though he is gonna have to win a Major soon to be really considered the best in the World IMHO.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 01, 2010, 05:54:19 PM
Delighted for Westwood.
Though he is gonna have to win a Major soon to be really considered the best in the World IMHO.

Yeah i agree. I wonder does it make him the only player ever to be ranked number 1 without having won a major?? I'd imagine it does.

Hoof Hearted

someone on sky sports news, a high up bucko on the European Tour, just said that it's great that Europe has 3 Major winners, the World No.1 and The RyderCup all in 2010, surely this isnt right ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 01, 2010, 06:05:51 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 01, 2010, 05:54:19 PM
Delighted for Westwood.

Yeah i agree. I wonder does it make him the only player ever to be ranked number 1 without having won a major?? I'd imagine it does.

I was wondering the same thing myself.
He actaully might be knocked of the Top spot by Sunday evening if any of the other players out of the Top 4 win this weeks WCG event
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2010, 06:08:04 PM
someone on sky sports news, a high up bucko on the European Tour, just said that it's great that Europe has 3 Major winners, the World No.1 and The RyderCup all in 2010, surely this isnt right ?

Maybe he meant players from the European Tour which would be Oosthuizen, Kaymer,McDowell
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

ah right, maybe that was it. He was a European Tour chief so probably was so
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012